• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
18 BONAFIDE-TC.png
Blizzard Bonafide
Dimensions: 135-98-119
Radius: 18m@180cm
Sizes: 166, 173, 180, 188
Size tested: 180
Design: All New

Drahtguy Kevin: A new tip and tighter radius make this perennial powerhouse better for more skiers. The carbon tip leads the ski confidently into the turn, and the same reliable grip is present. The new Bone isn’t as hard-charging and driving, which makes it less demanding than previous model. It still flows nicely from turn to turn with pop without as much punishment for missteps on the rider’s part. The asymmetric top sheet is a nice change.
  • Who is it for? All-mountain skiers who like some speed.
  • Who is it not for? The timid. Even though it's toned down, it still goes.
  • Insider tip: The new Bone is worth another look.

FairToMiddlin: The first-generation Bonafide, and Blizz’s Flipcore line, was created with the late Arne Backstrom’s input to be a strong off-piste bruiser. The second generation was more of the same, with a carbon tip that supplied the same power and even more bite at the beginning of the turn. For next year, the 3rd-gen Bone gets a healthy dose of accessibility, to the delight of many and the disappointment of some.

The turn radius gets tightened from 20 m down to 18. It was hard to tell, though, because the tip has been softened, and doesn’t pull into the new turn as aggressively as the old one. On snow, it didn’t feel as connected, just a bit less communication than the previous two generations. In return, it is a bit quicker to maneuver in general, and pivot in particular. This will be desired by a lot of folks, but some of the original demographic may end up haunting Craigslist and eBay for a minty 2nd gen in the years to come. For the most part, however, the Bone remains a competent 98mm off-piste weapon, a great choice for crud and pow -- especially if you are traveling and don’t have the luxury of a big quiver to choose from.
  • Who is it for? Folks that felt the Bonafide was just a bit too much for them. Rejoice, accessibility has reached this venerable legend.
  • Who is it not for? Chargers who detest any hint of a lightweight feel in their lift-served skiing.
  • Insider tip: With this incoming generation, the Bonafide is at a fork in the road; if you like the path it is currently on, start stocking up; next year brings a new direction.

Philpug: More than a thumbnail, read my Long-Term Review here.
  • Who is it for? Chargers: while it might not be as demanding as the outgoing model, it still wants to run.
  • Who is it not for? Lighter finesse skiers.
  • Insider tip: If you felt the old Bonafide was too much, give this one a whirl, you might be surprised.

18 BRAHMA_Ca.png
Blizzard Brahma Ca
Dimensions: 127-88-111
Radius: 17m@180cm

Philpug: Welcome back, Bushwacker. For those who remember, this nonmetal version of the Brahma actually predated the Brahma, but it was removed from the line a few years ago because the Brahma was outselling it and shops were not stocking both. It was a shame because dropping the Bushwacker left a big hole in the line, and skiers who weren’t big or strong enough for the Brahma had to go elsewhere. Not only is the Bushwacker back in spirit, it is back with an all new shape as the Brahma Ca.
  • Who is it for? Good skiers on the finesse side of the scale.
  • Who is it not for? Ego-driven skiers who must have metal.
  • Insider tip: Even without metal, this is no compromise. In fact, more skiers should consider this over the regular one.

UGASkiDawg: I’ve had a love/hate relationship with the Blizzard Flipcore skis since the original generation. I couldn’t stand the Bonafide: no matter what, I couldn’t make it behave in a civilized fashion. I couldn’t understand why people liked it. I demoed the regular Brahma for a couple runs last year and thought it was much better than the Bonafide but still couldn't understand why anyone would choose it over, say, the Head Monster 88, which I felt was better in every condition (especially when sized down for my finesse style). The new Brahma Ca is better for me, but I still find something off-putting about the way it skis. I could buy it and learn to like it, as I have with many skis over the years, but I still don’t get this series.
  • Who is it for? Skiers looking for a playful main course with a side of serious off-piste-oriented all-mountain ski, especially if you’ve liked previous Flipcore skis.
  • Who is it not for? Me.
  • Insider tip: You won’t have to worry about me wanting your skis.
BRAHMA_8A709600001.jpg
Blizzard Brahma

Drahtguy Kevin: The Brahma boasts new construction with a reduced turn radius for this year. It is an easy-skiing, narrower all-mountain ski that excels off piste without sacrificing on-piste performance. The new tip makes this ski more user-friendly in all conditions, and the tighter radius boosts the fun factor. Intermediates to experts will find joy in their time on the Brahma.
  • Who is it for? Basically anyone wanting a reliable and predictable whip.
  • Who is it not for? Hosers.
  • Insider tip: An easy-skiing ski is even easier.
Philpug: Now for the metal version: yes, the regular Brahma has metal, which makes it a bit stronger and damper in some conditions and gives it a higher speed limit. I really like the new generation of these skis (including the new Bonafide). If your older Brahma is getting tired, here you go.
  • Who is it for? Stronger skiers who are fine with a smaller sweet spot.
  • Who is it not for? Lighter skiers.
  • Insider tip: Yes, it is a better Brahma.

Ron: If you were like me and wondered what exactly was the Brahma, well, Blizzard has solved the riddle. The new metal version has a purpose! Stronger and damper, the Brahma is a blast on the groomed; it is still easy to ski, though, and has a good feel on the snow. The entire ski engages and releases as needed. As a midfat, this ski can be drifted as well. I was skiing behind @DoryBreaux when he demoed the Brahma, and after launching off a roller he had perma-grin.
  • Who is it for? Advanced skiers are going to enjoy this ski for sure; those who have put too many days on their old pairs.
  • Who is it not for? Lighter skiers will find it a bit much.
  • Insider tip: The 180 is plenty of ski even with the tip and tail rocker.
18 Cochise.png
Blizzard Cochise
Dimensions: 136-108-122
Radius: 27m@185cm
Sizes: 171, 178, 185, 192
Size tested: 185
Design: Carryover/NGT

Philpug: The Cochise was the first of the Flipcore skis to evolve two seasons back with a new shape and the addition of camber and some taper at the extremities. All of these evolutions made the Cochise a much more versatile ski than the original. Graphically the ski looks much better ... but if you can see the graphics, you are not skiing it in the right conditions: the Cochise still likes to be in the snow rather than on it.
  • Who is it for? Bigger skiers who like to charge.
  • Who is it not for? Finesse skiers might size down.
  • Insider tip: Blizzard didn’t fix what wasn't broken.
18 Rustler 10-TC.png
Blizzard Rustler 10
Dimensions: 133-102-112.5
Radius: 17.5m@180cm
Sizes: 164, 172, 180, 188
18 Rustler 11-TC.png
Blizzard Rustler 11
Dimensions: 139-112-129
Radius: 17.5m@172cm
Sizes: 172, 180, 188

Philpug: Goodbye Peacemaker & Gunsmoke -- sorry, but you will not be missed, the new Rustler 10 and 11 will see to that. I could see the pride in Blizzard’s product manager when he talks about the effort and time put into this new collection of skis; when we talked about the older Peacemaker, he had trouble making eye contact and was willing to talk about any other ski. He now takes as much pride in talking about the Rustler 10 and 11 as he does the freeride skis like the Bonafide and Brahma. The difference in this new collection is that the whole ski works and works well in every condition and terrain that you would expect it to. Keeping with the cowboy theme: not to beat a dead horse, but Jed, a Rustler 9 for 18-19 would be a great addition.
  • Who is it for? Skiers who want to let their inner kid out and rip.
  • Who is it not for? Ice mavens; perhaps bigger skiers could overpower it, but don’t quote me on that.
  • Insider tip: Get to the shop early, these will be sold out by Christmas.

SBrown: Wow. I was so comfortable on this right from the get-go, it reminded a little bit of my first demos of the Flipcores five or six years ago. Blizzard has metal in this ski, but it tapers and disappears as it approaches the tip (and tail?). I only took it in bumps and groomers, because we had no new snow, but it was highly capable in both. I was really surprised at how well it railroad tracked. (I don’t need a new ski. I don’t need a new ski. I don’t need …. )
  • Who is it for? You like a wider ski but still have to deal with moguls.
  • Who is it not for? Although it was a hoot on groomers, it’s not really a groomer-only stick.
  • Insider tip: Brother of Sheeva, which has just a bit less metal.
BLIZZARD QUATTRO 7.2 Ti_8A6049E1001.jpg
BLIZZARD QUATTRO RS_8A6045F5001.jpg
Blizzard Quattro 7.2 and RS
Dimensions: 120-72-104
Radius: 16m@174cm
Sizes: 153, 160, 167, 174, 181
Sizes tested: 174, 181
Design: Carryover

Philpug: (from last year) Like many brands, Blizzard is focusing on the snow we actually ski versus the snow magazines make us dream about. Blizzard has a long history of great frontside skis going back to the Supersonics. They bring up to date an interpretation of the IQ and binding system. The 7.2 and RS share construction and bindings, but the RS has a more advanced Suspension, a difference that can be felt.
  • Who are they for? Speedmongers. These are medium- to long-radius skis that can be worked into many turn shapes.
  • Who are they not for? Technically weak skiers. Such serious skis have little sense of humor.
  • Insider tip: Don’t be afraid of downsizing; the powerful skis can be skied shorter if you want a tighter turn.
BLIZZARD QUATTRO 8.4 Ti_8A6057E1001.jpg
Blizzard Quattro 8.4Ti
Dimensions: 129-84-113
Radius: 17.5m@181cm
Sizes: 167, 174, 181
Size tested: 181
Design: Carryover

Blizzard has been spending a lot of money rebooting frontside skis, early and often. The number of new models since the 2012 Magnum 8.0 and 8.5 has made it hard to keep score. Two short years ago, I tested the excellent 800S and the X-Power 810; both were energetic carvers with power and good snow feel. Now Blizzard has the new Quattro series (with an old name), and it feels like a step back; the sound of my voice in the voice memo I made for it had that slightly disappointed “faint praise” tone.

What all that means is that the Quattro is great at laying cheater-GS-type trenches on the groomed trails. Period. It doesn't inspire you to venture off piste like an FX85 (although it is superior to the FX on piste), it doesn't say, “Hey, let's ski the bumps under the lift!” to you. Blizzard’s frontsiders of two or three (four? time flies) years ago seemed more encouraging.

The question that comes to mind is, “Why make a ski 84mm underfoot with that kind of personality?” The 71mm Blossom Great Shape feels right at home with a bit of dour frown stirred into its style; it is meant for the same kind of serious business. If the goal was to create a line of skis that shares nothing with the playful (but surprisingly capable) narrow off-piste 77mm Latigo, they have succeeded in no uncertain terms. But whereas Kästle has two distinct lines, FX and MX, that each have a specific focus, neither is a one-trick pony. The Quattro is.
  • Who is it for? Folks who want to be on groomer and on edge each and every run of the day. They're out there, and this is their ski.
  • Who is it not for? Skiers who require more versatility; maybe you don't have a huge quiver, and your ski needs to do it all, even if that means some compromise on hard snow. Have a look at the Volkl RTM 86 UVO instead.
  • Insider tip: The Ca didn't have metal, and it felt slightly less planted/connected compared to the amazing (and amazingly expensive) non-metal Renoun Z-90. I only made a few turns on it, but the Quattro Ti had more of that connected-to-the-snow feel, at a slight cost in heavier, less flickable nature.

Women's

18 Black Pearl 78-TC.png
Blizzard Black Pearl 78
Dimensions: 115-78-100
Radius: 16m@163cm
Sizes: 151, 156, 163, 170
Size tested: 163

AmyPJ: So, unlike the big sister Black Pearl 88 that blew me away, the 78 did not. Maybe I’d prefer it longer, I’m not sure, but it felt squirrelly and did not give me confidence. I didn’t make many other notes, as I just wanted to get back down to the bottom to get on something else. Tricia hopped on this pair after me just to make sure it was not a tune issue, and it wasn’t.
  • Who is it for? Someone who wants a sub-80mm ski for trees and moguls.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who craves stability.

Tricia: The narrower sister to the Black Pearl 88 is the Black Pearl 78. This is a ski that is not to be trifled with. While it is the skinnier, sassier sister, it's got plenty of punch to carve the groomers and enough pop to play in the moguls and toy with the trees. This is really one of the most playful skinny skis I’ve been on.
  • Who is it for? Someone looking for a playful carving ski.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who likes a wider platform.
  • Insider tip: Don’t be afraid to go up a size.
18 Black Pearl 88-TC.png
Blizzard Black Pearl 88
Dimensions: 126-88-110
Radius: 14m@166cm
Sizes: 152, 159, 166, 173
Size tested: 166

AmyPJ: Winner, winner, chicken dinner! The Black Pearl 88 became the benchmark ski that I ended up taking out three times to feel it out in all conditions. On the first day, I knew would be the last run of the day, as I was tired and really didn’t want to get out for another run anyway. I decided to take out a ski I had loved a few years ago when I was just moving up as an intermediate skier but felt I had “outgrown” the length. This ski has been completely redesigned for 2018, and what an improvement! Compliant and playful, it didn’t care if I got in the backseat, didn’t care what was under it; it just did what I told it to, and did it well. It easily transitioned through a huge variety of turn shapes without missing a beat. It felt much smoother and damper than the old version, and the tip shape lends to much easier turn initiation that, once locked in, holds even on hard pack and marbles. Extremely confidence-inspiring! I am getting a pair ASAP! Giggle, giggle, giggle! I loved them!
  • Who is it for? ME ME ME ME ME! Someone who wants a playful, easy-to-turn, compliant ski that has the chops to carry an advanced/expert skier and will get an intermediate to that level.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who doesn’t like to ski.

Tricia: Blizzard has put grins on the faces of thousands of women with the Black Pearl since 2011 without making changes until it added carbon in 2017. This year they changed the shape slightly to give the Black Pearl 88 a slight edge and quicker turn shape. The good news is, they made a great ski better. The better news is, the people who like the original Black Pearl will find some of the familiarity but with more fun. Where I liked it better was in the moguls and trees, where the quicker turn shape gave me an extra little kick in the pants.
  • Who is it for? Advanced or intermediate skiers looking for a ski that will take on the whole mountain.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who is looking for the lodge.
  • Insider tip: Trust this ski.
18 BLACK_PEARL_98.png
Blizzard Black Pearl 98
Dimensions: 135-98-119
Radius: 15m@166cm
Sizes: 152, 159, 166, 173
Size tested: 166

Tricia: While Blizzard was working on the changes in the original Black Pearl, it followed through the entire Freeride lineup and renamed the skis by their width. The Black Pearl 98 takes the place of the Samba; a new shape and a bit of carbon add a little pop and a quicker turn shape makes a fun ski even better. I’ve had a few days on the Black Pearl 98 in a mix of groomers and soft fresh snow. Taking on the glades and moguls with this new friend put a smile on my face that didn’t go away. This ski promises to be my “do everything” ski.
  • Who is it for? An advanced skier looking for a wider daily driver.
  • Who is it not for? Groomer girls.
  • Insider tip: Prepare to smile.
18 Sheeva 10-TC.png
Blizzard Sheeva 10
Dimensions: 131.5-102-121.5
Radius: 16m@172cm
Sizes: 156, 164, 172
18 Sheeva 11 TC.png
Blizzard Sheeva 11
Dimensions: 139-112-129
Radius: 17.5m@172cm
164, 172, 180
Size tested: 172

AmyPJ (tested 164): The Sheeva 10 was a hoot! Super turny, maneuverable, and easy to get on edge. I could vary turn shapes to my heart’s content and these skis complied. Surfy, smeary, fun! I’d love to own a pair of these as my powder ski. They were light yet stable and did whatever I wanted them to. I giggled a few times in spite of the snow pelting my face, crashing into a hole created by what might have been a snowboarder’s butt, and not being able to see 5 feet in front of me. I also watched @Tricia lay down some railroad track turns on them. These skis can RIP!
  • Who is it for? Someone who wants a playful, maneuverable powder ski that can rip.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who never skis powder.

Tricia (tested 172): The only thing that this Sheeva shares with the old Sheeva is the name. All new construction, all new shape, all new fun. My first turns on this ski were in a mix of powder and heavy snow at Snowbasin, with a bit of sticky snow at the base. After a few turns, I knew this was a whole new ski! Wow! This Sheeva cut through the heavy snow, made quick turns when needed, and allowed me to lay it over when getting into the sticky snow near the bottom of the mountain. At one point I stopped to ask @AmyPJ if I was laying it over as much as I felt like I was because I couldn’t believe it could do what I was doing. Later I got on the Sheeva 11, which is a bit wide for my taste, but I got the sense that it will do the same thing for a bigger or more aggressive skier with a wider profile.
  • Who is it for? Someone who’s looking for a powder ski that can be a one-ski quiver on a vacation.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who’s afraid to have fun.
  • Insider tip: If you’re between sizes, don’t be afraid to go up.
ALIGHT_8_0_Ti_8A7072CB001.jpg
Blizzard Alight 8.0 Ti
Dimensions: 124-80-107
Radius: 13.5m@162 cm
Sizes: 144, 150, 146, 162, 168
Size tested: 162
Design: Carryover/NGT

Tricia: (from last year) Blizzard has amped up its women’s frontside line with the new Quattro series. The 8.0Ti is just a fun ski, with an extra level of stability. The secret? Blizzard increased power by adding Ti while keeping some of the warmth I’ve grown to enjoy in its wood core, successfully incorporating the four elements of its women's specific Alight line: stability, precision, agility, and control.
  • Who is it for? Someone looking for a frontside sweetheart.
  • Who is it not for? Anyone seeking tree skiing.
  • Insider tip: If you’re looking for something a little more relaxed, look at the Ca version.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Blizzard Brahma Ca

Philpug: Welcome back, Bushwacker. For those who remember, this nonmetal version of the Brahma actually predated the Brahma, but it was removed from the line a few years ago because the Brahma was outselling it and shops were not stocking both. It was a shame because dropping the Bushwacker left a big hole in the line, and skiers who weren’t big or strong enough for the Brahma had to go elsewhere. Not only is the Bushwacker back in spirit, it is back with an all new shape as the Brahma Ca.
  • Who is it for? Good skiers on the finesse side of the scale.
  • Who is it not for? Ego-driven skiers who must have metal.
  • Insider tip: Even without metal, this is no compromise. In fact, more skiers should consider this over the regular one.

What are they using to replace the metal, Carbon fiber of some type? Is there a weight limit on the CA? Would it be a good woman's ski?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What are they using to replace the metal, Carbon fiber of some type? Is there a weight limit on the CA? Would it be a good woman's ski?
It would be a good woman's ski..if it was called the Black Pearl 88...Hmmm...Wait, there is Black Pearl 88...your request is granted.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have a few ladies getting out on the Black Pearl 98 here at Whistler. Excited to hear what they think.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@AmyPJ skiing the Sheeva 10's
fullsizeoutput_44ad.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Shall we start spelling your name with an i instead of Y? ;)

Yes, Tony S got out on the Black Pearl 98 as well. I think he could have actually used a longer length, as well as @Pumba

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually I got on this ski twice, for a few runs each time - first time by design, second time when bsl buddy @Pumba wanted to try my skis. Thumbnail review.

Me: 171cm, 61kg. Beer leaguer, east coaster, more on the finesse side.

Ski: 2017-18 Black Pearl 98, 166cm.

Conditions: Soft snow, easy-moderate bumps, easy trees, steep shin-deep dense pow in the bowls.

Easy-going ski that does everything well. It's more of a slicer than a surfer, with low rise and modest tip taper.

On groomers it felt very solid on edge, with lots of snow feel, like many Blizzards. Stability at speed was okay, not great - see comment below about length. In bumps it was predictable and quick, if a bit wide for perfect comfort. Definitely not hooky. Ski was at its best a couple days later in some creamy shallower snow, where a playful side emerged. Didn't wow me personally, but I can definitely see how a lot of folks might like it's lightness and versatility...

Although 166 is a good length for me in many skis, I was really wishing for more length on this one, especially in the deep stuff. Interesting to read that this is the new Samba. I tried the original Samba a few years ago @173cm and remember thinking it had a lot of gumption as a crud tool. I'm sure I'd feel more of that legacy in the new ski at the longer size. Since you shouldn't be looking for a ski this wide unless you're expecting some serious snow from time to time anyway, I'd say "go big or go home" on this one. If you want a ski for everyday bumps and soft pack, stick with the original Black Pearl 88.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My long-term ski buddy demoed a bunch of Blizzards for the shop she works for and found them ho-hum. Except the Shiva. I don't know which one she was on, but she really liked it, making hard, hard Kachina laps at Taos. She was unimpressed with any of the Black Pearls she tried. She is an accomplished, finesse skier who likes slow to moderate speeds, but also who likes tight trees and steep terrain.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hence why we tell people to demo :D The new Black Pearl 88 is my new daily driver, and I just LOVE it. And I've skied on a TON of skis this winter.
I AM very disappointed that Blizzard chose to once again not show up for Snowbasin's rather large demo day this past weekend to support the local Adaptive Sports program. I was hoping to get out on the BP 98 and the Sheeva again, which I loved on ski testing day here in February.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow is returning to the Wasatch tonight, and it turns out some Sheeva 10s have magically appeared that I'm hoping to get out on tomorrow for a few runs :D It's supposed to snow during the day tomorrow. I'll report back if I do get to ski them. One run during testing was not enough of this fun ski!

And the Black Pearl 88s still make me giggle, a lot. They are just SO.EASY. The new sidecut and turn radius makes them a whole new level of F-U-N!

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Blizzard Rustler 10
Dimensions: 133-102-112.5
Radius: 17.5m@180cm
Sizes: 164, 172, 180, 188

Philpug: Goodbye Peacemaker -- sorry, but you will not be missed, the new Rustler 10 will see to that. I could see the pride in Blizzard’s product manager when he talks about the effort and time put into this new collection of skis; when we talked about the older Peacemaker, he had trouble making eye contact and was willing to talk about any other ski. He now takes as much pride in talking about the Rustler 10 and 11 as he does the freeride skis like the Bonafide and Brahma. The difference in this new collection is that the whole ski works and works well in every condition and terrain that you would expect it to. Keeping with the cowboy theme: not to beat a dead horse, but Jed, a Rustler 9 for 18-19 would be a great addition.

Curious to know where this ski excels compared to the Bonafide. Does a 98 and a 102 ski that differently?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Curious to know where this ski excels compared to the Bonafide. Does a 98 and a 102 ski that differently?
From the perspective of a Black Pearl 98 (W- Bonafide) and Sheeva 10 (Rustler 10) -
The Sheeva 10 actually does most everything the Black Pearl does, but has a little bit more of an attitude like its taunting you to see what she can't do. I was surprised how well the Sheeva 10 carved, yet it was playful and fun in the bumps and shopped snow. I'm eager to get more time on it at Arapahoe Basin this next week and do some more side by side comparisons.
The Black Pearl 98 is a little easier to get on edge, but carving isn't what you really get a ski in this category to do.
I don't see the Bonafide going away any time soon, but I think the Sheeva 10 will eliminate a reason to have the BP 98.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
From the perspective of a Black Pearl 98 (W- Bonafide) and Sheeva 10 (Rustler 10) -
The Sheeva 10 actually does most everything the Black Pearl does, but has a little bit more of an attitude like its taunting you to see what she can't do. I was surprised how well the Sheeva 10 carved, yet it was playful and fun in the bumps and shopped snow. I'm eager to get more time on it at Arapahoe Basin this next week and do some more side by side comparisons.
The Black Pearl 98 is a little easier to get on edge, but carving isn't what you really get a ski in this category to do.
I don't see the Bonafide going away any time soon, but I think the Sheeva 10 will eliminate a reason to have the BP 98

Thanks Tricia. While skiing the vast expanses of Snowmass, on certain very wide runs they will groom about two-thirds of it and leave the other third usually on the left untouched. The groomed part is great for high-speed big GS turns, but I also like to also venture into the chopped up stuff on the side. That requires a ski that can handle speed and be playful. I'm thinking that the Rustler 10 might be that ski.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Scotty I. , Expect a sibling Cage Match Comparison between the Bonafide and Rustler 10 this fall. If you are really intersted in these two, we will have them both at our A-Basin Spring Demo this coming week.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I found the Rustler 10 much lighter (both in weight and to ski) than the Bonafide. The Bonafide felt like an oil tanker to me - I second UGASkiDawg's sentiments in that respect. The Rustler, I felt, was a bit too light and unstable for my taste, especially in skied-out powder and more packed snow. Two very different animals in my little book of ski biology... More on them here: https://forum.pugski.com/threads/thumbnail-reviews-on-allmountain-and-freeride-skis-2018.4561/

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Check PM's to avoid thread drifts.

Sponsor

Staff online