• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 / 2019 New England Meet Ups.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
During the NYC early season meet & greet, several of us expressed interest in meeting up for some skiing during the season.

Killington for the weekend of December 15/16 was proposed as the best time and place for a meet up.
Any other suggestion would be welcome.

With a Ikon pass this season, I'll be skiing the NE during December and a good part of January prior to heading out west. So anyone interested in making a few turns together, give me a shout.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I think we might be at mount snow with out ski club that weekend but I'll know for sure soon. We'll be at killington thanksgiving weekend and likely 1-2 other weekends. I'll turn in my Bromley schedule by the end of October and usually by then I have an idea of where we'll be each weekend. Looking forward to sking with folks.

Last edited:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
My early season ski plans are up in the air due to some potential work travel in late November / early December.

As usual, I will be at Stowe as much as possible.

"The" New England Gathering will be in late March sometime. Destinations TBD.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Killington for the weekend of December 15/16 was proposed as the best time and place for a meet up

Seems pretty reasonable dates to slide in between "no snow yet" and Christmas.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My ski club is also at Mt. Snow that weekend. I have a gig booked.

I would be up for other dates though.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Dec 15-16 is the weekend following the PSIA-E week-long event called Pro Jam. This event is the largest annual PSIA event held anywhere, with about 500 usually in attendance. Participants boot up at Snowshed every morning; the lodge is filled with instructors.

On those two weekend days following Pro Jam there is another PSIA event led by members of the PSIA National Team. I don't think the weekend event's attendance will be huge since there aren't that many National Team members, and PSIA usually doesn't let the classes get overfilled.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nov 30 - Dec 1 the weekend after FIS World Cup -

Will that weekend work for an early season on hill gettogether?

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Marcia and I will be going to Sugarbush sometime in December. We have Ikon and he has MC.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have the Epic Pass so I'm good at Stowe and Okemo.

Can also get discount Kmart tix tru Costco. Will likely get Sugarbush tix deal from Warren Miller film.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Every poster so far has a very south-west-leaning idea of where New England is.

The geographic center of New England is Dunbarton, NH. Skiers don't care about CT, MA, and RI, though. The geographic center of NORTHERN - i.e., skiers' - New England is not as well documented, but I'm pretty confident it's somewhere in Maine. What is all this lower left-hand corner crap?

I can get to Denver faster than I can drive to freaking Killington.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Every poster so far has a very south-west-leaning idea of where New England is.

The geographic center of New England is Dunbarton, NH. Skiers don't care about CT, MA, and RI, though. The geographic center of NORTHERN - i.e., skiers' - New England is not as well documented, but I'm pretty confident it's somewhere in Maine. What is all this lower left-hand corner crap?

I can get to Denver faster than I can drive to freaking Killington.

Sounds like you're in a good mood for once. :D

If you don't like the chorus from the lower left then speak up. Make your voice heard.
So we know where to aim. :cool:

Anyway, we'll probably hit Sugarloaf and Sunday River sometime in January. Mamie can check on her college room mates on the same trip.
Does that make you happier?

About Denver, that is no where near ski country. You are still anywhere from two to six hours from the slopes. Depending on traffic. I-70 is not exactly the yellow brick road, Dorothy.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like you're in a good mood for once. :D

If you don't like the chorus from the lower left then speak up. Make your voice heard.
So we know where to aim. :cool:

Anyway, we'll probably hit Sugarloaf and Sunday River sometime in January. Mamie can check on her college room mates on the same trip.
Does that make you happier?

About Denver, that is no where near ski country. You are still anywhere from two to six hours from the slopes. Depending on traffic. I-70 is not exactly the yellow brick road, Dorothy.

Okay, those are rational comments.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey, I will go anywhere. I just want to avoid burning vacation days. (I can probably flex time a day a day here and there, though.) I need every vaca day for western trips.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm generally a southern vermont girl and i'm Aok with that. I live in CT and use every bit of my 3 weeks vacation time. I'm a weekend warrior who's about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours away from all my vermont places. I've never skied Maine, one day but i have a good time whenever and on whatever i ski.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I might be able to be convinced to go to Sunday River in January.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January