• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2018 Nordica Enforcer 93 vs 2018 Head Kore 93

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 6.22.25 AM.png
This is a Cage Match that will be asked about all season -- well, as long as these two popular skis stay in stock. Considering the recent popularity of the Enforcer 93 and the excitement that the Kore 93 has created, it will be tough to find either of them after Christmas. For those who say, “I need to demo before I buy,” my simple reply is, "No you don’t." Both of these skis are indeed that good. All the accolades they have received are 100% accurate, not marketing hyperbole. Now the tough part: if you are lucky enough to find both on a ski wall, which do you choose?

The Enforcer 93 came in on the coattails of the wildly popular Enforcer 100 and immediately jumped to the head of the line in the low-90mm class. Why? Because it has the off-piste versatility of the 100 but greater quickness edge to edge; it is the 100 scaled down for a smaller or Eastern skier. It is a finesse ski that a charger can enjoy, or it is a charger that won't overwhelm a finesse skier.

The new Kore collection, and specifically the 93, fills a segment of skis that Head never commanded like it did the Monsters or SuperShapes. The Flight series never really took off, not because the skis weren’t good, but maybe because they seemed to be different just for the sake of being different. Enter the Kore 93: light, playful, powerful, and (worth repeating) light. There was a time when light skis could not be powerful, but Head figured out a way to relegate that time to the past.
  • Why choose the Enforcer 93? You want a bit more power and and the dampening of a ski built with metal. The Enforcer is a bit stronger out of the turn.
  • Why choose the Kore 93? Pop and playfulness. This is a ski that skis well above its class in refinement. The Kore technically does not have a topskin; it has "topless tech," which gives it a minimalistic appearance. Head didn’t add what the ski didn’t need. The Kore is also a great climber, so if you are skiing a tech setup inbounds, here ya go.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was in AZ for the holiday and went to ski pro , a large ski STORE , no race skis or race boots but a lot of good stuff and all I can say is if you’re fan of Head skis that 93 felt and looked fantastic !!

NESkiBum

Booting up
Skier
@Philpug If I am skiing a 180 Bonafide and is the perfect length for me which size Enforcer 93 should I consider? I am not looking for the quicker turn/longer turn analysis but more for the better length on how this ski performs based on me being 5'9" / 180 lbs and like to charge. I ski in New England and I am looking for something a bit more playful that the Bones but also be something that will make a good stable turn when I want to get on it. I am concerned that the 177 may be a bit short which was the reason I got rid of my Blizzard Magnum 8.5 in a 174 but think the 185 may be a bit bigger than I'd like and not as fun in the longer length.

There are also a few other skis that I am considering to fit in between my Bones and 800s so if you have some other suggestions that would be great.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug If I am skiing a 180 Bonafide and is the perfect length for me which size Enforcer 93 should I consider? I am not looking for the quicker turn/longer turn analysis but more for the better length on how this ski performs based on me being 5'9" / 180 lbs and like to charge. I ski in New England and I am looking for something a bit more playful that the Bones but also be something that will make a good stable turn when I want to get on it. I am concerned that the 177 may be a bit short which was the reason I got rid of my Blizzard Magnum 8.5 in a 174 but think the 185 may be a bit bigger than I'd like and not as fun in the longer length.

There are also a few other skis that I am considering to fit in between my Bones and 800s so if you have some other suggestions that would be great.
The 177 in the Enforcer felt short to me, I had to go to the 185...like you I do find the 180 Bonefide to be money.

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
I've skied on both the Kore 93 in 180, and Nordica Enforcer 93 in 185.

Nothing wrong with the Head Kore 93, but it's not as powerful or damp of a ride. For powder days, the light Kore is probably superior. For any other day, I'd take the Enforcer hands down. It's a tank, a crud buster, and rails like a mother. I own the Enforcer.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’m 6’2/175 and like above skied the 180 Kore 93 and the 185 Enforcer 93 back to back and agree that the Enforcer is a much better all around ski. The Kore 93 was damp feeling yet was bucked in crud due to it’s light weight and has less snap or pop out of turns compared to the previous Flight Series. Nice and easy to ski but kinda lifeless compared to the super playful Venturi 95.

The Enforcer 93 was damp, great in crud, easy to ski but still had the lots of energy. Was very impressed with the ski and think it’s earned it’s great reputation.

Thought “I need to stock pile Head Venturi 95 Skis” when I first tried the Kore 93 until I skied the Enforcer 93 and thought “I could happily live with these!”

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
When flexed the Enforcer is noticeably softer than the Kore, and of course the Kore is lighter.

Yesterday I skied the Enforcer 93 in a 177cm in the morning and the Kore 93 180cm in the afternoon and again today. I find the Kore 93 more of a turner and for me more comfortable at speed.

Today in 11cm/4" of heavy fresh snow the Kore was smooth and competent.:daffy:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah the 177 Enforcer is silly short even for people who are not large.

My 185cm skis shorter than a 180cm Brahma or bonafide.....

Steep N' Deep

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Ski mainly Western Canada (Revy, Star, Louise) and needed to round out quiver (Supershape R, Peacemaker, Super 7) with versatile all-mountain tool. I'm lighter weight so went with Kore 93 vs. Heavy-Metal Enforcer. Kore is slashy and yes, crazy light. Very predictable nice looking ride. 16.3 R makes decent carver too. Too bad Tyrolia AAAtack 13's aren't as light but work great. Mated them up with a pair of Atomic Ultra Hawx 130's. Was trying to build lightest hi-performance kit out there. Close. Only got passed once in the steeps on Sat by dude running Enforcer 100's. Hmmm...wondering if I should've picked up the just-released Kore 99's. Damn, another 7 just fell. Rage on!

Last edited:

Steep N' Deep

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Ski mainly Western Canada (Revy, Star, Louise) and needed to round out quiver (Supershape R, Peacemaker, Super 7) with versatile all-mountain tool. I'm lighter weight so went with Kore 93 vs. Heavy-Metal Enforcer. Kore is slashy and yes, crazy light. Very predictable nice looking ride. 16.3 R makes decent carver too. Too bad Tyrolia AAAtack 13's aren't as light but work great. Mated them up with a pair of Atomic Ultra Hawx 130's. Was trying to build lightest hi-performance kit out there. Close. Only got passed once in the steeps on Sat by dude running Enforcer 100's. Hmmm...wondering if I should've picked up the just-released Kore 99's. Damn, another 7 just fell. Rage on!

March 26 and still snowing every day. Great season. Fast, firm and grippy surface all weekend. Incredible piste skiing. Was able to really stand hard on the Kore 93's. Sweet carvers with a smooth and predictable turn shape. The Koroyd honeycomb stuff seems to work. Nice damp low chatter ride with added confidence. Didn't feel beat up even after a ton of laps. Is it my imagination but the polyester fleece top vs. typical top sheet seems to not shed snow very easily adding to swing weight. Minor detail I suppose.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
March 26 and still snowing every day. Great season. Fast, firm and grippy surface all weekend. Incredible piste skiing. Was able to really stand hard on the Kore 93's. Sweet carvers with a smooth and predictable turn shape. The Koroyd honeycomb stuff seems to work. Nice damp low chatter ride with added confidence. Didn't feel beat up even after a ton of laps. Is it my imagination but the polyester fleece top vs. typical top sheet seems to not shed snow very easily adding to swing weight. Minor detail I suppose.

I also noticed that the Kore 93 seemed to have snow stick to the top surface more than other skis. I have a pair on order and I plan on coating the ski top surface with Areospace Proctectant 303 (like Armor-All only a lot better and a lot more expensive) as this will make the top sheet very slippery.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Somehow I didn't know this comparison existed, It still doesn't help me decide between the two.. If anything it makes it even more difficult! Maybe the answer is to just get both.

But in all seriousness, I loved my Enforcer 100s for 3 years, I just wished that they were quicker edge to edge. It was glaringly obvious when I attended an edging skills clinic last year that I needed a slightly narrower ski to really practice some of those drills. So I looked at the Enforcer 93s as the obvious choice for achieving this, but then the Kore 93 appeared on my radar as practically the same thing but lighter and I've not been able to make the decision between the two ever since.

Sponsor

Staff online