• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 / 2019 New England Meet Ups.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Maine? Ya cahn't get theah from heah.

Denver? Well I have heard it said that the best place to go skiing in the east is the airport.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We will be making our first visit to Killington in early-to-mid December. I want to hit the demo days, which usually are on Monday and Tuesday. But nothing yet on their website. So it's possible we will be there on the 15-16th. We'll be back for Christmas-to-New Year's week.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Every poster so far has a very south-west-leaning idea of where New England is.

The geographic center of New England is Dunbarton, NH. Skiers don't care about CT, MA, and RI, though. The geographic center of NORTHERN - i.e., skiers' - New England is not as well documented, but I'm pretty confident it's somewhere in Maine. What is all this lower left-hand corner crap?

I can get to Denver faster than I can drive to freaking Killington.

Seems to me you NewEnglandahrs just aren't well centered. One person writes an algorithm and comes up with Dunbarton, NH, another comes up with some different code and Norway, ME gets the nod.

All I care about geography-wise is that 99% of the time the good snow isn't here in the Mid Atlantic. :(

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Having gone Epic this coming season, I've penciled in a Christmas break roadtrip with stops in Okemo and Stowe and another in late March. With a week in Tahoe and another in Whistler already booked, I think I'll have gotten good value out of the pass.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm always up for a trip to Killington if the coverage is decent. I feel like it's my "home" mountain even though I really haven't spent much time there in the last couple decades. I really learned to ski there and have spent more ski days there than anywhere else.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Locked into Jay 12/14-12/18. Open spots if interested - it's an incredible deal.

Other than that I'll be mobile and itching to carve some turns. Send out locations. Go Steelers!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We will be floating around southern Vermont this weekend. Magic Mountain tomorrow and then Mount Snow on Sunday. Send me a pm with your cell if I don't already have it. Obviously there's no skiing yet but there is :beercheer:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Every poster so far has a very south-west-leaning idea of where New England is.
-
The geographic center of NORTHERN - i.e., skiers' - New England is not as well documented, but I'm pretty confident it's somewhere in Maine. What is all this lower left-hand corner crap?
-
:rolleyes: Maine, population Steven King Two Lobsters and a Bear.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Besides, there are a lot more than two bears.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not even counting Susan Collins.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently I can't even count bears correctly.

What I meant was, there are plenty of bears. And some moose. And beer (in Portland). As for lobster, meh. Spoiled.

Much like many ski regions, come to think of it.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh right. Bushes.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I hope to make it back to Maine in late March or early April for some spring skiing at the Loaf and Sunday River.

Sponsor

Staff online