• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Smuggs was a cluster this morning. Lines were so long there was just a disorganized crowd and no smuggs employees to get it sorted. Lift line ropes were pulled down and it was mass convergence. I started to put a lift line pole back in the ground only to have someone pull it back down.

On a separate note I tried some of the bamboo green sticks today. Kinda cool, but they were so heavy compared to regular carbon poles. I wanted to like them, but I don’t think they were for me.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Another good day at Sugarbush. My son thinks Slide Brook is the coolest chairlift ever :doh::huh: so we started on Lincoln Peak, went over to Mt Ellen and skied there most of the day, then came back for a few runs. It was busy, as expected.

10F74B9F-ECF6-459A-B927-4ECB0994F5D6.jpeg 0346DD38-5BF2-468B-8EF1-9DDC92DE7D8A.jpeg 33DB0B5F-8729-4C69-837C-C5DFB1301B69.jpeg

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Lifts are on windhold right now as the gusts are 50+. Guess I’ll head home and do some work in the sugar shack and get ready for the syrup season.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I’m wondering where the accident occurred. I haven’t skied Cannon in a couple years but I remember at least one or two “blind” trail intersections.
The skier who died gained too much speed coming down Profile and crashed through the fence at the bottom where people line up for the chair. Then he toppled down the embankment and onto the connector trail just below that, colliding with another skier.
"A preliminary investigation by state police revealed that Keiran was skiing down the Profile trail when he lost control and was thrown from his skis. He continued to slide through a roped-off area at the end of that trail, and then off an embankment. Keiran subsequently struck Slocum, who was skiing on the Middle Ravine trail."

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Tale of two Stowe’s this weekend.

Saturday was blue bird with little wind and crushing crowds. Even Spruce side seemed crazy busy. Bumps seemed to be pretty deep rutted out lines. Firm too which didn’t help. I gave up around 11:30 — crowds were too much for me.

Sunday. Cold, windy, snowing. I got in a dozen quad laps by noon, and that was with the quad running slowly. Very light crowds. Snow piled up nicely in places. I thought left side of Hayride was pretty choice. :thumb: Gondola was shut down as well from the wind, but the lower half of Perry Merril was still reachable and was a sweet ride. Quad shut down shortly after noon from the wind, so I just did drills and easy cruising on Spruce.

On Sunday I did share a lift ride with Mrs Josh who cracked the whip at one of her charges for goofing off on the lift. She seems such a gentle lady! :hail:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
The skier who died gained too much speed coming down Profile and crashed through the fence at the bottom where people line up for the chair. Then he toppled down the embankment and onto the connector trail just below that, colliding with another skier.
"A preliminary investigation by state police revealed that Keiran was skiing down the Profile trail when he lost control and was thrown from his skis. He continued to slide through a roped-off area at the end of that trail, and then off an embankment. Keiran subsequently struck Slocum, who was skiing on the Middle Ravine trail."

That sounds like it must have been horrifying to witness.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm curious what people's opinions of Loon are.

Great weekend up at Loon this past weekend. Saturday was probably the best day I've skied here on the east coast in at least 3 seasons with the combination of weather and snow conditions. Was busy but not out of hand. Didn't ski 2 of my favorites Triple Trouble and Big Dipper but that was only because the woods were in play and taking most of my attention. I had skied Mikey's and Scaler before and they were good but this trip I got first time visits in on Bucksaw and even better then that Walking Boss Woods which I really enjoyed. Of course early part of both days were spent with my SO and those long beautiful cruisers off the gondola. Long ride home in the snow but it was worth it. We think we will extend our trip next year from just the weekend to 3 or 4 days.

IMG_3292.JPG
Views Saturday were spectacular . Mt Washington from the top

IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

IMG_3308.JPG IMG_3312.JPG

Walking Boss Woods - Lapped this several times.

Attachments

• IMG_3297.JPG
    IMG_3297.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 7

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Bromley's tentative closing day is April 7th. This is the hard and fast closing day as they are mandated to close by a certain date. Hopefully the weather behaves or this date could be moved up.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Time of the year to road trip the state to visit some old favorite areas. Checked off Burke and Bromley this weekend. With deep snow up and down the Greens most areas are cruising thru March with stellar conditions. Sunny Saturday was nice but my kind of weather returned for Sunday with lots of freshies to play in. Bromley is our family favorite Vermont mountain. Had a visually impaired skier join up with us for some runs and a couple ski races. Wife took home the Gold medal in her age group. Enjoyed taking some runs and catching up with @surfsnowgirl. With about a dozen weekends to go the Spring season is on the cusp of ramping up.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sunday River was great. No wind, lines weren't too bad on Saturday and heavy snow started around 11 am on Sunday. We had a fast group and everyone was in pretty good form so we lapped moguls and trees two days straight. There were some oddly shaped hard moguls in a few spots but if you can' do it in March you can't do it. The woods were mostly soft.

We've burnt through all our Maine passes so on to Vermont!

Hope everyone stays safe.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Stowe was just perfect today. About an inch of tiny snowballs. I got 1-4th tracks on Sterling with my client and then laps in Whirlaway and in the woods. Now headed for Sugarloaf to watch some racing.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Had some time to check out catamount this afternoon. Beautiful day, snow stayed soft but not mushy. I am amazed at the amount of money being pumped into this place, new Lodge, renovated Lodge, new Lift on east side and a concrete form for another new lift next to catapult. Impressive. imagejpeg_0_16.jpg

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Snowing pretty steadily here at the Loaf. I beat the GPS by 1/2 hour across Moose Alley. I guess it wasn't expecting my well developed pothole slalom skills!

Been a tough week for the kid so far this week. DQ'd in the slalom today, hoping for redemption tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid