• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Surprise solo Tuesday first tracks
20190212_100218.jpg
On
20190212_165923.jpg

And second tracks down Avalanche Bowl (which was wind affected over ice bumps. Poor choice)
20190212_170602.jpg

but the rest of the day was lovely. First on wide skis and then a few rounds of chairlift shadow slalom on the AXs.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Tuesday at LL was much, much better than anticipated after the horrid snow conditions at ABasin on Monday. The Luv continues to offer excellent skiing.

Yes it does. We went to A-Basin last Tuesday and it was terrible, so hopped over to Luv and skied great conditions.

The wind is definitely giving at Luv - each event seems to be further smoothing out the mountain with consistent windbuff and good uninterrupted lines.

Tomorrow brings fresh and plans for first chair.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Since it was really cold without wind, it seemed a good idea to go back up 9 with wind, snow, and flat(ter) light.

Snow felt pretty good. Hard to tell. Looked about like this. View attachment 66079
The only thing not to like about Loveland... flat light above treeline. The top of 4 was tough when I was there. I didn't venture up 8 or 9.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Tuesday In The Snow at Hunter Mt. Was a good day even though they made snow on most trails all day. I had the chance to ski two of the new trails on Hunter North. The new trail called "Overlook" is such a nice trail, It had good cover and was a pleasure to ski. The second trail I think was called"Woodstock" also a good trail just felt a bit narrower than the other new trail. The only thing that surprised me was one of the trail markers, it looked like a blue square with a black diamond in the center. Not sure what that was telling the skiers. I also skied most of the rest of the mountain and I will say it is still one of my favorite places to ski and a trail called The Cliff one of my favorite trails. Of course I like the non-weekend crowd but who doesn't.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tuesday in the Snow at Copper Mountain. Fun conditions after an unexpected binding repair. Anyone seen Pivots shear like this? Crazy!

20190312_095001.jpg

Top of Mountain Chief with Copper Bowl being bombed in the background. Run of the day was Far West to Coleman's Retreat.
20190312_132830.jpg

Somewhere coming out of Lower Enchanted Forest. @2nd best run of the day was Upper to Lower Enchanted Forest.
20190312_142211.jpg

Riding the Sierra lift with Enchanted Forest in the background.
20190312_135112.jpg

Snow on east facing slopes from Resolution and Alpine lifts were spreadable cream cheese by 11 am. Lots of fun. I'm around CO for a while. Hit me up if anyone wants to ski.
:daffy:

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
@MattSmith - aren’t you getting tired of skiing so much!!?? Don’t you miss the desk?
...just jealous.ogwink

Safe travels :thumb:
Are you kidding me?!?! Look at the smile on my face. Does it look like I can go back to my desk job?
I'm skiing just about every day, though travel challenges get in the way here and there. CDOT keeps closing I-70, and for good reason. I'm staying with a friend, west of Vail Pass, which is hit by a road closure this morning. Trying to decide if I should wait it out or go on down to Ski Cooper.

Have a successful and productive day to all you working folk. Thanks for continued contribution to the tax base. :)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Are you kidding me?!?! Look at the smile on my face. Does it look like I can go back to my desk job?
I'm skiing just about every day, though travel challenges get in the way here and there. CDOT keeps closing I-70, and for good reason. I'm staying with a friend, west of Vail Pass, which is hit by a road closure this morning. Trying to decide if I should wait it out or go on down to Ski Cooper.

Have a successful and productive day to all you working folk. Thanks for continued contribution to the tax base. :)

Looks like its nuking! Go ski!!!

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Still at it. No photos (sorry) but interesting mix of snow consistencies, from teeth-rattling chicken heads to sticky mashed taters.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm sitting here thinking....
It was just a week ago when Phil and I joined a few from the Colorado Crew for T.i.T.S.
There were a few of the usual suspects missing but good times and a variety of conditions.
Wind, snow, thunder, partly sunny, partly cloudy....
IMG_0885.JPG

We must have worn Phil out...
IMG_0890.JPG
@FairToMiddlin Mrs FairtoMiddlin, @SkiNurse @Tricia (Me) and a napping with his eyes open @Philpug
We also took a few minutes to spread some of Ziggy's ashes near the beach spot where he hung out with us. (I think @SkiNurse has a picture of that)

TS
SkiNurse

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
First real spring day. Corn, corn and more corn. Coverage is still fantastic. 3/4 of East Wall, the Notches and North Pole still open. IMG_20190514_103826452_HDR.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online