• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Going to two premiers this year -- Hoji is one.

The other is "Abandoned" -- a film about some of the abandoned ski areas of Colorado.

That looks like a sad one!

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
some of the local resorts around utah used to give away a day pass if you go to the warren miller films. those days are gone~ still love the movies just saying where's my Powder Mountain pass??!

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Found a nice movie by following "customers also watched" on Amazon Prime. It's shot in Colorado and goes in depth with a group of elderly skiers who still light up Copper Mountain.

Snow Day - Life, Death and Skiing

Thank you. Just watched this tonight. Cool movie!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
some of the local resorts around utah used to give away a day pass if you go to the warren miller films. those days are gone~ still love the movies just saying where's my Powder Mountain pass??!

Interestingly, if you go see the movie in Washington DC, you get a weekday pass to Sugarbush, of all places. I'm surprised it's not one of the nearby places...

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Going to..."Abandoned" -- a film about some of the abandoned ski areas of Colorado.

I really want to see this. Anyone know how?

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep, it's that time of year. I do love watching the latest. They remind me that it's time to pull out the Blizzard of Ahhhs DVD. Can't be beat.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I really want to see this. Anyone know how?

I saw that but I don't live near Denver or Amsterdam. I'm sure they didn't make this for only two markets and I hope it will be availabe to everyone else somehow.

This seems to be low budget, probably doesn't have funding for wide distribution. My guess is they are hoping to develop some buzz which would help get some backing.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
I wish that Sherpa Cinema was still in the game. Their videos were groundbreaking.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We went and saw TGR's Far Out last night...It was good, IMNO the best segment was with Kye, the 11 year old from Jackson Hole. There were some incredible avalanche avoidance segments that I have no idea how the skiers skied out...let alone survived. These seem to be the new adrenaline junkie fix verses the 100' plus drops of years past...not sure if good.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For those who'd like to see a ski movie at a Drive-In, TGR's Far Out will be playing at The Spud in Driggs on October 26. Bring some extra layers and maybe a propane heater.

Sponsor