• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Too many 1 or 2 stop runs on Little Dipper from noon today. After little snow over the past week and lots of miners every day, moguls have grown rather large. Today I owned even the steepest and biggest bumps. Well at least most of the time haha. Tomorrow a repeat. Great packed powder snow at 8.5k to 9.5k.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ski today? Why, yes, I think I will! Clear weather plus bbq on the Slide side. Screenshot_20190315-065054_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190315-065403_Chrome.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's the double down pass. I don't need a pass for the current season. Planning on skiing Heavenly and Kirkwood while I have the Epic pass.
I don't think the pass will be any less lext year so you will be able to use it for the rest of this year, it is a win/win.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I don't think the pass will be any less lext year so you will be able to use it for the rest of this year, it is a win/win.

I think this is something new though, Phil. The spring tickets have been, in the past, significantly less expensive than the regular season pass price, go on sale in April or so, and yes, work for the last days of the existing season, plus the next season. This year, Rose did something new (i believe) in selling passes for next year mid-season, this season. The price seems like the regular one, not discounted. I know this is a great deal for many.

My expectation (hope?) is that around April, Rose will go on the spring sale as they did in the past, and replace the double-down by this new sale. Anyway, that's my hope because the double-down is way too expensive for me to have both Rose and Ikon. I guess we'll find out!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think this is something new though, Phil. The spring tickets have been, in the past, significantly less expensive than the regular season pass price, go on sale in April or so, and yes, work for the last days of the existing season, plus the next season. This year, Rose did something new (i believe) in selling passes for next year mid-season, this season. The price seems like the regular one, not discounted. I know this is a great deal for many.

My expectation (hope?) is that around April, Rose will go on the spring sale as they did in the past, and replace the double-down by this new sale. Anyway, that's my hope because the double-down is way too expensive for me to have both Rose and Ikon. I guess we'll find out!
I'll see if I can find anyone at Rose who is willing or able to discuss this. For me, the Double Down is pointless since I have a pass already, as do you. But if the next change in price is going up then I'll get it now. Honestly, I don't remember how much I paid for the pass this year or when I got it. :doh: Time to check statements!

Sponsor

Staff online