• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
It means they are replacing the double black chair that hasn't been operational in 2 years with with a fully functional quad. Will be running by next season.
Whoa! This is the Magic in Londonderry on rte 11??
Let's hope they're not visited by a plague of locusts, earthquake. or some other thing that seems to happen when they upgrade.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Whoa! This is the Magic in Londonderry on rte 11??
Let's hope they're not visited by a plague of locusts, earthquake. or some other thing that seems to happen when they upgrade.

Lol yup that's the one. Let's hope not but Magic is truly Magic since Geoff and the boys and Karie took it over. They got the green chair up and running by this past December. Plus they upgraded the snowmaking with more to come on that this coming season. I have faith in them.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Wildcat Wednesday April 10. Everything covered in new snow. Rime ice at the summit on everything.
The mountain was almost fully open. Groomers were easy and grippable.
Ungroomed conditions: dense dryish snow from overnight, over crusted freezing rain from yesterday, over fresh snow the day/night before.
Some exposed big boulders in the lift lines, but nowhere near prohibitive to skiing.
I heard that there was a sign saying open water at the entrance to one glade.
It was surprisingly cold. This is April.
Wildcat April 10 2019.jpg

Last edited:

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I heard that there was a sign saying open water at the entrance to one glade.
The only open water sign I've seen is the bottom section of Elevator Shaft. But that's not a glade, it's an actual stream that's skiable. There's a stream or two to cross at the bottom of Polecat Glades, was still skiable last weekend. Can't figure out where else there might be water in glades...

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
@nemesis256, the sign was at the entrance of where the split rock thing is, over on the Wild Kitten side of the main lift. Somewhere.
I did not see the sign.

Last edited:

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be getting some use out of my spring pass at Killington this weekend. Give a shout if you want to meet up for a few...runs or beers or...

cmackvt

Putting on skis
Skier
I'll be getting some use out of my spring pass at Killington this weekend. Give a shout if you want to meet up for a few...runs or beers or...
Based on the current weather forecast I was planning on going to Killington on Sunday. Let me know if you'll still be around on Sunday.
Chet

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Snow started firm as the sun baked the surface into a soft carving delight. Sweet Spring weekend on tap. Needed more people to get some bump lines going. Come on up.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone have a guess on whether Saturday or Sunday will be the better of the two days in terms of snow quality after tonight's rain? My son and I are heading up for what is likely our last day of the year and thinking either Killington or Sugarbush.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Nice skiing at Stowe today, no sun and only 41 degrees at the base, but all the trails had a creamy layer on top. Woods skiing was surprisingly good, bumps have been flattened, and the surface is nice and creamy, no rotten punchy snow in there.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We had fun at Killington today. More ice than I was expecting. Conditions were pretty good and coverage was fine, particularly higher up. Tunnels and 6 pack at Snowdon were cool. Upper Skylark is down to base ice but lower skylark is great. Bumped up lower something to the right of bittersweet was awesome. Runs off summit were fun. I was bummed triple was gone. We brought our lunch but bought a couple beers and tailgated a bit. Fun day. Praxis skis were unneeded, kenjas were perfect. Until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January