• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Has anyone been up to So VT after this last mini snow/ice event? Is there quite a bit of hard pack around? I was hoping to go to the Bromley Telefest but Ice is not my friend while on teleboards.

James

Out There
Instructor
Okemo did fine. Not much ice at all yesterday. Mostly some spritzing early am. Lower mountain got warm and became wet snow. Lower mid level and on up was cold. Don't know today. Last night winds were crazy strong at times.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We had a refreeze last weekend and bromley came out like a champ with no ice. The groomers do magical things. I don't expect this weekend to be any different. Snow expected saturday night to sunday. I'm skiiing magic this weekend but I am sure bromley will be fine. Say hello to Greg/Paula for me if you go. They are 2 of our tele instructors.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone been to Loon recently? How are the conditions? I am doing a daytrip tomorrow before the nasty stuff comes in on Sunday.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
We had a refreeze last weekend and bromley came out like a champ with no ice. The groomers do magical things. I don't expect this weekend to be any different. Snow expected saturday night to sunday. I'm skiiing magic this weekend but I am sure bromley will be fine. Say hello to Greg/Paula for me if you go. They are 2 of our tele instructors.

Thanks for the update and I keep eye out for them. I'm hoping it snows sat night but the models are trending warm. I may flee to wildcat, that seems to be the snow jackpot spot.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Has anyone been up to So VT after this last mini snow/ice event? Is there quite a bit of hard pack around? I was hoping to go to the Bromley Telefest but Ice is not my friend while on teleboards.

Thin breakable crust.

Not bad on the steeps where it's easy to get out of. A real pain on the flatter sections. And DON'T FALL, you will slid until you hit something.

The groomed trails are a delight!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Magic was FUN yesterday. Bluebird day, crowded by magic standards but the lift lines moved fast. Even Geoff, the President of Magic was out there facilitating the lift lines. Mostly firm condition but very easy to edge. Skied Redsters and went all over the east side. Learning my way around, got a little adventurous and went down trails I'd never been. Last night was the party with the end of presidents week, torchlight parade, buffet dinner, fireworks. Some of our bromley friends came down and we had a blast.

Today was wet but if you didn't mind some rain drops the conditions were fabulous. Not a torrential downpour, just light misting. Non groomed trails were styrofoamy and sticky. However, groomed trails were a hootin and hollering ton of fun, no ice, rain softened things up nicely and my Storm riders got to come out and play. Temps were in the low 30's but felt damp and cooler due to the rain but oh was it fun. Not windy at summit at all.

I heard Bromley skied fabulous yesterday. Today there was so summit access but only mid mountain down but with 2 pass throughs from groomers I'm sure it was still a fun day.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJS

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I went on a bus trip with the ski club this weekend. Killington was in good shape yesterday, but we were slated for Stratton today and the group decided to bag it before we got there and head home. It was supposed to be raining and windy, but not sure how bad it was. I was all for giving it a shot figuring the snow would be good and it would be fine as long as it wasn't raining hard, but it was a pretty one sided vote. The ski club is getting soft:(

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Stowe today, morning soft snow with sleet, but freezing fog. Afternoon changed to all snow and hasnt rained there at all. In fact man the afternoon with no one around, soft snow everywhere, and good vis was pretty great. only real issue was lack of quad... There is going to be significant snowfall with the high winds the next couple days.

53095652_10157880729198357_5722666531733635072_o.jpg

Not sure if the snow will setup over night, but it was dense but didnt feel clumpy or sticky at all.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Go to Sugarloaf. Conditions were great last week and must be even better now.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I told you to go. They do have some wind problems but that foot of snow must have gone somewhere.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody have a Plattekill report...thinking about Sunday?....or maybe the following Sunday if we get snow this week??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online