• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tomorrow June, Wed & Thurs, Mammoth.

The low end of the forecast on OpenSnow right now is 38" for Wed and 16" for Thurs. Assuming the mountain is open I hope you are testing some very wide skis :daffy:! Each storm that passes by I keep more and more seriously considering some May/June skiing at Mammoth!

kiwi flats..bernie rosow

I follow Bernie on Instagram and love watching his videos. The guy is an incredible skier, and skis some really gnarly terrain.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
What are you testing?

might end up being patience,
Shecter is calling for windy tues & breezy wed.
breezy could mean 40 - 50mph in mammoth speak,
windy..means, rah roh icon_eek.gif
all direction dependent.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm thinking of heading out there for the first time in a week or two. What is the deal with the chain laws for AWD in CA? If I have a Suby with snow tires and a set of two chains I should be okay chasing a storm? I find it silly I need chains with snow tires. Also, is June mountain good for a one day detour to break up a couple days at Mammoth maybe?

Hey @Core2 , I was out there from AZ in mid January during another decent storm. Also in a Subie with snow tires. We did not need chains.

You'll love Mammoth and the drive isn't bad at all. We drove over to June Mountain on the 17th , when most of Mammoth was closed down , just to check it out. It looked like a fun place to ski and I regret that we did not return to it for Friday skiing; but Mammoth beckoned us back for the post storm freshies . (well...it called to husband. I wanted to visit June !)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We made it to Mammoth pretty easily with little fan fair. We are staying at our sponsor's place... https://www.snowcreek5.com First impression is real nice. :thumb:
Actual knives that are sharp! You would be suprised how many places we go that the knives are as sharp as the back side of a butter knife.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
So does that give you enough time to make it up?;)
I have trips booked through Mem Day already, need to get camping gear for June/July. And then there's August, which is looking like a real possibility!

Sponsor

Staff online