• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you're at Squaw, Alpine has Roundhouse open now, and the Squaw/Alpine shuttle is running.

Sigh, I got my skiing at Big Bear. Snowed centimeters!

Red Dog and the Resort run are open. Fun terrain. Jealous of all who are getting or will be getting this snow. Enjoy it for me!

Hoping to get up next week. I have a waterski date on the nicest day between storms (if my road isn't too washed out) so I won't suffer too much.

Eric

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Now 11am I80, US50 open R2. SR88 still closed. KW lines formed on Cornice and Solitude so apparently soon to load. Likely lodging patrons and resort workers in line. HV most lifts are open both sides and one's not open, likely still digging out. 11am San Jose towards Diablo Range.

SJ-2519a.jpg

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
Now 11am I80, US50 open R2. SR88 still closed. KW lines formed on Cornice and Solitude so apparently soon to load. Likely lodging patrons and resort workers in line. HV most lifts are open both sides and one's not open, likely still digging out. 11am San Jose towards Diablo Range.

View attachment 64769
Yes i saw the snow on the local East Bay hills on my commute to SJ and said "I'm heading the wrong direction!!"

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
I was here for the day at Incline Village for some non-ski appointment. Got done in the morning and was able to ski Diamond Peak in the afternoon.

There's plenty of untracked still to be found. But you have to hike a bit to get to it.

This is from a ridge, after a short hike up, just before dropping down. :D:D It got knee deep in places....

IMG_20190206_140637.jpg

My best day of the season so far.
Funny how that keeps resetting this year :roflmao:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Road to SB 9DEA5793-4352-452D-BCB5-380A43386FAB.jpeg
I’m being tortured at work by mountain ops updates from SquawAlpine. Seems like today is the day. Sigh.
Maybe at Squaw-half the lifts were closed yesterday.

Yesterday was “the day” at Sugar Bowl (& Alpine)
Deep unpacked snow without hiking. Became well cut up by days end. Sunny then cloudy at days end.
80 opened at 9:30 to chains so almost every one started around noon. Knee deep light powder.

More torture, I’d say yesterday at SB was one of 5 best powder days ever.
Other 4 were CO & UT. For Tahoe I’d say:bestday:

Last edited:

Nathanvg

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm arriving Sunday to Sacramento then driving up in the early evening. If they end up getting 15" on Sunday with 35 MPH winds, is there any chance I can make it to south lake Tahoe? I'll have a 4x4. I can change my destination to N lake if that's better. Love the snow, but worried I wont make it.

Sponsor

Staff online