• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 / 2019 New England Meet Ups.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So Killington's Test Fest is Sunday and Monday on the 9th and 10th. Our plans are to be there Friday to Tuesday. Not likely to be there the following weekend, but will be back for Christmas week. Are the 15 and 16 still penciled in for a mini-gathering or might it be moved earlier? I recognize later is better that time of year...

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Right now, it's 15/16 in pencil. If enough people want to move it to another date, it's fine with me.

The demo day scheduled for 12/11 & 12/12 sounds like fun.
Will probably be up there on those dates. Got to burn the 7 days off my Ikon pass before I head west in Jan.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
I have skiing Killington penciled for everyday except when away on vacation. Also have two tickets to every Vermont mountain thru VSAA. Plan to ski all the Green Mountains for the first time in years.

First three weeks of December are often magical if we get the cold to settle in. Sparse crowds no matter what the conditions. Count me on the demo days and the 15/16 weekend.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
I have skiing Killington penciled for everyday except when away on vacation. Also have two tickets to every Vermont mountain thru VSAA. Plan to ski all the Green Mountains for the first time in years.

First three weeks of December are often magical if we get the cold to settle in. Sparse crowds no matter what the conditions. Count me on the demo days and the 15/16 weekend.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm working on hammering out my Bromely schedule for the season but we'll be in southern Vermont every weekend so it's just about figuring out where we'll be each weekend. We close on the condo on 11/2 and I hope to be skiing by the middle of November. We have a trip to mount snow with our ski club on December 14-16th but we'll be at killington likely the weekend prior so could catch one of the demo days if on a sunday. I don't usually start working at Bromely til the middle of December so I try to get as much free skiing in at other mountains before then. Early season is usually a cocktail of Mount Snow and Killington with a focus on Killington as the buy one-get one deals are only good through 12/21. Once 12/21 hits we likely won't be at Killington until the middle of march as we get the spring pass. Next season we'll grab the IKON pass so we can hit killington mid season. Probably not getting a magic pass until next season so we'll skate by this season with letters from Bromley. Just trying to bank in as much skiing where we have passes. I'll shout out where we're going to be each weekend in the hopes of making some turns with some folks.

Last edited:

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
The geographic center of New England is Dunbarton, NH. Skiers don't care about CT, MA, and RI, though. The geographic center of NORTHERN - i.e., skiers' - New England.... What is all this lower left-hand corner crap?

New Jersey. I can say that, cuz that's where I'm from

The center? Is that the middle (of nowhere)?

The only center that counts in skiing is the Center of Mass, and that ain't Massachusetts

Not even counting Susan Collins

Does she like beer? I don't recall what she said, but I like beer. So confusing.

Last edited:

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I plan to be @ Killington on the 15th/16th

Sandy_NYC

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have Killington penciled for Dec 8-9. I will be there as part of a larger ski and snowboarding meetup but hope I can catch some of you. Will have to see about Dec 15-16, I am free that weekend and will be there if I can arrange transport and lodging!

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
My early season ski plans are up in the air due to some potential work travel in late November / early December.

As usual, I will be at Stowe as much as possible.

"The" New England Gathering will be in late March sometime. Destinations TBD.

If you're taking any votes, I'll put my X in for the last weekend of March, plus a few days surrounding that. I'll be at Whistler through the first week of March and still need to block out some time for work.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you're taking any votes, I'll put my X in for the last weekend of March, plus a few days surrounding that. I'll be at Whistler through the first week of March and still need to block out some time for work.

I will be skiing in France second week of March, returning the 16th. Would love to do the NE gathering last weekend of March as well.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Weekend of 11/17 - 11/18. Who's skiing where?

I'm planning to hit Jay Peak for some hiking laps Saturday and Sunday.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Lucky you. I won't be skiing in New England until Dec. 15th/16th at Sunday River. Already bought my Lift Tickets (as I don't have an Ikon pass... *grumble*).

Speaking of... if anyone's going to be at Sunday River that weekend and wants to make some turns, let me know. (@Tony S - are you going to make it there?)

Last edited:

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
^^
I will be at Jay that weekend (if anyone want's / needs a crash pad, open beds).

We'll see what conditions look like. I *could* go to SR to "make some turns".

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Will be at Stowe 11/23, 24 and 25.

Anyone else plan on being there? :popcorn:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier

It looks like the magic came early! It will look nice for the WC over Thanksgiving compared to last year's brown. Unfortunately, I could not swing this coming weekend like I had hoped, but still have a laser-like focus on Dec. 7-11 for my first trip of the year! Last year the mountain was nice and empty on this weekend. Looking forward to meeting some friendly Pugs.

The demo days are Sunday and Monday, Dec. 9-10. I hope they have a good selection of skis for tall guys.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I am planning on heading up to Sugarbush and Killington December 8-10. My plan is to ski Sugarbush Saturday and take advantage of the demo days at Killington on Sunday and Monday. I'd love to take a few runs and/or grab a drink with some fellow Pugskiers.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Lucky you. I won't be skiing in New England until Dec. 15th/16th at Sunday River. Already bought my Lift Tickets (as I don't have an Ikon pass... *grumble*).

Speaking of... if anyone's going to be at Sunday River that weekend and wants to make some turns, let me know. (@Tony S - are you going to make it there?)

You're going to the Big Sky and Taos gatherings as well as SR and you don't have an Ikon pass??

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid