• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The road into PC this afternoon and evening was bumper to bumper for hours.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It was pretty sweet at Deer Valley following an overnight 1’+ on top of 1-1/2’ from the last couple of days. The crowds came because LCC had a prolonged closure but it seemed they couldn’t find the goods. Thank you Uhllrrrhr.

0CD0535A-0A01-4C9D-854F-16BB38BAA0D6.jpeg

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
No pics from Pow Mow today. Too much fun zooming around to pull out the phone. They delayed for about 45 minutes due to control work and then Woooooo!!! A bit dense and wind scoured in some areas but the wind-protected areas and trees below ridgelines skied deep! Man, what a great day!

Had a flat tire on the way down but thankfully I made it out of the steep part of the road before parking in the lot of the local liquor store in Wolf Creek. It was a sign from above to buy some Kiitos and Melvin. Who am I to argue?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Need to get rid of the Ikon access to DV for sure!!! That is ridiculous

Luckily I don’t have to travel that road from my house, I am on the local’s only side :)

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Solitude was packed today (and yesterday but LCC had a delayed opening). The car parks filled up very early and the south side of the canyon road was fully parked to the max. People were even parking down at Reynolds Flat and Spruces and trying to flag down fully-loaded, standing-room-only ski buses heading up canyon. Brighton skiers/snowboarders parked the canyon road down to and just past the entrance to Redman Campground, the furthest down canyon I've ever seen that done. That's a two-mile walk uphill with/wearing gear from your vehicle along a busy road to start your day and a repeat (but downhill) to end it. Ridiculous! Yesterday, traffic headed south on Wasatch Blvd. toward BCC and LCC backed up a fair ways onto I-215 and it was very tough going getting up BCC but that didn't seem to discourage the masses. I believe Solitude has received 35" in the past four days, with the other three Cottonwood Canyon resorts exceeding that amount and other northern Utah resorts approaching those totals. Another big storm moves in tomorrow night and is expected to dump an additional one to two feet of snow in the Cottonwood Canyons. Props to Solitude Patrol for getting so much terrain and so many gates open so quickly. Obviously, conditions are primo except for all the (additional) people.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow wasnt good enough to make up for the low vis. There was some weird feel in the snow as well it was variable soft and then super gripppy. I got whipsawed a few times when my skis suddenly hooked up really aggressively as the snow changed and couldnt see the snow.

It skied better in the afternoon after it got more cut up.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Snow wasnt good enough to make up for the low vis. There was some weird feel in the snow as well it was variable soft and then super gripppy. I got whipsawed a few times when my skis suddenly hooked up really aggressively as the snow changed and couldnt see the snow.

It skied better in the afternoon after it got more cut up.
That would've been my description for Friday.
Saturday for me was a few perfect groomers on the Downhills & then No Name goodness till 2PM.

Seems like skiing is more popular than ever! Too many people, not enough terrain or parking! Even Pow Mow was sold out by 10:30AM!

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That would've been my description for Friday.
Saturday for me was a few perfect groomers on the Downhills & then No Name goodness till 2PM.

Seems like skiing is more popular than ever! Too many people, not enough terrain or parking! Even Pow Mow was sold out by 10:30AM!

My descriptions above is mostly for the strawberry side. I only had time for a few runs on strawberry and needles before I had to go get the kids. The groomers stayed nice all afternoon, even bear hollow was soft at until 230.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
My tire is destroyed. Had to order a new one from Discount. No idea what I ran over. So the Outback is out of service until Monday after skiing. Luckily my wife has a Crosstrek so we can still drive up the hill. I’m anticipating a sell out tomorrow but luckily I should be able to also get in some post-storm turns before work Tuesday. We may do some cat skiing tomorrow to avoid the tourons.

TS
blackke17

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
All of the Utah resorts are going to shitzville that have IKON access. Alta was ugly yesterday and the snow was horrible considering the monster storm that just came through. I even found crowds in steep trees off supreme. called it early to go watch football. obviously the holiday crowd added to my misery but IKON is drawing in massive crowds regularly - its really depressing .