• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Marker TCX 12 Demo Binding - Boot Compatibility

splitski

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi All - New to the forums and new to skiing (lifetime snowboarder).

I just picked up some used Blizzard skis that came with Marker TCX 12 demo bindings (circa 2018). I have scoured the webs but cannot find a definitive answer as to whether these bindings are compatible with grip walk soles or not. Here is a link to the skis/bindings in question

Would anyone here be kind enough to shed some light on the subject? Thanks in advance!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The bindings will have the Grip Walk logo behind the AFD toe pad if they are. These say they are from 2018 and you can see the Red/Black GW lettering on this pair. If yours are the same you are good! Bindings that are GW compatible will usually say so on the toe piece in a similar area.

F07A89B1-0470-4CED-A651-259E393F92D2.png

TS
S

splitski

Skier
Bummer, no such symbol on mine.
Thanks for the response.

TS
S

splitski

Skier
If you have GW soles on your boots, you can usually swap them out for traditional alpine soles on most boots. Much easier and cheaper than swapping bindings.
I'll look into that, thanks!

My boots are 2023 atomic hawx prime 120 s GW. I see there are soles available for pre 2018 hawx boots, hopefully there is something for the newer models as well.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'll look into that, thanks!

My boots are 2023 atomic hawx prime 120 s GW. I see there are soles available for pre 2018 hawx boots, hopefully there is something for the newer models as well.
Yes, they have ISO 5355 soles for your Hawks. If the boots are brand new, I would suggest going back to the shop you bought them at to swap them out.

TS
S

splitski

Skier
Thanks guys, I'll do that! Cheers.

Sponsor

Staff online