• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
PSA for anyone skiing Stowe this weekend, the mountain will be opening late tomorrow for a late final groom. Don't be showing top for first chair at 7:30.

Nice spring conditions today (on what was open).

TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
PSA for anyone skiing Stowe this weekend, the mountain will be opening late tomorrow for a late final groom. Don't be showing top for first chair at 7:30.

Nice spring conditions today (on what was open).

Do we know the exact time - 8:30?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Do we know the exact time - 8:30?

I think 8:30 Quad, everything else at 9. Snow phone should say, so if you are standing there for a half hour, don't blame me! At least you won't have stood there for an hour and a half!

TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think 8:30 Quad, everything else at 9. Snow phone should say, so if you are standing there for a half hour, don't blame me! At least you won't have stood there for an hour and a half!

Me stand there freezing, never! I'll be inside somewhere checking the app.

Last edited:

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
There was warm spring skiing today on groomers at Bretton Woods. Light rain in the am.
I never got into the bumps or woods because I had a group of day 2-3-4 skiers who were 7 years-old.
Lunch with the kids was mac&cheese and hot chocolate. Not my favorite, but I needed to be there.

The sun did shine by 1:00. The wind did blow, hard, around 3:00 and thereafter.
I had trouble holding the car on the road on the way south after I left.
I heard that Wildcat will be closed tomorrow because of sustained 70mph winds and a predicted high of 10 degrees.
It will reopen Sunday.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Stowe’s twitter feed just reprtef the Quad will open at 8am tomorrow with the remaining lifts running at 9, subject to change based on wind conditions.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for Saturday. Surprise powder day! Calm winds, blue sky, sweet conditions everywhere...

If you don’t believe this lie is true, ask the blind man — he saw it too.

Ummm, yeah. Conditions were atrocious. I took a run or two off the triple. Basically crushed ice on top of a hockey rink. Met up with @LKLA and family. They opened the quad so we froze to death riding up that and immediately went into the summit lodge. Took a run down Sunrise and Standard.

Made the questionable decision to take another lap on North Slope which was equally bad. By the time we got down they had shut the quad down due to wind.

We called it a day. Lodge was an absolute zoo. Went to the Matterhorn for beer.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Well, I had 1/3 edges on pair of fairly new Brahma and I learned to dance with the mountain today. After my busters lefts for the day I went and channeled my inner Terry Barbour and skied some woods, which are basically terrifying but entirely doable. Hoping tuesday's night snow has some stickiness to it because if not there is no way light powder is going to make this better. There is snow forecasted, and expect the grooming sunday to be better....

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Bretton Woods was icy and had high winds today. Because of something geographical and mysterious, this mountain almost never ever has any wind. Today was an anomaly. It was frigid. Potential for frost bite was high. The groomers were horrid refrozen melt from yesterday, groomed while still warm.

The lessons poured in anyway. People paid, we were assigned to them ahead of time in the ski school's very organized way, then they backed out and never showed. This happened to me twice. Weird day.

Despite being released from those no-shows, I made no free runs in the woods. I'm not into terrifying myself like Josh is :eek: :golfclap:.

Last edited:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for Sunday. It was a bit warmer and conditions were slightly better than they were on Saturday... although that isn’t saying much.

Nosedive and Hayride (two black groomers) were opened along with the usual slate of blue cruisers. The Nosedive turns up top were a hockey rink but the rest of it wasn’t awful.

I did six or seven laps before the crowds and the unguided cruise missiles appeared. Left to start the trek home. This week’s forecast looks promising... I’m hoping for several feet of dense glop that will stick.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Smuggs was partially closed Saturday due to winds. What was open was semi bullet proof. This morning was slightly better due to the lack of wind, but frozen granular isn’t exactly a amazing skiing. The grooming team does the best they can, but only so much they can do.

We will have to see what next weekend brings (potentional rains..)

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Sand on glass in S.VT.

In the trees, there wasn't any sand, just glass ;-)
Crowds didn't seem to mind, the lots were full, afternoon skiers kept coming.

Looking forward to tuesday after noon.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Bromley was fun this weekend. Hard packed in most places, a little ice but they started blowing snow Friday night and rotated on various trails all weekend. There was even soft packed powder in a lot of places. My Head Rally's are truly a blast to ski and oh my do they hold an edge. Sunny both days and VERY windy at the top but mid mountain down was fantastic and I hear the Blue Ribbon quad was great as it's generally protected from the wind. Had a clinic yesterday with my team and it was fun, taught a lesson with 2 awesome ladies who had skied a few times and got a bunch of free skiing in. It was a very good weekend. Looking forward to the much anticipated storm coming this week. Thinking Kenja's/Stormriders will come out to play next weekend.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
hoping that tuesday night snow has some stick to it. Woods and un groomed are truly dangerous.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
not really, 40s and raining turning into snow with snow falling on an unfrozen surface would be ideal. I have feeling that tuesday may not fix vermont, but saturday might.

to put in perspective how bad stowe was today off the groomed, I tried to retrieve a pole about 6 feet off nosedive trail on sharp skis, and ended up not getting the pole and having to self arrest with my pole. The freezing rain on wednesday night really did a number.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
not really, 40s and raining turning into snow with snow falling on an unfrozen surface would be ideal. I have feeling that tuesday may not fix vermont, but saturday might.

I hope so.

My driveway needs the help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online