• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It was worth the delay! :D
Holy cow was it ever! I was so surprised at how fluffy the snow was this morning! I really struggle in dense snow over about 6 inches, well, today was easily 10 inches up higher, and it was a hoot, even on my Santa Ana 88s. I got a good five runs of fresh tracks, which is a rarity up there any more. I still can't ski over on JP side with low-vis, but I think I'll be ready for it next season.

I left around noon when it started to set up and get a little weird. Tomorrow looks to be a cool, bluebird day. Fun stuff! Hunt Bryce down if you're still around!

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Great day at Solitude today. Surprisingly, I found fresh tracks until noon and got lucky to hit Honeycomb just as the gates opened. I don't normally ski weekends in the Cottonwoods, but the skiing was so nice today I'm going to give it a try given the crowds are generally a lot less this time.of year.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Solitude closing day Apr 14, 2019, it was quite soggy early, wet snow, then it lightened as day went on. By the time I left around 215PM the sun was coming out.
I made about 4 passes through Honeycomb Canyon. There was good snow there and I especially liked a chute in the far edge, might be Boundary Chutes?? solitude honeycomb view.jpg solitude honeycomb also.jpg
Good snow in Headwall Forest too.
solitude headwall forest.jpg Sun coming out finally. Good crowd for closing day. The base entry lot 1 was full. I had to park on the street not too far out. Lift lines small.
solitude base.jpg

Ryan Dietrich

Getting on the lift
Skier
I was at Alta Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was crazy for a weekend powder day, nobody was there. No lift lines at all. There was at LEAST 9 inches of powder and it was pretty darn good. I floated and got fresh tracks until noon, and then switched to my mantras after lunch and cruised groomers until it was time to go home.

I am gonna be super sad after this season is over, what an incredible ride it has been.

Sponsor

Staff online