• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mt. Rose is reopening...
This Friday-Sunday! (November 2nd-4th)
9:00am-3:00pm

Wizard Chairlift will be open Friday-Sunday from 9am-3pm
Trail open: Merlin - Witches Brew- Spellbound

Lodgepole Café & Timbers Open
Season Lease Pickup Available
Open to the public. All lift tickets: $20

Should be a bit busier than two weeks ago with being open to the general public...and $20.00 tickets but still fun. We will be there Friday AM for a few hours.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mt. Rose is reopening...
This Friday-Sunday! (November 2nd-4th)
9:00am-3:00pm

Wizard Chairlift will be open Friday-Sunday from 9am-3pm
Trail open: Merlin - Witches Brew- Spellbound

Lodgepole Café & Timbers Open
Season Lease Pickup Available
Open to the public. All lift tickets: $20

Should be a bit busier than two weeks ago with being open to the general public...and $20.00 tickets but still fun. We will be there Friday AM for a few hours.
Doh! I told someone it was pass holder only. I wish I could remember who I told.
:doh:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Kudos to Mt. Rose!
As a non-pass-holder, I am tempted at $20 :D

Yes, your day budget will look like:

• Gas: $60
  • Food: $20
  • Drinks: it all depends
  • Ticket, just $20
  • Playing on snow: included.
  • Getting your legs back before the first storm: Priceless. (as stated by @Philpug ).

I am targeting Sunday. Will ping you if I firm that up.
:beercheer:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yes, your day budget will look like:

• Gas: $60
  • Food: $20
  • Drinks: it all depends
  • Ticket, just $20
  • Playing on snow: included.
  • Getting your legs back before the first storm: Priceless. (as stated by @Philpug ).

I am targeting Sunday. Will ping you if I firm that up.
:beercheer:
Given the weather forecast, I would drive the Volt, not the Pathfinder. So . . . about $10 fuel cost :). You know, if I were actually thinking . . .

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
image.jpg
Given the weather forecast, I would drive the Volt, not the Pathfinder. So . . . about $10 fuel cost :). You know, if I were actually thinking . . .
oh... you’re thinking about it

There is a calming coming over me as we approach Mt Rose, seeing a glimpse of white patches in the distance. The withdrawal jitters are fading, knowing that I will soon get my fix.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Nice day at Rose! Started lapping Wizard at 9:

20181104_100453_HDR.jpg

20181104_100326.jpg

Pretty decent for WROD . I hooked up with Joe, and ex racer on Head i.sl or whatever real slalom skis. He later left and hooked up with the cutest 3 years old, Maia, and her mom. All people I didn't know before.

Up the WROD, they made a little ... Wait for it ... Mini park. Unbelievable. Gotta love Rose.

20181104_110913_HDR.jpg

It did get a little crowded with the $20 tickets. I stopped for lunch 11: 30 to wait it out. I went for a beer and they had The Prisoner. OMG. Serious juice:

20181104_113430_HDR.jpg

Mr Pug says this is the best lunch ever on the mountain. He is probably right. Nov 4. Day 2. Whodathunk.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Well... I was so close to Mt. Rose this weekend, but had other commitments and could not get on the snow. :(

At least I walked around Incline Village in the morning for some nice mountain views.

Waiting for the snow-
IMG_20181104_081040-01.jpeg

IMG_20181104_080832-01.jpeg

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
It did get a little crowded with the $20 tickets.

To finalize this. Confirmed. It got quite crowded when I returned after lunch (after sending the above post). Opening weekend was much better because they weren't selling tickets. The strange thing is that about 10:30 they stopped checking tickets or passes, or anything, to access the lift. A snowboarder bombed through the ski patrol lane to cut the line entirely and go with his friends. There were a couple large groups of young people just cutting the (only) line all the time. It seems to me that a lot of people heard that it was a freebie day and just headed for a few runs late. This doesn't normally happen. Early season hiccups!

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Long range weather forecasts continue to look dry. We often have dry Thanksgivings so nothing to be too concerned with yet. By early December that changes. It just takes a single big late fall Pacific storm to set things up. In the mean time with fall leaf hiking season ended, I'll be amusing myself keeping in shape over the next few weeks street dancing below the San Francisco skyscrapers.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Long range weather forecasts continue to look dry. We often have dry Thanksgivings so nothing to be too concerned with yet. By early December that changes.
Yeah. The issue is if you were hoping to take the family over for a ski trip. We haven't made reservations yet. I don't think we will make a move for now. We might just go somewhere else and suck it up. It's been good to be on the wrod, but it will be a zoo if that's all there is open on Thanksgiving week.

Now, if I see someone dancing on the streets I'll give you a shout. Make sure to wear your Pugski stoke!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I thought I posted pics from Friday, but I guess I missed it.
First.....Tick tock, waiting for 9 o'clock
IMG_0036.JPG

As @Mendieta said, they made a couple features for the rowdies to play on, so we played on them when it softened up a bit. Pretty crispy conditions as it stayed cold in the morning.
IMG_0038.JPG
We bumped into Mark and made some laps with him
IMG_0039.JPG
The skis of choice were K2 Luv Machine 72 Ti and K2 Supercharger. We definitely brought our knives to carve it up.
IMG_0040.JPG
Then we went in for a late breakfast, mmmmmmm
IMG_0042.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online