• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
k2skis Logo.png

18 iKonic 80Ti.png
K2 iKonic 80Ti
Dimensions: 129-80-108
Radius: 17.5m@177cm
Sizes: 156, 163, 170, 177, 184
Size tested: 177
Design: All New
17 iKonic 84Ti TC.png
K2 iKonic 84Ti
Dimensions:133-84-112
Radius: 17.5m@177cm
Sizes: 163, 170, 177, 184

Drahtguy Kevin: The 80 and 84 have a similar feel, with the 80 being slightly quicker from edge to edge. The tips engage easily and don’t grab. The iKonics track throughout the turn well and don’t punish a visit to the backseat. Heavier skiers will reach the limits of these skis when pushing them, but intermediates and above will find a trusted friend in the iKonic line.
  • Who is it for? Advancing skiers looking for a do-all, frontside-oriented ski.
  • Who is it not for? 11/10th skiers.
  • Insider tip: Awesome skis to use for increasing skills.

FairToMiddlin: K2 continues to chip away at the gap between itself and companies with race-bred frontside skis. Its story for next year is the iKonic series. Both skis tested have the same length, same sidecut, and 4 mm separating them. I’m told there is a variance in construction, but it seemed too slight to tell much of a difference. They come across as competent, if not thrilling, all-mountain skis. While they lack the excitement and personality of the Head Titan, they are more balanced than the Dynastar Legend or the Salomon XDR, in that they more thoroughly complete the mission of an all-mountain ski, with fewer shortcomings. Both iKonics have decent turn initiation, power in the belly of the turn, and strong and predictable flex on and off piste.
  • Who is it for? Skier ISO playmate without split personalities, or unpleasant surprises.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who has heard of Völkl, Head, Atomic, Kästle, or Stöckli.
  • Insider tip: The iKonics ski true to length; when in doubt, go with your default length.

Philpug: My only fall of the Copper on-snow test was on 84Ti. Why? Because I underestimated its power. I didn’t respect it, and I got spanked. I know, it's a K2 iKonic, grandson of the Recon: how much power could it have? Well, this ski feels closer to K2's new Super Charger that wowed our testers last year than to the Recon. Trust me, these are not your four-day-a-season Uncle Carl’s K2s.

Both of these skis are by no means compromises: they are worthy competitors to any ski that comes from the other side of the pond. The ease is there that you would expect from a K2, but if you want everything out of the ski, you will need to step up your game.
  • Who is it for? Skiers who like to be the first to the bottom.
  • Who is it not for? Those who think K2 makes wimpy skis.
  • Insider tip: Be ready, they are real skis.

Ron: The 80 and 84 are very similar apart from overall dimensions. The 80 is a bit quicker, but I am not sure K2 really needs both. These skis performed very solidly. I thought they were easy to roll edge to edge with a nice smooth feel. On larger-radius turns, I found myself needing to really pressure the tips, but once I got there, the tips engaged predictably and could be loaded up for a solid, fun ride while the turn radius was deepened. I would like to demo them again and move up the binding position to see if the tips could be accessed better. The tails are solid, not overly stiff, and could be easily broken off. Overall, they are fun skis that I think a lot of skiers will like!
  • Who is it for? Advanced intermediates and up.
  • Who is it not for? Lightweights may not be able to bend the tips.
  • Insider tip: Put 'em on the list for demoing in the 80-85mm frontside-oriented ski class.

SBrown: These road huggers inspired me to speed. I felt very safe at high velocity on these and easily could see owning either pair as groomer skis. Admittedly I don’t spend a lot of time on said groomer skis, so I’m not sure where they fit in the overall scheme of such things, but I loved these.
  • Who is it for? Skiers who want to strut their stuff on the front side.
  • Who is it not for? Skidders.
  • Insider tip: Don’t worry that they say “K2.”
18 Pinnicle 88.png
K2 Pinnacle 88
Dimensions: 128-88-110
Radius: 15m@184
Sizes:170, 177, 184
Design: Carryover

Ron: I loved this ski last year, and it's still my pick for lighter-weight skiers who want an 88 but find "the others” to be too much ski. The Pinnacle 88 and Head Kore 93 are great choices, where the K2 might be better on groomers and the Kore, off piste. The K2 is just plain fun! It engages well, and it is fairly stable, quiet, smooth, and easy. The tail is accommodating and forgiving. It’s a very good ski that is just a little lighter and easier.
  • Who is it for? A must for lighter skiers to demo.
  • Who is it not for? Heavier or aggressive skiers will crush it.
  • Insider tip: Look for leftovers and gobble 'em up!

SBrown: I skied this immediately after the Armada Invictus 89, which I had loved last spring. Well, I might have loved this even more. Super playful, but confidently ripped the groomers, too.
  • Who is it for? Players.
  • Who is it not for? Dour Teutonic types.
  • Insider tip: Blue is my favorite color.
Philpug: (from last year) K2 brings the newer Pinnacle design down to the current hot segment: the soft-snow-biased, upper-80mm category. This category is highly contested, and there are some great options here. The Pinnacle is on the playful end of the spectrum and is great in the bumps and trees
  • Who is it for? Lighter finesse skiers.
  • Who is it not for? Hard chargers, there is a speed limit.
  • Insider tip: Like the other Pinnacles, it does ski short, but you don’t have to size up. Try both sizes.
17 Pinnacle 95 TC.png
K2 Pinnacle 95
Dimensions: 132-95-115
Radius: 17m@184cm
Sizes: 170, 177, 184, 191
Design: New Construction

Ron (tested 184): I skied the new Pinnacle on a long, blue, push-piled run, which was really a great testing ground for the mixture of conditions many owners of this ski will encounter. I had skied last season’s Pinnacle 95 and wasn’t overwhelmed, but K2 made some significant improvements in next year’s version and WOW, what a difference. The new 95 is much more stable yet still fun. It really rips through the piles on edge with confidence. Playing around on the bumped-up piles, the ski is very nimble and has a light feel to it. It is seriously fun. Despite the 17m turn radius, it is not hooky. The lowered tip and tail splay is much better.
  • Who is it for? A wide range of skiers looking for a fun but capable ski for all-mountain conditions.
  • Who is it not for? Big skiers may overpower it; buy it for softer snow.
  • Insider tip: If the previous clown shoe with huge rocker bothered you, try this one!

SBrown (tested 177): During the initial release of the Pinnacle 95, I was distracted by the bouncy tips. It was a fun ski, but. I don't know, there was just a lot of "nice ski, BUT..." This update fixed all that, and more. The playful nature remains, but the 95 is much more grounded and confidence inspiring.
  • Who is it for? Still a good candidate for a Western one-ski quiver, just a much better candidate now.
  • Who is it not for? Brand snobs.
  • Insider tip: Forget about the old Pinnacle 95.
17 Pinnacle 105 TC.png
K2 Pinnacle 105
Dimensions: 137-105-121
Radius: 19m@184cm
Sizes: 170, 177, 184, 191
Size tested: 184
Design: New Construction

Philpug: K2 swung the pendulum pretty far from what they were doing, and quite frankly, it was long overdue. Many times, a pendulum swings a bit too far and K2 realized that with the Pinnacles. So instead of ignoring it or making excuses, they fixed it by lowering the tip, extending the wheelbase, and tweaking the core construction -- changes that make sense and make the ski better. This is how the new regime at K2 rolls. I like the current 105, I think it is one of the better tree skis out there. The new Pinnacle 105 still has that playfulness that you expect but is more comfortable and controlled on firmer conditions when it needs to be.
  • Who is it for? Tree skiers.
  • Who is it not for? 11/10th skiers.
  • Insider tip: The new wheelbase makes a world of difference.
17 poacher TC.png
K2 Poacher
Dimensions: 124-96-118
Radius: 19m@177cm
Sizes: 163, 170, 177, 184, 191

dean_spirito: K2 has attempted to simplify its lineup by reducing the park/freeride range down to just two skis, the Poacher and the Marksman. At 96 mm underfoot and weighing in at roughly 2000g a ski, the Poacher seems too big and heavy to be an effective park ski. Surprisingly, however, they hold up rather well to testing. They are certainly fun to carve around on groomed terrain, and I have no doubt that they charge off piste. Rocker in the tip and tail allows for effortless turn initiation, while camber underfoot delivers power and solid edgehold in firmer spots. Their weight and solid construction also make them feel particularly stable at high speeds. These characteristics translate very well in the park, as the Poacher provides a perfect platform for landing even the largest of airs. This ski has recently caught the attention of countless park skiers, and rightfully so.
  • Who is it for? Anyone looking to add a 90-something twin tip to their quiver; the Poacher is a versatile ski that is comfortable anywhere on the mountain.
  • Who is it not for? Beginners and smaller skiers: the high-density wood core and triaxial fiberglass braid make them heavy and torsionally stiff.
  • Insider tip: K2 designed the Poacher with durability in mind. The combination of rivets in the tip and tail and with TwinTech sidewalls makes the topsheets more resistant to chipping and delamming.
18 Supercharger.png
K2 Super Charger
Dimensions: 127-76-107
Radius: 17m@175cm
Sizes: 168, 175, 181
Size tested: 175
Design: Carryover/NGT

FairtoMiddlin: For a ski company with no recent racing pedigree, this ski was a nice surprise. It has a real cheater GS shape, a stack-height-raising system binding, and real hard-snow performance. The stack height makes the ski feel narrower and quicker edge to edge; in fact, I initially thought it was 68 mm underfoot. Stir in a tip that responds to your inputs, and a construction that doesn't budge when the G-forces start to build, and you have excitement under your feet on the groomed. At this width, it reminds me of the Dynastar Course Pro from two years ago.

What do you want a ski in the mid-70s to do? Nth degree of hard snow performance? This should be on your short list, especially if you cherish the day when 70s were all mountain and 80s were pow skis. Some rivals of the Super Charger are the Head Rally, Blossom White Out, and definitely the Kästle MX78 (or perhaps this year's MX74, I didn't get to try it).

With all of its impressive hard snow performance, K2 could have put some retro graphics on here: it would have been a nice touch, and a reminder they've got Olympic and WC medals laying around, even if they have gathered a bit of dust over the years ….
  • Who is it for? Beer leaguers who don't want to show up on the same Atomic D2 cheater or Head Rebel that everyone else is on.
  • Who is it not for? One-ski quivers, unless you live and breathe hard, on-piste snow. It's a focused ski, and it frowned at me when I took it into Sail Away Glades hoping for some off-piste lovin'.
  • Insider tip: I got nothing. If you are considering a ski like this, you don't need any inane mutterings from me to help you decide.
Philpug: (from last year) These two shapes were some of the surprises of the show for me. I went into the K2 tent hoping for the best, and boy did K2 deliver. The Super Charger (with metal) and Charger (without) go back to K2’s heritage of making great frontside skis -- think of them as the modern-day 710 and 610. The Speed Charger (not tested) would be the 810, more GS in feel.
  • Who are they for? Carvaholics, but with more of a medium-radius turn.
  • Who are they not for? Eurosnobs. These are Corvettes: red white and blue, apple pie, baseball, and all that.
  • Insider tip: Show up on the Nastar course with these, you will lull the competition into complacency...then BAM..Platinum Medal.
18 Turbocharger TC.png
K2 Turbo Charger
Dimensions: 129-72-107
Radius: 13m@165cm
Sizes: 158, 165, 172
Size tested: 165

Drahtguy Kevin: This K2 offering is easier to ski than a race-oriented slalom ski. Turn initiation is a tad slower and the ski isn’t as quick across the fall line, but you still get that SL experience. The Turbo Charger is super solid on edge and provides energy at the end of each turn. This is a good entry into slalom skis and would make a nice technical ride.
  • Who is it for? Those wanting a slalom ski without jumping to a FIS-type ride.
  • Who is it not for? Tail-pushers afraid of skiing an edge.
  • Insider tip: Technical skiers will enjoy the Turbo Charger.

FairToMiddlin: K2 is getting seriouser, at long last. This season, it offered the Super Charger, a mid-70s hard-snow chisel with a 17m sidecut. For next year, it will add the Turbo Charger, 72mm underfoot and a 13m radius in the 165 length (the only length available to test, maybe the only length we will see?). It felt like a "gentle" 13m ski, a few ticks down in immediacy (in terms of turn initiation and enthusiasm to move the skier across the hill) from 66mm WC or rec SLs. Once the tip starts the party and the sidecut joins in, it is a powerful ski that will hold at high edge angles, while offering stability as you play with shaping the turn, mid-turn. Like the Super Charger (and the Dynastar SpeedZone, and the Atomic Redster S9), it is pretty focused, however, and you won’t get much more versatility out of it than you would a rec SL.
  • Who is it for? Tight-turning-carver folks who don’t want the frenetic response of a race ski.
  • Who is it not for? That guy or gal who skis all of the mountain, and has one ski to do it with.
  • Insider tip: This "gentle 13m" would be a good ski to experiment with vis à vis tunes; it felt like a ski you could safely ease into a more aggressive tune, versus a race ski that is already dialed to 11.

Philpug: “The Turbo Charger is for the skier who wants to make a days worth of turns in one run.” --Clem Smith, K2 rep Colorado.

That quote really says a lot about the newest offering in K2’s awesome Charger collection. These are stout skis that just want to stick to the snow and launch you across the hill. The 12.5m turn radius on these skis is accurate; they want to turn and turn and then turn some more.
  • Who is it for? As Clem said, some who want to turn..a lot.
  • Who is it not for? People who think only the best carving skis come from Europe.
  • Insider tip: Do NOT dismiss these new K2s…they are serious skis.

Women's
18 Alluvit TC.png
K2 AllLuvit 88
Dimensions: 128-88-110
Radius: 13.5m@170cm
Sizes: 156, 163, 170
Size tested: 170

AmyPJ: This ski felt like an 88mm powder ski. It was very smeary, very easy to ski, but definitely lacked the ability to lock onto and hold an edge. It was playful and preferred a centered stance and could easily be a true powder ski for a smaller skier. It felt effortless but wasn’t my favorite ski in the mixed conditions as it definitely favored soft snow. I was told that I looked like I was skiing very confidently, but I never did quite learn to get along well with it.
  • Who is it for? A smaller gal who wants an all-mountain ski that can kick it in powder.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who skis in a lot more than very soft snow.
Tricia: (from last year) Like its big sisters in the lineup, the AlLUVit is incredibly fun and easy to take anywhere on the mountain. What it lacks in deep powder performance, the AlLUVit makes up for in fun on groomers and moguls.
  • Who is it for? An advancing skier looking to explore off piste more.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who is not seeking adventure.
  • Insider tip: Go up a size.
18 Fulluvit TC.png
K2 FulLUVit
Dimensions: 132-95-115
Radius: 14m@170cm
Sizes: 156, 163, 170, 177

Tricia: (from last year) This is easily my favorite of the Luv skis, both as a daily driver and a one-ski quiver for an advanced woman skier. I’m not sure how K2 made a ski that is so easy to ski but still ready to be skied aggressively, but this is it. Sail Away Glades, moguls, broken crud, or groomers, every move on the FulLUVit was seamless.
  • Who is it for? Someone looking for a fun off-piste ski.
  • Who is it not for? Boring Betty.
  • Insider tip: Look for serious fun.
18 Luvboat TC.png
K2 Luv Boat
Dimensions: 137-105-121
Radius: 16m@170
Sizes: 163, 170, 177

Tricia: (from last year) K2 changed the design of this ski from 2016, introducing the construction and shape of the Pinnacle line. This was not a mistake. After skiing the first section of our run, I realized why Phil likes the Pinnacle so much. This ski is easy to turn, smooth in condition changes, and floaty in fresh.
  • Who is it for? Someone looking for a ski that makes skiing fun and easy.
  • Who is it not for? Someone looking for a super charger.
  • Inside tip: Don’t overthink it.
18 OohlaLuv 85Ti.png
K2 OooLaLuv 85Ti
Dimensions: 126-85-114
Radius: 14m@163
Sizes: 156, 163, 170
Size tested: 163

AmyPJ: The OooLaLuv was very, very stable and easy to turn on a dime, but it felt a bit stiff and planky. It does have metal in it, which might be why it felt that way. It just lacked the compliance of the Black Pearl or the Astral, yet it wasn’t any damper or smoother. It skied true to length and was maneuverable, but lacked some smoothness. I’ve had this ski on my radar for quite a while as a possible new daily driver, and I’m glad I got to test it out first. I’d be pretty content owning it, but it didn’t make me giggle like the Black Pearl 88 did.
  • Who is it for? Someone who wants a maneuverable, lightweight tree and mogul ski.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who doesn’t like purple.

Attachments

• 17 Marksman TC.png
    17 Marksman TC.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 15

Africa

Booting up
Skier
@Philpug you previously recommended to size up with the Pinnacle, with the changes do you still recommend this?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug you previously recommended to size up with the Pinnacle, with the changes do you still recommend this?
More aggressive skiers should, conservative skiers don't have to.

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
Did any of the testers get on the Speed Chargers and, if so, how do they compare to the Super Chargers? I can get a really good deal on either (a bit more on the Speed Chargers), so am wondering if the bit of extra cash is worth it. Also, for either, what do you think about sizing? I am about 5' 9" and 185 to 190 lbs, and advanced transitioning to expert. I like to ski fairly aggressively on steep terrain, but I also teach beginners and intermediates and so have to do slow speed demos, and also demonstrate how to control speed effectively. Which brings me to my last question: would either or both of these make good teaching skis? I ask these questions

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Did any of the testers get on the Speed Chargers and, if so, how do they compare to the Super Chargers? I can get a really good deal on either (a bit more on the Speed Chargers), so am wondering if the bit of extra cash is worth it. Also, for either, what do you think about sizing? I am about 5' 9" and 185 to 190 lbs, and advanced transitioning to expert. I like to ski fairly aggressively on steep terrain, but I also teach beginners and intermediates and so have to do slow speed demos, and also demonstrate how to control speed effectively. Which brings me to my last question: would either or both of these make good teaching skis? I ask these questions
We got on it last year...YES, get it, it is a great ski, same construction as the Super but a narrower waist at 72mm

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
We got on it last year...YES, get it, it is a great ski, same construction as the Super but a narrower waist at 72mm
Thanks for the advice. Every review I have read of the Super Chargers indicates that it is simply a fantastic ski, but I have never seen one in action and looking around online and talking to ski shops see that there are some real bargains to be had (50+ % off). Why is nobody buying this ski? And, you are saying that the Speed Charger is even better than the Super Charger? How does it compare to something like this years Supershape i.Speed or Magnum?

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks for the advice. Every review I have read of the Super Chargers indicates that it is simply a fantastic ski, but I have never seen one in action and looking around online and talking to ski shops see that there are some real bargains to be had (50+ % off). Why is nobody buying this ski? And, you are saying that the Speed Charger is even better than the Super Charger? How does it compare to something like this years Supershape i.Speed or Magnum?
And, one more question, Phil. What length would be best? I see that you tested the Super Chargers at 175, and that this is the benchmark length. Would the 168s be fine for me? I am short, but not light. Also, I would use the ski principally out east, teaching on a hill that has only 1000 feet of vertical and travelling to places like Sunday River, Stowe, Mont Sainte-Anne, Marble Mountain (there's a place I don't often read about on Pugski) and the like.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

And, one more question, Phil. What length would be best? I see that you tested the Super Chargers at 175, and that this is the benchmark length. Would the 168s be fine for me? I am short, but not light. Also, I would use the ski principally out east, teaching on a hill that has only 1000 feet of vertical and travelling to places like Sunday River, Stowe, Mont Sainte-Anne, Marble Mountain (there's a place I don't often read about on Pugski) and the like.

How big of a guy are you? Not sure if the 168 will be right or wrong for you.

Why is no one buying it? No one knows about it and there was very little promotion..especially here in the US, I think the collection was earmarked for Europe. First, I wouldn't say the SpeedCharger was better than the SuperCharger but more specialized than it at 72 underfoot verses the 76mm Super. How does it compare to the Heads? Definately on par..if not better in some aspects. These are the America Z06 Camaros that went up against the German BMW 3 series and beat it. Yes, the Head might have the edge in refinement, but the K2's are stronger with raw power. It is amazing that these were designed by a 31 year old and not some ex K2 Racer named Mahre.

I am not sure if these woudl be a great teaching ski, they do have a minimun speed limit to get going but as a ski for your days off and some nicely groomed trails...these could cost you your pass.

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
How big of a guy are you? Not sure if the 168 will be right or wrong for you.

Why is no one buying it? No one knows about it and there was very little promotion..especially here in the US, I think the collection was earmarked for Europe. First, I wouldn't say the SpeedCharger was better than the SuperCharger but more specialized than it at 72 underfoot verses the 76mm Super. How does it compare to the Heads? Definately on par..if not better in some aspects. These are the America Z06 Camaros that went up against the German BMW 3 series and beat it. Yes, the Head might have the edge in refinement, but the K2's are stronger with raw power. It is amazing that these were designed by a 31 year old and not some ex K2 Racer named Mahre.

I am not sure if these woudl be a great teaching ski, they do have a minimun speed limit to get going but as a ski for your days off and some nicely groomed trails...these could cost you your pass.

Again, thanks for the advice. So, they are stronger than the Heads but not quite as good at slow speeds, or less versatility with respect to turn shape? I am 5'8" and around 185 - 190.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Again, thanks for the advice. So, they are stronger than the Heads but not quite as good at slow speeds, or less versatility with respect to turn shape? I am 5'8" and around 185 - 190.
Both concerns are there for this ski. I think the ski would be better in a 175 for you, think of these as more if a GS ski in feel with a mid to upper teens turn radius.

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
Both concerns are there for this ski. I think the ski would be better in a 175 for you, think of these as more if a GS ski in feel with a mid to upper teens turn radius.
Great, thanks for the advice Phil!

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am about 5' 9" and 185 to 190 lbs, and advanced transitioning to expert. I like to ski fairly aggressively on steep terrain, but I also teach beginners and intermediates and so have to do slow speed demos, and also demonstrate how to control speed effectively. Which brings me to my last question: would either or both of these make good teaching skis? I ask these questions

Have you considered the iKonics? They may provide you with both the aggressive steep capability as well as the demonstration requirements on east coast terrain.

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
Have you considered the iKonics? They may provide you with both the aggressive steep capability as well as the demonstration requirements on east coast terrain.
I have thought about the iKonics, but can find very little information about them. At the moment, I am interested mostly in a piste-oriented carver with some turn-shape variability. I have a pair of last year's Monster 83s and 2 year-old Motive 95s that I have been using on steeper terrain out east (switching them out depending on snow depth and how I am feeling on a given day), and the Motives on trips out west. How do the iKonics compare to either of my current options?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have thought about the iKonics, but can find very little information about them. At the moment, I am interested mostly in a piste-oriented carver with some turn-shape variability. I have a pair of last year's Monster 83s and 2 year-old Motive 95s that I have been using on steeper terrain out east (switching them out depending on snow depth and how I am feeling on a given day), and the Motives on trips out west. How do the iKonics compare to either of my current options?
The current Konic is not going to do for him what the Chargers will. He is better off going the Head route especially if he is paroozing the discount racks.

Myles

Putting on skis
Skier
The current Konic is not going to do for him what the Chargers will. He is better off going the Head route especially if he is paroozing the discount racks.

As of this morning I have the option of purchasing any of the following skis: a brand new pair of the K2 Super Charger for 450 dollars Canadian (so, about 350 US), a new pair of the Speed Chargers for 600 Canadian (about 450 US), or a lightly used pair of 2017 Supershape i.Speeds that belong to an instructor I work with who blew out his knee after skiing them for 3 1/2 weeks for 550 Canadian (about 410 US). I have not seen any super deals online for the 2017 Supershapes, and the local shops have been sold out since the beginning of the season (they are really popular around here, especially the Rallys and the Titans). Advice?

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
So, I've skied the new K2 Ikonic 84 TI and the 2017 Ikonic 85 TI and Pinnacle 105. I am very much interested in the new and improved Pinnacle 105.

Would it be fair to say: "what the new Ikonic 84 TI is to the orlder Ikonic 85 TI (firmer, more powerful, stable and grippier), is the new Pinnacle 105 to the old one"?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, I've skied the new K2 Ikonic 84 TI and the 2017 Ikonic 85 TI and Pinnacle 105. I am very much interested in the new and improved Pinnacle 105.

Would it be fair to say: "what the new Ikonic 84 TI is to the orlder Ikonic 85 TI (firmer, more powerful, stable and grippier), is the new Pinnacle 105 to the old one"?
No, the difference in the new Pinnacle 105 is more of an evolution from the first one where the new iKonicss are more of a revolution, whole new animals much like the Pinnacles were to to the outgoing Annex's

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I rented the K2 FulLUVit when I skied Mammoth this summer.. it did perform well in the bumps, crud and spring conditions. It cruised nicely at speed. I was able to smear, carve and do my short and long turns and go fast. No tip flap, easy turning, stable. I was surprised at how easy this ski was for me to get on and ski without hesitation. It Felt a tad stiffer and not as "poppy" as my elysians/and black pearls, but I was pleased and had a blast, Yes, It is a nice ski for advanced lady skiers who frequent piles of snow. (and I returned them with no dings!)
20258335_10211515373631414_810712419055735514_n.jpg

Performed well in these conditions!
20292875_10211516049528311_4901659648004517792_n.jpg

Sponsor