• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2018/2019 Southern California Thread - Big Bear, Mountain High, Baldy, Wrightwood, etc.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fun day at Big Bear. Virgin corduroy for the morning, firm but not icy. Big Bear does excellent grooming. Things softened up nicely in the afternoon with fun cream cheese. Great day.

The highlight of the day was the bears that ran across the slopes. A huge mama bear and a big cub. They ran right in front of us! The resort is aptly named.

Eric

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Demoed Head Kore skis today. 93 wide and 173 long. Took a bit to adapt to the skis, terrifying first run with loose boots skidding down. Once I figured out that you had to tip the skis on edge, they rocked! Firm corduroy, slush, swooping turns, tight fast turns - all good. These are excellent groomer skis.

Since I hate groomers, I don't think I'll buy these skis but if I go to Big Bear a lot, maybe I will.

Great bluebird day!

Eric

Aquiverfull

The mountains are calling and I must go.
Skier
Fun day at Big Bear. Virgin corduroy for the morning, firm but not icy. Big Bear does excellent grooming. Things softened up nicely in the afternoon with fun cream cheese. Great day.

The highlight of the day was the bears that ran across the slopes. A huge mama bear and a big cub. They ran right in front of us! The resort is aptly named.

Eric

That is epic!! would have loved to see that!

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Last day of winter lift ops at Snow Summit today, Snow Valley to cease tomorrow. Backcountry and Mammoth for the second season now! Some pics from the last week. IMG_20190408_115253440.jpg IMG_20190419_124803201.jpg IMG_20190419_134827787.jpg

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
redeyesmoke.gif