• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
377EE07C-9D19-4B5C-B3EA-D03AF0268159.jpeg

2 weekends in a row not being able to see. Killington today.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Fun day skiing at Stowe today. Nice surface first thing. Creamy, not really much new snow, an inch or so at best. Later in the day it got very sticky and piled up, it was pretty much a pond at the bottom of the hill. Great surface for the Sugar Slalom though, plenty of grippable ice just underneath, and the course held up well. Hopefully it is just as good tomorrow.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
View attachment 70733

2 weekends in a row not being able to see. Killington today.

Bretton Woods was like this. Groomers were slippery slush from first chair, and never really got sticky. Non-groomed started out very sticky, then less so around noon. It got colder as the day wore on and the ungroomed bumps and glades and sidehills improved to quite skiable.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Fun day skiing at Stowe today. Nice surface first thing. Creamy, not really much new snow, an inch or so at best. Later in the day it got very sticky and piled up, it was pretty much a pond at the bottom of the hill. Great surface for the Sugar Slalom though, plenty of grippable ice just underneath, and the course held up well. Hopefully it is just as good tomorrow.

I had looked at the Mansfield forecast this weekend... didn’t look like it was going to get that warm. I think I saw a high of 41... figured those temps would do just enough to do nothing.

Glad you wound up with a good day. Is it down to just the quad until the end of season now?

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sounding like a broken record, but Loon was fantastic today. 2-3 inches of fresh heavy—but not sticky—snow overnight on top of a firm, edgable base. Hovered around 40 degrees. Got about 5 runs where I could still find untracked snow, then transitioned to packed powder on higher traffic trails. It was fairly busy for 80s day, but the only place I waited in line (singles) was the North Peak quad of all places. Even Upper Flume was skiing well. Bailed around 1:30 when average blood alcohol content among the packs of college kids got too high.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
C'mon. We had so many good runs today on soft snow. That's what you got of today at Killington? :huh:
it was foggy early, but then cleared up and minimal vis issues after that and.....no lift lines.

Snow was great and there were no lift lines but visibility sucked. Seeing where I'm going is kinda nice. I don't know what part of the mountain you were on but it didn't clear up on the upper mountain The bottom cleared up where I was skiing but then again the snow started getting sticky.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
will you be at killington tomorrow ???,I am coming up to meet some people that I met at Big Sky, we are meeting by the Base lodge and the gondola in killington proper at 9 am if intreasted

It was just a day trip for me today. I won't be there Sunday

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'll be at Killington Saturday and Sunday if anyone is around. A couple from our ski club will be competing in the BM mogul challenge and it should be fun spring skiing. Time to buy a Spring Pass also.
I was at Sugarbush today and will be at Killington tomorrow. I hadn’t realized it was BMMC weekend. I’m looking forward to embarrassing myself on what’s left of the course. :crash:

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow was great and there were no lift lines but visibility sucked. Seeing where I'm going is kinda nice. I don't know what part of the mountain you were on but it didn't clear up on the upper mountain The bottom cleared up where I was skiing but then again the snow started getting sticky.
Well we spent the majority of our time at Bear and some time in the canyons and superstar area. I guess it depends on the time.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Magic was fun yesterday. Michael did Talisman twice and said it was great. I skied everything that was open on the east side. Hard packed ish and the rest was soft packed with soft ice in place. Top was fogged in but by the time you pass the headwall of Trick and went into lower trick you were below the fog line. Fog lifted in the early afternoon. Sunshine corner was open and a couple got married which was cool, bride/broom were on skis and they ran the green chair to get the non skiers closer to the area for less walking. Reception in the BLT for all the attend later and lots of apre specials. My Stormrider 85s were fine but I could have skied my slalom's and been fine as the snow was pretty packed down. Today we're off to Bromley. Closing weekend for both.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Afternoon at Pico for the close of the season for them. Temp in the 40s with a bit of sun. Best coverage I have ever seen on Upper Pike this late in the season. Lots of families and small kids out enjoying the nice spring skiing. Love the Pico vibe.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Skied Okemo today. Forecast was for sunshine in the morning with clouds building throughout the day, so we got clouds in the morning and then clearing. Another accurate Vermont forecast.

Got on snow around 8:30ish. Chief was already getting soft despite the overcast skies. Skied a variety of cruisers, mainly off the main six-pack and the Jackson Gore area. Coverage was surprisingly good; only skied one trail off of Jackson Gore that is probably going to melt out in the next couple days.

Once the sun came out in the early afternoon it really started getting warm fast I ditched my jacket for a couple t-shirt runs. Snow was a little sloppy but it wasn't pond skimming or even just mush. I think the longest lift line I waited in all day was about two chairs, and it was normally "ski on". There was really nobody there.

Might have been my last outing, although Stowe still has two weeks to go. Maybe one more trip up north?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor