• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Formula 1

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Well..the boys hit the track today...I'm secretly hoping Alonso actually makes out well with the Renault and McLaren.. Ironic that the TR and Honda had no issues...however, one freezing day doesn't a season make. Like the look of the McLaren..
mclarens-spanish-driver-fernando-alonso-drives-at-the-circuit-de-on-picture-id924355158

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I'm with you guys! Alonso is IMHO one of the most gifted natural (and seat of the pants!) drivers, not just an automaton who has learned to drive by data analysis....
And he just never gives up! I mean, to see him frustrated last year, you KNOW the Honda power unit had to be a lump. If the car is decent, he's doing everything on every lap to try to get points.

Mikey

Getting on the lift
Skier
Alonso/McLaren is what is kickstarting my interest this upcoming season. Actually, I hope every team (except Mercedes) can make a nice jump. Rooting for any team/driver that can unseat Mercedes.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The F1 tech is just amazing, but it does show no matter how good the tech it the driver (or skier) that makes the difference.

Long time McLaren fan, back from the Alan and Nicki days.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Isn't it basically a plastic windshield?? Not seeing how that will do anything?? :huh:
Same material as used in the fighters and race boats, seems to take the impact and protect very well. Down side seems to be getting used to the distortion (which is why F1 didn’t use it, though if it works extremely well in other applications why the resistance). True be told I think F1 missed the mark.

Mikey

Getting on the lift
Skier
Here is a bit of good news, imo: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...v-a-live-grand-prix-subscription-service.html

*Commercial Free* Monthly rate of 8 to 12 dollars depending on market. Yearly rate depending on markets. Initial interface looks good. Nice and simple with the ability to select different views. Gives you access to the support series as well. I'm going to be a subscriber just like I subscribe to the MotoGP content. Wonder who will be providing the commentary. Seems like I remember reading when it was first discussed, it would be the Sky Sports guys which isn't ideal.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Looking forward to a Hamilton/Alonso/Verstappen rivalry with Lewis coming out on top. I'd like to see all three teams leave Ferrari and that whiner Vetel in the dust.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
So VanDoorne goes 3rd fastest today, ahead of Verstappen in the Red Bull..blahblahblahtestingblahblahblah..that gives me hope that Alonso, the old master, will be stalking the front guys all season..

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's an F1 thread here?! Pugski just gets better and better. ogsmile

Looking forward to the start of the season. It pained me to see Alonso slide off the track yesterday. I know it's just filming days but that guy has gone through too much and doesn't need to suffer any more.

With apologies to SShore I'm a Vettel fan from back when he was with Red Bull. Yes, he whines but he's also a great driver. Him signing with Ferrari, my favorite team, has been awesome for me and I'm hoping he can challenge Lewis this year. I acknowledge Lewis is a hell of a driver but I've never been a fan of his. If Vettel can't beat him then I'm hoping Verstappen or Ricciardo does.

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
Formula 1 testing - day three delayed by snow

Just had to post this current headline
:)

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
And Kubica says, fsck it, I'm going out in the snow and rain to put laps in. Guy is determined..

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
And Kubica says, fsck it, I'm going out in the snow and rain to put laps in. Guy is determined..

He has a rally background. Hope the go with him over Sirotkin, but money talks a lot in F1 these days so....

Sponsor