• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We will be heading up opening weekend this year. 38 days to go!

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Even better - el'nino modoki looling less and less likely -
It really is a case that we don't really know. Canonical or Eastern Pacific Niño (conventional) is a possibility, which would correlate to the NOAA chart posted by @liv2ski. Modoki is also a possibility as well still, which would favour the Eastern half of the United States. And then there is also a chance of a basin-wide event, which could make for an amazing year for Mammoth, but maybe a bit better further north. It really is also a matter of where the -EPO ridge (high off the coast of Western Canada and Alaska) sets up, with the sub tropical jet passing south into the Sierra Nevada. So could be a good year for Californian snowfall, but for the rest of the Western Rockies, potentially quite dire IMHO.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That looks like a teensy bit more than a dusting.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
not too promising........
Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 9.48.52 AM.png

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I think it will take a good storm, and usually a BB WROD is better than MM. I am fully armed with a quiver of rock skis however.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are going up no matter what. I just set our expectations for "better than Mt. High":roflmao:Unfortunately no rock skis here, just a quiver of 1.

Sponsor