• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
+1 I visited the https://tahoexc.org saturday afternoon to research summer mountain biking. Lot's of snow still left on the ground.
One memory says they'll be open for XC as long as snow is on the ground. Another memory says they're closing May 5th.
Either way, next weekend should be fine.

Tahoe XC is open 8:30-5 daily until May 1, then possibly re-open for Cinco de Mayo.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug and I went up for a little midday fun at Rose today. Beautiful clear day. Pretty much everything was softening. We found the best snow off the traverse from the bottom of Upper Silver Dollar to Sunrise bowl. Beautiful, creamy stuff.

20190422_131347.jpg
Phil modeling the Big Sky tech shirt with Tahoe as a backdrop.

20190422_154855.jpg
Phil working the DPS Alchemist 100s through the soft bumps on Washoe Zephyr.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Probably one of the best spring corn harvests this season thus far out at Squaw today. Froze just enough and by 10:30 things were popping. Little hike to broken arrow yielded total creamy goodness, surprisingly still holding good coverage. KT was a little firm first thing but by noon was pretty much soft on all aspects. Oly>east alternate was the winner of the day so lapped that about 1/2 a dozen times.

Shut down N* yesterday afternoon. White rabbit laps on closing day was a sweet bonus. Although starting to look a little dirty there was still better coverage than we see mid season most years. Definately the most consistent tree skiing I've ever seen through the entirety of the season.

East side goodness image.jpeg

Tower 16 and headwall lookin fat image.jpeg