• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Made it out to lookout for a couple hours this morning. Still lots of nice wintry stashes in the trees through prosser triangle and lookout glade. Sugar pine side is developing some pretty nice bump lines. Somehow "hidden line" had not been touched since the single track I put down it the other day. Score of the morning! image.jpeg

Didn't get over to backside in the short time I was out but I guess sawtooth opened for the first time in a while. If anyone is out tomorrow keep an eye on it opening again, or even maybe white rabbit..

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Heavenly again lived up to its name today. Super blue sky and starting to warm up, but snow still very good and deep. I rode Mott Canyon 7 times. Before trying one of the N-facing Mott chutes, I asked patrolwoman how they were skiing. She said they were in great shape and if I went to saddle past Rocky Pt. I would find some powder which I did. It looks like it was kind of windy when this snow ‘fell’. BD557759-D153-40EA-9445-EFA3EA22A3A6.jpeg 2B317203-FF06-4CD3-8131-070218C68E08.jpeg I did hike above trail from CA to NV for the first time this year and got some great views and turns in windsift above Milky Way Bowl before skiing Pipeline in Killibrew. I met up with @SSSdave @1 and we did a few laps on bumps under Comet chair and one on upgraded, but still 14 min ride Galaxy.

After skiing, I worked on cabin roof for an hour and a half, uncovering skylights and ice dams on edges that I hope continuing warmer weather will either melt or make fall from roof. Very busy in restaurants and stores on CA side of Stateline. I will ski Heavenly from 830-10, then head home from trip that started on 2/17.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
After not skiing for 19 days and then Thursday looping Little Dipper moguls all afternoon, I can't remember feeling so micro tear sore throughout my back muscles as this old man felt waking up Friday morning. Adding to that, the arch on my left foot became sore for the first time ever that would have me avoiding landing down on moguls at center boot as aggressively as I normally do. Thus instead of 1 and 2 stop fall line runs Thursday on Friday was stopping 3 to 5 times all day, generally slower more mechanical but still much fun as a human pinball. After a week+ without new snows the moguls have grown to large size. With sun and temps edging up above freezing for the first time in weeks, the snow surface on bumps before noon was firmer faster, noticeably changed in just the one day. Lots of familiar old local bumps skiers riding Comet Express each day in the afternoon keeping snow surfaces loose. And even got @Tony at the end of his long epic road trip to help loosen the bump surfaces which he does with fine form.

Spnole

Getting on the lift
Skier
So... very late report but here goes. Spent 3 days at Heavenly, 1 at Sierra, Kirkwood, and Northstar each week before last. Now back in the 80's in Florida. Great skiing every day its' harder to leave Tahoe every year. Highlights are that I finally skied Mott Canyon at Heavenly after several years of skiing past the gates with trepedation. Also, broke down and finally bought my own boots. Wow what a difference!! Lastly, has anyone seen the guy at Heavenly in the bunny ears, coonskin cap, rearless chaps, leather fringed coat, and pink lipstick? (no it's not me but saw him 2 days at heavenly) He was an impressive skier. Last highlight was getting a picture with Maddie Bowman at Sierra Tahoe. She was a class act and great representation of the USA Olympic team!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Rose is just magnificent. Bluebird day, great groomers, chalk and scraped off goodness. Beer on the patio, $6 brats and kraut, and live tunes. What a great time of year.
20190316_110525.jpg

Last edited:

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Huckleberry Canyon Gates were all open in the morning today. I thought I would wait a bit for it to soften up and waited too long. They suddenly closed all except gate-2.

It was okay. Untracked pockets but sticky. Took a more open path than usual this time and ended up too far down the Rerun catrack back to the base. A good workout in the spring sun :P

Huckleberry Canyon - looking up from gate-2 area. Gete-5 take you along the ridge at the top. If you go far enough along the ridge, you can drop in on almost a roller without having any mandatory airs like in the central area. I leave that to the pros :D
IMG_20190316_135712-01.jpeg

From all the down, from the catrack back, looking up at one of the tree areas-
MVIMG_20190316_141111-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So... very late report but here goes. Spent 3 days at Heavenly, 1 at Sierra, Kirkwood, and Northstar each week before last. Now back in the 80's in Florida. Great skiing every day its' harder to leave Tahoe every year. Highlights are that I finally skied Mott Canyon at Heavenly after several years of skiing past the gates with trepedation. Also, broke down and finally bought my own boots. Wow what a difference!! Lastly, has anyone seen the guy at Heavenly in the bunny ears, coonskin cap, rearless chaps, leather fringed coat, and pink lipstick? (no it's not me but saw him 2 days at heavenly) He was an impressive skier. Last highlight was getting a picture with Maddie Bowman at Sierra Tahoe. She was a class act and great representation of the USA Olympic team!

I believe his name is Cowboy Kitt - very good bump skier - a fixture on Little Dipper

jwilli

Getting off the lift
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online