• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
More on the extended outlook from the NWS:

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area
448 PM PST Fri Nov 9 2018

...The extended ensemble forecasts are hinting at a pattern change
beginning late next weekend and into next week. While details are
still very fuzzy the pattern is indicative of more of a trough
along the west coast. This would translate to a much lower
offshore wind threat and increased potential for systems with
precipitation to impact our region if this scenario plays out.
While this is far from certain, there is hope that the stagnant
weather pattern for our region could break down Thanksgiving week.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Answering myself, but the Camp Fire is already the 3rd largest in terms of casualties, and first in terms of property less, in the history of California. It really is about time for a storm. Hope everyone is safe!

Did anyone get to the wrod this weekend?
It is time. I drove past Boreal, which appeared open. Stopped at Squaw for boot help. Squaw looks very dry, with a bit of man-made snow on Red Dog. I think they are supposed to open next weekend.
IMG_5012.JPG

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
It is time. I drove past Boreal, which appeared open. Stopped at Squaw for boot help. Squaw looks very dry, with a bit of man-made snow on Red Dog. I think they are supposed to open next weekend.
View attachment 57862
Yes, Boreal was open this weekend but only on a lower beginner trail as was MtRose.
$29 Boreal, $20 mtRose. Boreal may stay open 7 daya a week (best to verify).

Squaw is shooting for opening November 16
hth

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 57862

@luliski Say hi to Buck if you were at Olympic Boot Works. I absolutely love his custom orthotics in my ski boots. But my physical therapist prescribed his own custom orthotics for my waterski boot after my knee issues. Buck was supposed to make those for me - he'll give me a hard time for going to Chile on a competing orthotic. His do rock as well.

I'm still hoping for a warm Thanksgiving for the waterski training. Should have guaranteed an early winter - hopefully the inevitable storm won't ruin the travel plans to make me miss my event. (Already missed a trip to see my son in Japan due to typhoon.)

Enjoy the WRODs until we get real snow.

Eric

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@luliski Say hi to Buck if you were at Olympic Boot Works. I absolutely love his custom orthotics in my ski boots. But my physical therapist prescribed his own custom orthotics for my waterski boot after my knee issues. Buck was supposed to make those for me - he'll give me a hard time for going to Chile on a competing orthotic. His do rock as well.

I'm still hoping for a warm Thanksgiving for the waterski training. Should have guaranteed an early winter - hopefully the inevitable storm won't ruin the travel plans to make me miss my event. (Already missed a trip to see my son in Japan due to typhoon.)

Enjoy the WRODs until we get real snow.

Eric
I was at Olympic Boot Works. I like Buck's foot beds, too. He does a good job. My sister just got boots and custom foot beds from him. I hope she'll do some skiing this season!

I probably won't ski until there's more snow. I don't want to make the drive up for the WROD. Just not worth it to me.

Good luck in Chile!

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Calling @Jellybeans1000 to the rain day emergency line. This is an emergency. We are pretty desperate, ok? As in ... ready to offer sacrifices to Ullr if at all needed. Who needs an aunt, anyways!

Any color on this? Please say yes! The last column to the right is the precipitation probability ...

upload_2018-11-13_12-44-21.png

Last edited:
TS
Jed Peters

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Calling @Jellybeans1000 to the rain day emergency line. This is an emergency. We are pretty desperate, ok? As in ... ready to offer sacrifices to Ullr if at all needed. Who needs an aunt, anyways! Any color on this? Please say yes! The last column to the right is the precipitation probability ...

View attachment 58056

Didn't you start skiing like a day and a half ago?

Remember, 2016/17 season it didn't start snowing until January.

Last year it didn't snow until March.

There will be good days and bad days. There will be good months and bad months. There will be good years and bad years.

th.jpeg

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
I was at Olympic Boot Works. I like Buck's foot beds, too. He does a good job. My sister just got boots and custom foot beds from him. I hope she'll do some skiing this season!

I probably won't ski until there's more snow. I don't want to make the drive up for the WROD. Just not worth it to me.

We will be making the drive up for the WROD on Saturday. Actually, stopping in to see Buck first to get my husband's fitting completed - and then will give the new boots a shot. I'm wondering if it will be one run or two.....

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Nice. But we'll be going to Squaw - we have Icon passes - and don't really want to pay for a WROD.
And isn't tht the beauty of a pass? You don't have to do a cost/benefit analysis for WROD. Logic scoffs at paying for WROD. But when it is "free" passion says "I haven't skied in 7 *$)#@ing months!"

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Unfortunately I have to be in Carson Friday for a Mountain Bike Summit...Damn.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
And isn't tht the beauty of a pass? You don't have to do a cost/benefit analysis for WROD. Logic scoffs at paying for WROD. But when it is "free" passion says "I haven't skied in 7 *$)#@ing months!"
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Sponsor

Staff online