• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am skiing tomorrow (monday) and want to avoid rain. Is there a site I can check in the morning that will let me know if it rained at sugarbush or gore? The forecast is higher rain risk the more north you go

I would love to know if there is a site like this as well. You could read conditions reports, but generally speaking they can a bit less than honest, and also might not be published before you start driving to the resorts (this is an issue with me when driving up from Boston).

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Bromley was good yesterday. Mostly soft packed powder, some hard pack and very little ice. Rally's and I had a great time. Skiing Magic today and tomorrow. Looking forward to skiing out front door. I love teaching at bromley but they are trying to get me to teach here and while I do love bromley this would be way too convenient. I forgot my poles at Bromley when I left yesterday so I'll be skiing poleless today and tomorrow. I mean I could borrow a pair but skiing without poles is fun so why not.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Magic was fun today. East side was a blast with excellent coverage. Some ice but easily avoidable. Friend who works there convinced us to go down wizard on the west side. I did my first chute. Coverage was decent but more ice than east side. Need snow soon. Really liked wizard. Talisman is supposedly in great shape. Stan will take michael next weekend. I'm addicted to Magic.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think there won't be much traffic on the slopes then. They'll likely be on the road.
A lot of cars at Pico, but we never waited more than a few chairs, so not sure where they were hiding. Light traffic coming home also so plenty of time to get cleaned up for the party. I would've stunk the place up if i went right to the party. And the snow was very good at Pico, so great success this weekend.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Conditions were great at Smuggs this morning. I decided to take a lesson to work on the trees. Needless to say the trees kicked my butt. I need more practice..

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sugarbush was good yesterday. The crowds weren't bad in the morning and disappeared after noon so no lines for a few hours after lunch. My son has fallen in love with Sugarbush which is fine by me. I love the place.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I was at Sunapee with a friend yesterday. Spreading the Epic-pass love around. We just cruised some blues; nice day to be outside. Surprisingly icy in places (i.e., the clear kind). Overcast, but comfy temps. No real wind. Everybody vanished after lunch; apparently some kind of sporting event yesterday evening?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Fabulous day at Magic today. Thank you Chris and Michael for an amazing day. Pushing me gently out of my comfort zone as well. Skiing magic will make me a better skier and probably an alcoholic too but oh what fun we'll have.

Not gonna lie today was a blast BUT they need now. Some trails were barely passable and michael and chris got talked out of going down wizard on the west side by ski patrol. However, the trails that were good were really good.
IMG_20190204_180245_455.jpg 20190204_140444.jpg 20190204_140541.jpg 20190204_140459.jpg 20190204_140448.jpg

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Spring conditions today and tomorrow (Mon. Tues)
Soft bumps!
Perfect ...if it were April.

Rip Cord was a delight!

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was at Sunapee with a friend yesterday. Spreading the Epic-pass love around. We just cruised some blues; nice day to be outside. Surprisingly icy in places (i.e., the clear kind). Overcast, but comfy temps. No real wind. Everybody vanished after lunch; apparently some kind of sporting event yesterday evening?

You gotta love that Epic Pass!

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
How well will Gore Mountain handle the rain this week? I have never been and heading up for skiing Friday-Sunday.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Checked out Hunter today on the Peaks Pass, only my second time there in 10 years.. weather was supposed to be pretty much cloudy all day but it turned out to be a sunny sky for the most part. Was probably about 50 at the mtn.

It's a great spring ski mountain given the perfect pitch that's consistent all the way down. The new Northside pod is a great addition. Three main runs over there were open. Westside had pretty much one way down. Kind of sad Westway is just sitting there all brown. Other than that the mountain was great today. One enormous slush bump gobbled up my ski and spit me down the mountain.

IMG_20190205_141457438.jpg IMG_20190205_144705373.jpg

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
That shot with no snow, is that from today!?!? I thought there was crazy snow all over the Northeast!

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Loose granular today at Cannon and Bretton Woods. Total thaw yesterday and winter last night/today.
Day off - which should I go to? BWoods still has everything open, even its glades.
Cannon has kept most of its terrain open.
Well, steep icy groomers winched last night and ice bumps need some love. Cannon it will be.
And this is the day I return to New England skiing from a week out west in soft snow.
Maybe it will be better than I anticipate.

Status
Not open for further replies.