• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
What are the chances Boreal will be open Sunday Nov 18?

Here is a screenshot of the weather through November 12.

View attachment 56921

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
borealweather.JPG

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Really depends on how many days below freezing they get

They can make a bunch but only if it's cold, prolly could get castle peak running

Oh boy it is looking bad. BA's outlook is killing the stoke in me. I was thinking (planning) a trip to Tahoe in Thanksgiving week. But it seems like a bad idea. Most likely it will be snowing everywhere but here.

I need a hug
:hug:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Snow in Tahoe is so hit or miss in November and I have seein it really has little to with the way they season ends up. We have had years with some good early snow then a medicre winter and other years where it started slow and ended with a miracle March. November is a luck month, it it stays cold, they can blow snow and give us a base for the rest of the year.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
November is a luck month, it it stays cold, they can blow snow and give us a base for the rest of the year.
Looks like we're getting a little base at Mt. Rose. Bottom near Wizard, top of Northwest, and it looks like maybe some on Kit Carson.
Screenshot_20181030-062903_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181030-062813_Chrome.jpg

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Northstar and Boreal have both begun making snow.
I also got an email this am saying sugar bowl has also fired up the cannons. That's early for them.

Boreal looks to be making a genuine effort to lay down some base. It looks like N* may have just been blowing the cobwebs out and preparing for when the weather turns cold again in a few days. But they do look to be also doing some lift maintenance and maybe even running some lifts.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Props to Rose. Talk about dedication to their customers - bustin' their butts to get something laid down before the snow making temps fade away (again) later this week.

I really hope they open again this weekend and I can get a second day on snow. It would be great to get to get my legs back, to my usual sucky level, by the real season beginning.

Question: the PNW seems to be going to get a lot of snow. Is there any spot that one could drive around 8 hours to the north, worth considering, for Thanksgiving? Assuming Rose is not an option ...

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Bachelor is the only place within 8 hrs drive that could be a lot better. But I'd wait to see how much snow they have and how much they have open as they have a lot of passholders so it could be crowded if that is opening weekend with limited lifts.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Been getting into the 20s at night here at 6600 Would guess N* and Squaw will both lay down a Wrod by the 16th. Weather station at the top of squaw holding down reasonable daytime temps
https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/rev/remotedata/screst.php

Boreal fired the guns this am
image.jpeg

Squaw also image.jpeg

PSA.. Truckee ski swap is this Saturday 3rd from 11-4 at the rec center

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Man... with all this snow making and WROD talk, the west coast is starting to seem more like the east coast :eek: :D