• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2018/2019 Southern California Thread - Big Bear, Mountain High, Baldy, Wrightwood, etc.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm. Since the Tour de Big Bear is over and the chances of El Niño are increasing and MM started the new Mammoth thread, I figured we might as well get this one started also. El Niño is often good to So Cal - not always - but often so ... start those snow dances!

Bob and I will be skiing weekdays this season, so hit us up!

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Big bear:
Bear mtn fired up snow making this morning
Test only I'm told, no cold weather in foreseeable future . ..

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Bear also blowing....

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It looks like Summit got good coverage on Miracle Mile and are blowing Summit Run as well. I’ll grab a pic tomorrow. Bear is blowing Park Run.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The snow guns blasted all day and all night yesterday and now the weather shows the possibility of first snow next week. Rest assured that I plan to be down at the beach next week so snow should be pretty much guaranteed. Word on the street is that Summit plans to open this Friday!! I’m leaving Thursday morning. I have a Friday doctor’s Appointment ... I may call in sick. :ogcool:

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looks like Mountain High's giving away free skiing until December 21 for the first 100 paying customers once they open: http://www.mthigh.com/site/connect/blog/authors/john_mccolly/mountain-high-opening-day/index.html

I kind of suspect that none of the regular posters in this thread are going to be there lining up at 6:00 am to take advantage, but I bet some dedicated shredhead kids will be.
:roflmao: I saw that blurb too. You couldn't pay me to stand in line, well, maybe for passes to other places in lieu of Mt. High.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am sure there will be plenty of young folk lined up to take advantage of that opportunity. Of course, MH opens if they have an inch of coverage.