• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Tour de France

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
@cantunamunch I meant more Kelly, as his accent, that really shouldn't be anywhere near any media with sound, is so damn annoying I really can't stand him listening.

I know - I was making funny since you alluded to highlands. It's even funnier if I explain that I know people who can't tell the difference between Kelly and Smith :roflmao::eek::rolleyes: Canadians :)

TS
graham418

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My favourite for this tour is out! Vincenzo Nibales crash was more than that. He has a fractured T10 vertebrae. He did well to finish the stage only 13 seconds down.
Here's to a fast recovery.
He was very gracious in not placing the blame on either the spectators crowding the course or the tour motorcycles. Either one could have been the cause of his crash

TS
graham418

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sagan gets another one, literally by a wheel. Nobody is close to him for the green jersey.
It will be interesting now to see what happens with TeamSky. With G up a minute and a half on Froome, how is that going to play? Will G defer to the team leader , or will he be allowed to win? I think back to 85 & 86 and the the epic dust-ups between LeMond and Hinault. G says Froomy is the team leader, and says he (G) could still lose 10 minutes between now and Paris.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Jeebus Moscon. Really? Again.

At some point Sky is going to let him go. He's gonna take a pay cut wherever he goes. He's an incredibly versatile rider, but acts like an asshole kid way too much.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Jeebus Moscon. Really? Again.

At some point Sky is going to let him go. He's gonna take a pay cut wherever he goes. He's an incredibly versatile rider, but acts like an asshole kid way too much.

And all the fans hating on Sky at the Tour is just a "French Cultural Thing":roflmao:. Brailsford and that entire organization are so blindly arrogant they think they can get away with anything (unfortunately, they are usually right). Apparently, Froome didn't want him at the tour but Brailsford insisted he be on the roster. I sure hope Sky pulls the plug on the team next year.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Kinda looks like Froome has abandoned Thomas....

yeah no question G is team leader now. Works ok for Sky as G is far more likeable PR wise and they get to dissociate a bit from toxic Brand Froome. Bernal looks like a killer for the future.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The end of stage 16 was pretty cool. But the announcers do a horrible job helping the general public understand how one stage fits into the overall standings. I guess the mountain classificaiton was the big deal for the day. Also, I missed the guy wiping out and they didn't show a replay. Not that I want to see the carnage but after watching for a while I was interested in what happened.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I sure hope Sky pulls the plug on the team next year.

Keep praying. Sky ain't gonna drop off when they currently hold two GTs at the end of the year. Along with numerous other WT wins, a shot at the WC, and a roster like Skys.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Sky may well have new owners next year that may not want to spend that kind of money. Results don't always equate to sponsorship renewals in cycling, especially when you get a lot of negative press out of it.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I liked GT's book, and still raise an eyebrow at the Froome Salbutamol issue, so I'm glad to see GT appear to lock it down today.

TS
graham418

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nairo Quintana had an excellent day yesterday, but as usual , too little , too late . He crashed this morning in the peleton needing mech and med assistance.. being paced back to the pack now. hopefully he will be able to finish

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
pg.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online