• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale 2018 Kastle MX Limited 176

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Only 200 pair produced last year. Wood on top from a tree near the Kastle factory. Carbon version of MX84. Skied about 7 days. I love them but I have too many skis and they're just sitting around. Someone should be skiing these. Priced less than half MSRP at $1.050.

Base condition 9.5+
Cosmetic condition 9.5+, photo suggests wood marked at top but it is undamaged, metal tip wear also less than appears in photo.
Podium base grind, edges set at 3/1.
Bindings: Kastle Attack 12 Adjustable centered (love these bindings, now my binding of choice)

Will split shipping cost.
Better yet come to UT or WY, pick them up and I'll knock off
the shipping cost.

If they don't sell then I can continue to only ski them a few days a year without guilt.

IMG_1073.JPG IMG_1074.JPG IMG_1076.JPG IMG_1078.JPG IMG_1079.JPG IMG_1080.JPG

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
It is KILLING me that these are too long for me.

And too short for me :( .... and I would have to hide them somewhere, wife cant see any more skis. :huh:

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And too short for me :( .... and I would have to hide them somewhere, wife cant see any more skis. :huh:
You're sure they're too short for you? What lengths of various skis are you on?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
You're sure they're too short for you? What lengths of various skis are you on?

I demoed the MX84's this year and I would have liked a bit more length. The 180cm MX89 was perfect though. The extra width added a bit more heft and dampening. The 184cm MX99 was too much though, felt more one dimensional for me (loong turns at Mach 10)

My daily is a Monster 88 in 184cm (2016-2017 model)

That said, I wouldnt mind a pair of MX84's in 176cm to beat up in moguls and skied off off-trail conditions. I liked them.

All depends on what one is looking for to add to the quiver. These are superb skis.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is really a different ski than the MX84. I challenge someone to find the top end or feel instability. Go ahead, buy them and see. ogsmile I think the MX89 in 180 isn't as stable as the LTD in 176, it was one of my candidates at the time. Length for this ski is more about turn radius than typically the case.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So from Craigs List I’m getting a full price offer on these and a pair of DPS 112-s, the guy wants to send a cashiers check ro my PO Box and pick them up later not having seen them and needing only my name.

What am I missing? Seems like a scam but what good will my first initial and last name do him?

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
So from Craigs List I’m getting a full price offer on these and a pair of DPS 112-s, the guy wants to send a cashiers check ro my PO Box and pick them up later not having seen them and needing only my name.

What am I missing? Seems like a scam but what good will my first initial and last name do him?
Isn't there a cashier's check shopping scam out there? People deposit check, spend money and then check takes 7 days to bounce? I'm not sure, don't remember really...............

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

https://www.wiyre.com/craigslist-cashiers-check-scam-how-to-spot-and-avoid/

Key phrase is...

About two weeks later you’ll get a message from the bank stating that the check you deposited was fraudulent, ....

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Cashier's checks can be forged. One would be wise to wait the usual time for one to clear.

Edit: Crossed posts. Thanks for the detailed link, Paul.

Last edited:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Let me guess..............He's working on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, and he is buying these for his daughter. He has no phone or contact information, just send him your paypal account and ship the skis..............

images-5.jpeg

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Let me guess..............He's working on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, and he is buying these for his daughter. He has no phone or contact information, just send him your paypal account and ship the skis..............

View attachment 63078
You're so cynical....the oil rig wasn't in the Gulf of Mexico, it was in Alaska and it was for a son not a daughter. Sheesh.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

You should give him your SS#, too!
Those are sweet skis.

Sponsor