• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sugarloaf was reporting 18 (not 8) at 4:00 this afternoon.

Numbers were from this morning. Makes sense that they doubled that by the end of the day.

James

Out There
Instructor
Its November, anything over 1/4 of an inch is early Christmas. 11, 15, 18 inches, what difference does it make?
8 to 11 = 3"
15 to 18 = 3"

At 1/4 inch per Christmas, that's 12 Christmases per event.

Answer: 12 Christmases difference. ogsmile

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
At mount snow today. Thick glop if I was freeskiing it would be great, trying to ski at 60 percent for dev team training not so great. Despite being heavy not much float on my little 84mm skis.

I'm sure you would have some, er, constructive technique suggestions and a dose of patented Matta tough love for someone in that position.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
It’s not that you can’t ski glop it’s thst can’t ski glop at mount snow and should be somewhere steeper on fatter skis

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Mt snow today was fantastic. Plenty of side stuff to hit if you wanted. The snow that fell plastered the place, even good old Ledge
was completely covered, never seen that before! Obviously, the ungroomed flats were NMF but really no reason to venture there. Felt like Colorado today with no ice , light wind,and a few inches light snow all day.

TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mt snow today was fantastic. Plenty of side stuff to hit if you wanted. The snow that fell plastered the place, even good old Ledge
was completely covered, never seen that before! Obviously, the ungroomed flats were NMF but really no reason to venture there. Felt like Colorado today with no ice , light wind,and a few inches light snow all day.

The official total was 20 inches Mon into Tue. Today had to be amazing!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Snow dried out so much today at Mount Snow.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Mansfield Snow stake is at 43 inches with Stowe reporting 31 inches of snow on the season so far. Apparently at Stowe snow falls and its expands over time. Thats the Vail magic right there. Expanding Genetically Modified Snow.

FYI at 40 inches its basically game on on 90 percent of everything at Stowe.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
40 inches of settle natural snow base at the stake. Vail doesnt keep track of the stake, so its hard to for them to under report it. @James you should come skiing tomorrow at Stowe. Its game on wood skiing and your pass is valid.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Season Total at Smuggs is 82 inches, Stowe is 31 inches. Apparently smuggs get 250 percent of the snow total of stowe, everyone should go ski there.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Hmm... thigh deep standing for me would mean I'm sinking in more than 25"... did it really ski that deep? Or was that just the snow depth?

(I know that's all height and ski choice dependent!)

That was "wading depth" as in wading between the ends of ropes to open trails. Untie the lower end, WADE up to the high end. coil and stow. Then put skis on and get along to the next .....;-)

Skiing today was about as good as it gets. The breeze kicked up for free refills, the snow had dried out a bit. There was still lots of pillows to hit all over the mountain.
Jaws and Plummet were exceptional.

My legs are all but gone. Pain is weakness leaving the body....

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

James

Out There
Instructor
40 inches of settle natural snow base at the stake. Vail doesnt keep track of the stake, so its hard to for them to under report it. @James you should come skiing tomorrow at Stowe. Its game on wood skiing and your pass is valid.
Love to but can't. Plus, I don't even have a pass yet.:rolleyes: You'd think that after 22,000 employees the last 1,000 would be easy to do.

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Some more fresh stuff, will hit a dry spell afterwards.

Hmmm... my bad, after the non crystalline event this coming Sunday (12/2), this will bring in a cold air mass and a potential for another storm midweek.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Snovember has blessed Killington with 2 feet of snow in the last week. Five feet so far this season. Truly one to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online