California/Nevada 2018/2019 Southern California Thread - Big Bear, Mountain High, Baldy, Wrightwood, etc.

Discussion in 'General Resort Discussion' started by Pat AKA mustski, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Eleeski

Eleeski Out on the slopes Skier

Fun day at Big Bear. Virgin corduroy for the morning, firm but not icy. Big Bear does excellent grooming. Things softened up nicely in the afternoon with fun cream cheese. Great day.

The highlight of the day was the bears that ran across the slopes. A huge mama bear and a big cub. They ran right in front of us! The resort is aptly named.

Eric

2. Eleeski

Eleeski Out on the slopes Skier

Demoed Head Kore skis today. 93 wide and 173 long. Took a bit to adapt to the skis, terrifying first run with loose boots skidding down. Once I figured out that you had to tip the skis on edge, they rocked! Firm corduroy, slush, swooping turns, tight fast turns - all good. These are excellent groomer skis.

Since I hate groomers, I don't think I'll buy these skis but if I go to Big Bear a lot, maybe I will.

Great bluebird day!

Eric

3. Aquiverfull

Aquiverfull The mountains are calling and I must go. Skier

That is epic!! would have loved to see that!

4. Aquiverfull

Aquiverfull The mountains are calling and I must go. Skier

scary!!!:eek: