• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
:bestday:
Another best day ever
South wind overnight filled the top in
Climax first run, up to my knees, face shots all the way down. Hangman’s , second tracks on filled/ windbuff perfection!

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
:bestday:
Another best day ever
South wind overnight filled the top in
Climax first run, up to my knees, face shots all the way down. Hangman’s , second tracks on filled/ windbuff perfection!
Yer killin' me man!

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any “unofficial” guides to Mammoth out there?

Sunnysloper

Putting on skis
Skier
Another best day ever...
Totally agree, easily the best days of the season for me and it’s uncrowded!

For those looking to rent in Mammoth, check out our sponsor: https://www.snowcreek5.com Here is our review of the unit: Mammoth Mountain and Pugski Sponsor's Condo
Thanks for the mention Philpug! For the Spring we’re offering a 5pm checkout with a 3 night stay. If you’re in Mammoth for a race, a clinic/camp, or just want to ski first thing in the morning on your last day and pack up later, check us out.

Any “unofficial” guides to Mammoth out there?
Do you mean like this? Map

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Keep in mind the tentative closing dates for Canyon Lodge, Eagle Lodge and lifts near them is Easter, April 21, regardless of conditions. After Easter there will definitely be good skiing out of Main Lodge, including the gondola, but it might seem like long way to travel from Boston for a partially open mountain.

The skiing has been great the last few weeks. Windy though!
View attachment 67083
504b1544-1660-4d40-92b6-a761499af710
I still think it's worth it for a May trip. There will still be a lot of great terrain open up top - Gondi and chair 23- for when the bottom gets too soft and still plenty down low for a really fun morning. California spring skiing is just sensational after this much snowfall!

Yer killin' me man!
We miss you! I hope all is well.

As for everybody who is worried about lodging ... this is pretty good if you don't mind hostels. Midweek it's around $110 for a private room and $40ish for a dorm. Private rooms are harder on the weekends, but it's $50 for a bunk in a dorm and there are shared common rooms and kitchen.
http://www.mammoth-guest.com

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Also looking to demo the week of 3/24 any shops to recommend? Want to see if I can get on the Mindbender 108 and Nordica 104 to name a few.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I usually like to demo on slope for the easy in and out. Check to see if they have the skis you are looking to demo at Mammoth Sports in the Village. If not, try Footloose or Kittredge - both good shops.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
What a killer week, best conditions in awhile. If it wasn’t for a few hundred foot tomahawk / slide down wipeout this afternoon, would have been up with the best ever file.
The stockli’s were mind blowing on the groomers this morning .
Home for the weekend to heal.

R & T

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
What a killer week, best conditions in awhile. If it wasn’t for a few hundred foot tomahawk / slide down wipeout this afternoon, would have been up with the best ever file.

R & T
I could have filmed that!:philgoat:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

R & T
At least it occurred on an appropriately named run! Rest up and get back at it-- I know I have been enjoying the pictures.

carvemeister

Booting up
Skier
The drive from Reno to mammoth is an easy 3 hour drive. No chains were necessary for me on fri night 3/8. I had an suv rental with AWD, but never really needed it. The snow all came either before fri night or on sat night -- outside of my driving time windows. Make reservations for an SUV and a regular sedan and then cancel one or the other on the day-of, depending on current weather conditions. All the rental car companies allow reservations without credit card info.

Fly out of ontario or vegas only if you enjoy trading a 3 hour drive for one double that.

Since the snow is returning Tues. into Wed. now, who knows, but my only thought on an alternate airport is one where 4 of us can get into the same day, so we don't lose a day of skiing. If we can't get into Reno, I'll take whatever we can get that day and make the drive. I have a Ford Expedition type on hold at 4 different airports for Wed. afternoon!! (shhh...don't tell National or Enterprise). RNO is #1, ONT #2, LAS #3. Same vehicle is almost 1/2 price in ONT (go figure), but we just need to make a connection along with our luggage out of DEN. That might be tricky, but it's a plan because we have GOTTA SKI!! Hopefully we'll just coast into MMH though and I don't give a F@%& about getting home either!

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am thinking about taking a lesson next week. Me old, slow, crotchety and dumb. Self taught. Anyone recommend an instructor at mammoth or June?

Sponsor

Staff online