• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Sorry, I have to work. I'll be at Copper Saturday morning though.

I will most likely go on Saturday as well. The forecast is looking good, judging by this past weekend I think a 5:30am departure is in order.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I will most likely go on Saturday as well. The forecast is looking good, judging by this past weekend I think a 5:30am departure is in order.

Sigh. I remember the days when I could leave at 6:30 and have clear roads.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

Left at 6:15 on Sunday and it only added about 10 mins. to the normal trip time. But I have to say that traffic is way worse now than when I stopped skiing almost 4 years ago. It's really got me thinking about having a place up there.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Left at 6:15 on Sunday and it only added about 10 mins. to the normal trip time. But I have to say that traffic is way worse now than when I stopped skiing almost 4 years ago. It's really got me thinking about having a place up there.

It is crazy. But, getting up early still saves you from traffic, specially the Floyd Hill mess down to the US-6 on-ramp. Those measly 30min (from 5:45am to 6:15am) make a huge difference.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Holidays are over. So lets start up Tuesdays In The Snow 2019ed next Tue.

I now have a Copper Pass as well as the Epic. :D:D:D

So Im leaning towards Copper. :wave:
Moved the 2019 T.I.T.S thread to the season 2018-19 T.I.T.S thread.

TS
SkiNurse

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

If I left my house at 6:30 I wouldn't hit Morrison until 7. Way too late.

It is crazy. But, getting up early still saves you from traffic, specially the Floyd Hill mess down to the US-6 on-ramp. Those measly 30min (from 5:45am to 6:15am) make a huge difference.

That's why this is the T.I.T.S. thread. It's the #1 reason why we work weekends and ski during the week. Traffic and people. :yahoo:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Should be a great day for corridor and Steamboat for sure with another significant storm wednesday into Thursday. Joel is predicting as much as a foot for us. Hopefully, its blower this time.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Should be a great day for corridor and Steamboat for sure with another significant storm wednesday into Thursday. Joel is predicting as much as a foot for us. Hopefully, its blower this time.

You can borrow my phat skis, they are phun :roflmao:

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
You can borrow my phat skis, they are phun :roflmao:

my Phat skis are now 96 underfoot with more focus on the profile and flex. I am selling my Faction ct 3.0's. I just dont like anything that wide anymore.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
my Phat skis are now 96 underfoot with more focus on the profile and flex. I am selling my Faction ct 3.0's. I just dont like anything that wide anymore.

:eek::eek::eek:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
yeah, I was skiing with an instructor friend recently in deep snow and we were working on some foot work. What I realized was that with 108 underfoot, I just couldn't feel the snow they way I needed to. things just felt too muted. A lot of the came form the wide shovels and tails of course.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
yeah, I was skiing with an instructor friend recently in deep snow and we were working on some foot work. What I realized was that with 108 underfoot, I just couldn't feel the snow they way I needed to. things just felt too muted. A lot of the came form the wide shovels and tails of course.

The wider skis are much more of a help in lower angle powder, they offer more float/glide and lets you enjoy even deep powder on slopes < 20º

At speed and on steeper slopes the narrower skis (around 100mm width) are definitely fun and offer better feel.

Sponsor

Staff online