• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2018/2019 Southern California Thread - Big Bear, Mountain High, Baldy, Wrightwood, etc.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Only miracle mile and the bunny slope are open. The snow was good, and it skied well. We only stuck around for 1 1/2 hrs. I have an IT Band injury and probably shouldn't ski much, if at all. I don't have pain when I ski, but it does hurt when I stop.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Still only miracle mile & the teaching shelf open.. wall.gif

C'ya in Mammoth....

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
That could change quickly, crapton of snowmaking going on could have Summit Run, #3 area open soon. I hope SV and MH can get open too.
Cant wait, I'm already in mammoth , c'ya later this week

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking for a boot and ski report.

@Pat AKA mustski I know how much boot trouble you've been having, and I hope you can work it out this season.
The snow was great and I really liked what I saw of Mt. Rose. I am having the usual left foot struggles. Had some pads added to the heel today and will see tomorrow. If the struggle continues, my plan is to go with the boot doc liners. There is no point in trying everything that has failed in the past. I want to just ski and have fun!

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
summit
chair 3, Ego opening Friday

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It looks like they have opened most of the family fun area and chair 7. Log Chute lower should be next and I'm crossing everything that the bowls and chair 10 open soon! We'll be there Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday ... anybody else?

ETA: Boot Doc liners are amazing! They solved all my fit problems; of course, now I have no excuses for poor form!

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I'll be out M/T, it will be nice when they can get Westridge all the way down as well. Spread 'em out!

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I usually hit Chair 1 by lap #2, so jaded.:nono:

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I'll be out after everyone else has done a lap, I drink too much coffee!