• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just curious if there's something you dont like about the vantage 90. I have this ski and with a 1-3 tune it does quite well on hard pack. That said I also have a dedicated pair of 76 underfoot head rallys for those icy/hardpack days.

Quite a width difference between the X7 to the vantage 90. Are you looking for a replacement to the 90ctis or a narrower ski to compliment it on those boilerplate days.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I’m 5,10 and 185lbs (give or take).

I was looking at either the Atomic Vantage X 83 CTi @ either 175 or 182cm or the Redster X7 175cm.

Skiing out east and most of the time (90%) on the groomers. I like to rip the mountain carving big turns as well as short turns.

What would you suggest? I appreciate your input!

Thanks

Toss the red bits above into the hopper, turn the crank, and get a green ski out: X9.

Seriously, the X9 will have a broader speed envelope and a bigger sweet spot for someone your size than any of the Vantage series.

Now if you had said "bumps, some slow-speed skiing like with the kids, some soft snow groomers, and maybe I'd like a lighter ski" then sure, Vantage is on the menu. But then you run smack into the changes in those from last season -> which is for another thread.

Last edited:

Kri51979

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Just curious if there's something you dont like about the vantage 90. I have this ski and with a 1-3 tune it does quite well on hard pack. That said I also have a dedicated pair of 76 underfoot head rallys for those icy/hardpack days.

Quite a width difference between the X7 to the vantage 90. Are you looking for a replacement to the 90ctis or a narrower ski to compliment it on those boilerplate days.

I agree, the vantage 90s are a great ski and will definitely keep them in the line up. I’m just looking for another pair to maybe get some more speed out of. Thought those other two would be a step up for those corduroy days.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I agree, the vantage 90s are a great ski and will definitely keep them in the line up. I’m just looking for another pair to maybe get some more speed out of. Thought those other two would be a step up for those corduroy days.

Gotcha. I think you are right. The 90CTI for those fun cruiser mixed condition days and something narrower and meatier that you can rip on. Someone suggested the G9 as well. Perhaps put the X9 on your list too. So many good choices.

Kri51979

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Toss the red bits above into the hopper, turn the crank, and get a green ski out: X9.

Seriously, the X9 will have a broader speed envelope and a bigger sweet spot for someone your size than any of the Vantage series.

Now if you had said "bumps, some slow-speed skiing like with the kids, some soft snow groomers, and maybe I'd like a lighter ski" then sure, Vantage is on the menu. But then you run smack into the changes in those from last season -> which is for another thread.
Thanks! You think I should cross the Redster X7 off my list?