• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thursday's touch was great.... another is on the way!

Sandy_NYC

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anyone skiing Stratton this weekend?

I’m here if anyone wants to take some runs together.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for Saturday.

Groomers were velvet smooth for a few laps in the morning. The new snow really improved things, although it did get downright icy as the day went on.

Goat was kind of crunchy bumps, but Starr skied well. Met up with @Crank and a few members of his ski club. Found some decent tree skiing (yes, I guided into trees... Christmas miracles and all that). Found that Hayride had some serious ice. Wow.

Chin Clip had some nice snow on it, along with some distinctly New England snow (read: loud).

Spent the afternoon on Spruce side wishing I had sharper edges.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Southern Adirondacks. we dodged the rain, skies turned to bluebird and the snow and surface... fantastic. Royal Mountain Caroga Lake NY
49742771_10215399219885143_5935610344549384192_n.jpg

49838131_10215398965038772_7399081233315004416_n.jpg

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
Asking for a friend. What's the most affordable place to rent adult beginner skis/boots/poles from for the MLK weekend near Loon Mountain?

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Smuggs was awesome today. The fresh snow really helped. Had to swap in my Smith Chromopop Storm lenses. Just too much blowing snow for my everyday Chromopop’s

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Asking for a friend. What's the most affordable place to rent adult beginner skis/boots/poles from for the MLK weekend near Loon Mountain?

Out of convenience why not just grab them at Loon?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for Sunday

We were supposed to get 3” or so but it felt like 6 or 7”. Goat was kind of crunchy bumps, but Starr was awesome. National left side was a send session. Tres Amigos left me giggling (yes, I skied woods again!). Nosedive woods felt like first tracks with all the snow blown in there. (Twice in one day!). Toll House woods was getting deep. (Three times!). Groomers had delightful cream cheese snow — I wasn’t touching bottom. Didn’t have enough time to ski all the lines I wanted to today.

Skied with @Crank and some members of his ski club most of the day. Wind was cranking pretty hard; gondola shut down for a bit in the morning which backed up the quad, but once the gondi reopened the lines were pretty minimal.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Game on in stowe again, new snow helped tons by the wind! Ski the low points not the high points. first day where you could make most of your turns on soft snow in about 4 weeks at stowe.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Because it's typically 2x as expensive on the mountain! We have cars and the time so why not!

Check Rodgers in Lincoln. You should be able to get 2 days of basic rentals for ~$50. They used to allow you to book online. They are usually good to deal with too.

I only asked as the last person I got rentals for refused to put them in their car and expected someone else to bring them to the resort for them. Thus the reason I suggested just having them get them at the resort.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
as an instructor the biggest issue with off mountain rental, is when people show up with a problem(honestly like 90 percent of the time) you can fix it

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Game on in stowe again, new snow helped tons by the wind! Ski the low points not the high points. first day where you could make most of your turns on soft snow in about 4 weeks at stowe.

Let's hope the forecast for this week comes true. Next weekend should be pretty good at Stowe.

TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Let's hope the forecast for this week comes true. Next weekend should be pretty good at Stowe.

It will be brutally cold next weekend, though conditions will continue to improve and only get better. It should be a great next few months!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Brutally cold is good....can actually dry out the ice and make it chaulky, plus the colder and the windier the less people who ski. One of my best powder days ever was a christmas day when the high was -25, only managed 9 runs, but they were complete untracked in the woods, the only tracks me and diane crossed were on the groomers.

TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Brutally cold is good....can actually dry out the ice and make it chaulky, plus the colder and the windier the less people who ski. One of my best powder days ever was a christmas day when the high was -25, only managed 9 runs, but they were complete untracked in the woods, the only tracks me and diane crossed were on the groomers.

Agree (last season there were a couple of those days if I remember correctly). And while good conditions can make it feel warmer, some models are showing a high of -4 for Saturday and -1 for Sunday.

Last edited:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agree (last season there were a couple of those days if I remember correctly). And while good conditions can make it feel warmer, some models are showing a high of -4 for Saturday and -1 for Sunday.

As long as it isn't windy I'm okay with the cold. Not exactly fun but once I'm off the lift it's better. I haven't been to Stowe in a couple years so I'm looking forward to it regardless. I'm hoping to check Goat of my to-ski list. It's always been either closed or in rough shape when I've been there.

TS
LKLA

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
As long as it isn't windy I'm okay with the cold. Not exactly fun but once I'm off the lift it's better. I haven't been to Stowe in a couple years so I'm looking forward to it regardless. I'm hoping to check Goat of my to-ski list. It's always been either closed or in rough shape when I've been there.

Gusts are expected early in the week - it should be calm by the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online