• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Who would be interested? And more importantly, who would be willing to commit by sending me some money?

Sounds like a great idea and thanks for all the leg work.
Please post accepted payment method and I am more than happy to pay the required amount for two (Mamie & I.)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like a great idea and thanks for all the leg work.
Please post accepted payment method and I am more than happy to pay the required amount for two (Mamie & I.)
Sweet. Let me start a new thread. It's WELL worth it, and doing the legwork would suck, but I'll reiterate, WELL worth it. We'll have our own private room right in the main lodge there.

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hello all! By sheer coincidence I will be at Alta during most of the gathering. I am meeting my cousin and son that week. I am arriving on Tuesday March 6th and flying home a week later. I have a double booked at the Gold Miners Daughter and am looking for a roommate. for the week, or at least for part of the week to help with the rooming costs which are already high. But I am told the Gold Miners Daughter is an iconic place to stay and does include breakfast and dinner. Plus you are only steps from a lift.

Please pm me here (and I can give you phone number)

Thanks

Rick G

Tahoe Charlie has my extra bed at Goldminers Daughter. Looking forward to seeing everyone in March!

Rick

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
HI all. I've never skied UT, so this looks like a great opportunity. It looks like I'd be traveling solo & at the moment I'm inclined to go with a budget option (e.g., Crystal Inn & UTA ski bus). Any advice for gear storage for the day at Alta & Snowbird?

Not sure it's worth it to for me to make the Snowbasin days -- any opinions on Brighton or Solitude as an alternate?

Thanks! (And thanks to @dbostedo for pointing me here)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
HI all. I've never skied UT, so this looks like a great opportunity. It looks like I'd be traveling solo & at the moment I'm inclined to go with a budget option (e.g., Crystal Inn & UTA ski bus). Any advice for gear storage for the day at Alta & Snowbird?

Not sure it's worth it to for me to make the Snowbasin days -- any opinions on Brighton or Solitude as an alternate?

Hi @Dean! Glad to have you coming along. Did you add your name to the roll call thread yet? You can find it here :

https://www.pugski.com/threads/2018-utah-gathering-roll-call.4528/page-7

Last edited:

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier

Dean:
I'm thinking of Solitude as an alternate plan for one of the Snowbird/Alta days, just because I have never been to Solitude but have been to the others. if you're interested in that, let me know as it's always more fun having a partner for the day.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Dean:
I'm thinking of Solitude as an alternate plan for one of the Snowbird/Alta days, just because I have never been to Solitude but have been to the others. if you're interested in that, let me know as it's always more fun having a partner for the day.

My thought for Solitude/Brighton was before the Snowbird/Alta days - not sure if that'd work for you. Guess I'd put myself in the Intermediate / Expert level group based on the descriptions.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm probably just a notch up, but skiing a whole week I'm not going to be going "hammer down" all week LOL.

I haven't finalized my plans for lodging yet. I may stay at the Crystal Inn the whole time and drive up to Snowbasin, or I may get lodging in the Ogden area for Saturday/Sunday nights. I'll keep you posted, I may have room in the car if I decide I don't want to be bothered packing up after 2 nights.

In any case, I'm about 90% sure I'll be doing a day at Solitude, since I don't have one of the passes. This may be my last big trip for a while, so I want to get as much out of it as I can.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Quick poll: (I will probably start a new thread.)
I have gotten information on how to reserve a private room at Snowbasin that we can use to store our bags and such (not overnight) and also dine with just our group. This would eliminate the need to pay each day to check your stuff downstairs, or boot up at the car. It would cost $5-ishper day depending on how many participate.

Who would be interested? And more importantly, who would be willing to commit by sending me some money?

I'd be in on this Amy......

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dean:

My thought for Solitude/Brighton was before the Snowbird/Alta days - not sure if that'd work for you. Guess I'd put myself in the Intermediate / Expert level group based on the descriptions.

In any case, I'm about 90% sure I'll be doing a day at Solitude, since I don't have one of the passes. This may be my last big trip for a while, so I want to get as much out of it as I can.

My son and I were looking at doing Solitude on the 11th. if we have any legs left what so ever........

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@PisteOff
Re - the room at Snowbasin - that was settled and set up a few weeks ago.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@PisteOff
Re - the room at Snowbasin - that was settled and set up a few weeks ago.
Oh I see what I did there lol...... I knew about the Snowbasin set up. I read that as "Snowbird" and assumed we were trying to set up something similar there....... Watching TV and posting at the same time.....

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I might join a Solitude day on the 11th. I have the full week after the Gathering, and looking at options.
Possible MCP road trips to Jackson/Targhee/SV, Aspen/Telluride or Squalpine, or a flight to Calgary, or the skiing's free for me at Whitefish...

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I might join a Solitude day on the 11th. I have the full week after the Gathering, and looking at options.
Possible MCP road trips to Jackson/Targhee/SV, Aspen/Telluride or Squalpine, or a flight to Calgary, or the skiing's free for me at Whitefish...

That would be great!

We’ve discussed a stop at Aspen/Snowmass on the way home as well..... I’d be down for a day at Snowmass and hitting Cirque Headwall if it’s in decent shape. We did Jackson/Targhee over Christmas. Targhee was great, we got there on a morning after a foot of fresh and it was dumping the whole time. There were spots it was knee deep. Jackson started to really get snow right after we left. Telluride is one I want to do when I can spend no less than 5 days there.....

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I could hold off until the 11th to do Solitude. Like I said, always more fun with a few people rather than solo. My niece was at Brighton yesterday, conditions look pretty nice after 22" of new snow. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
FWIW, is anyone has an itch to do Powder Mountain, I would do that in a heartbeat but only if conditions improve. I love that place because I can ski just about all the terrain since it's all a bit mellower than the LCC areas.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I could hold off until the 11th to do Solitude. Like I said, always more fun with a few people rather than solo. My niece was at Brighton yesterday, conditions look pretty nice after 22" of new snow. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
FWIW, is anyone has an itch to do Powder Mountain, I would do that in a heartbeat but only if conditions improve. I love that place because I can ski just about all the terrain since it's all a bit mellower than the LCC areas.
It's always an option if everyone is interested..... Either would be great by me. My son and I are not Expert skiers.....YET

Sponsor

Staff online