• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I received a questionnaire via email today from Mountain Collective. Several of the questions revolved around why I chose the Mountain Collective pass. Knowing that many of us purchased the pass as a way to join the gang in Utah I thought it would be good to mention Pugski.com in several of the answers. They asked why I chose the Mountain Collective and which areas I skied at. They also asked where I got information about these areas. Since I got the MC pass specifically for the Gathering, I said so.

I figured if the Pugski.com brand got noticed by some of these big pass collectives, perhaps in the future it could lead to discounted prices. I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I received a questionnaire via email today from Mountain Collective. Several of the questions revolved around why I chose the Mountain Collective pass. Knowing that many of us purchased the pass as a way to join the gang in Utah I thought it would be good to mention Pugski.com in several of the answers. They asked why I chose the Mountain Collective and which areas I skied at. They also asked where I got information about these areas. Since I got the MC pass specifically for the Gathering, I said so.

I figured if the Pugski.com brand got noticed by some of these big pass collectives, perhaps in the future it could lead to discounted prices. I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.
It certainly can't hurt..... Hows that knee?

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It certainly can't hurt..... Hows that knee?
Calf seems to be all good. Skied a few runs on Sunday with the little Mt. Rose gathering and then again yesterday and today. No problems, at least not with the calf. How's the knee?

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Calf seems to be all good. Skied a few runs on Sunday with the little Mt. Rose gathering and then again yesterday and today. No problems, at least not with the calf. How's the knee?
It swelled up again after golfing yesterday.... I’m going to have to get some imaging done.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey @Needham , we still want those videos you took in Utah!
Especially the one where I looked like I knew what I was doing!

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey @Needham , we still want those videos you took in Utah!
Especially the one where I looked like I knew what I was doing!

I seem to remember he had it in a folder called "snipe."

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh god....@ChunderBlunder and I have Gigs of video from Utah. We sorted it into folders for each resort as we cleared our cards each night at the condo but we haven't done anything with it yet.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I finally starting cataloging all the video @ChunderBlunder and I shot during the Gathering. It's literally 500G of footage. There is some really good stuff in there. The next step is to convert it, that will take some time. After that we will begin to edit. So we hope to share some edits with you in the coming month.

After the initial viewing some possible video titles came to mind..... For example: Lessons with @jimmy. Who NOT to follow if you're an Intermediate (insert a lot of names here). How @ChunderBlunder got his name. Yes, we do spend that much time standing around instead of skiing, or Sometimes we look better standing there pointing at shit with our poles than we do skiing. When trail names are in conflict with reality. Or here's one a certain group of people should remember...."It was groomed this morning!" And lastly, The shit we ski when dad is drinking by @ChunderBlunder who was gleefully led astray by @Gary Stolt and @Drahtguy Kevin. We also have some bonus footage from our Sunday at Solitude to share. During the editing process we will get the opportunity to create a lot of group and stunning scenery still shots that we will publish as well.

A couple of consistent themes hold throughout all the video; 1) Utah is stunningly beautiful, and 2) you all are a just a great group of people! We're both really looking forward to seeing everyone again this coming season in BigSky!

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^^
Those are some nice sentiments but... uh... where's the video? :D
So we hope to share some edits with you in the coming month.

I literally just finished cataloging it all. It has taken me over 16 hrs just to catalog it, delete the useless, etc. It is organized into 4 folders, one for each resort; Snowbasin, Alta, Snowbird, and Solitude. In each of those reside my camera footage and a sub folder for @ChunderBlunder footage. I’ve a notebook with a page or more for each of our folders with footage ID, order of series, and brief description of footage. This will allow us to easily identify the two sets of footage (where two exist) in a series and then mix/edit accordingly. Normally raw GoPro footage requires optimization, stabilization, and conversion. Due to GoPro Studio being a legacy product with all of its limitations I’m about to purchase a new video software suite. I’m not sure yet how the new software will handle raw GoPro footage. I may have to put it all through optimization in GoPro Studio yet. I’m about to find out.

Ultimately, we want to sync the two sets of video and edit the perspective back and forth between the two cameras with audio, some soundtrack, etc. It’s high quality footage. We hope to deliver some high quality and enjoyable videos.

Sponsor

Staff online