• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
No more Hellroaring Basin this season. Normally it closes for the bears in April.

"Closures: Hellroaring Basin and Chair 8 will be closed for the remainder of the season due to the potential for wet slab avalanches and the imminent opening of grizzly habitat. All of East Rim, Evan's Heaven, Moose, Lee's Way, Lodi Peak hike-to, Haskill Slide, Movie Land, Cal's Country, and Over the Hill Gang are closed today due to the potential for wet slide avalanches. Please respect all trail closures."

I haven't emptied my locker yet, but skipped today as it's the weekend and it just doesn't seem worth it trying to find the right run that will be perfect between 10:20 and 10:23. When I was there Friday, things still hadn't gotten past the grabby phase to the corn snow stage. Fluoro didn't seem to achieve much. I think it was all scraped off after the second run. (Yeah, don't tell me structure, my structure is always great.)

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Updating my report, we've finally changed over to corn snow, thank goodness. Large brown patches are appearing on the lower south-facing slopes, though. The backside is still nice. Some avalanche closures have been relaxed, but all of East Rim and Hellroaring Basin and Haskill Slide are still closed.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skied Lookout yesterday (Sun) and was excellent spring skiing. Took 2 pairs of skis and rode my groomer skis in am and switched to my new Elan Ripstick 96 skis when it started to soften they were really great.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
You're the third person I know with those skis, heard good things.

At Elevation Ski & Bike at Sun Peaks, the Elan Ripsticks have become quite popular among skiers looking for a light and lively ski (as opposed to a damp ski).

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Hit Silver Mt today. Weather was fog to blowing falling snow. It was good in a funky PNW way once the crust softened kind of cream cheese snow. My last day for the season.

Tomorrow could be friggin' GREAT! Temps are dropping and they are expecting 7-8" overnight. Get it if you can.

Coomba

Booting up
Skier
8QfHYq_mgzgDK87way3rsb9TLB0DvM8q5dGW6t4HnYnMyxwe8zq0d51N-HOG1YgjUaSPqZFFvou_RwW3OqpuhkM5ItBdkMgns8zzcPeGyfjlwOBD13s21FfO90GrI2zCGT0ojiPRDwM-FXN4klBH3_F7fvbnAbL-NwYJJ9sE4M8BxYeQgQ3FZV7op-wX8H8cSvr0wXhyxwpBVr80xYxGuQxDx9BAq7iM_3LFgU4WtzRuUePnUWoZsdNsCSp-oEt8CCm1xszUfpZNFkZVdhwXn3rKOXAfeBkQ-APDMEMMQt6VV7AspXDLr02hp5fmd9-YhCN1bIzlIm4y2Ot7zffdrpNx7Gigv6K18Y_nyNZj8xYymFhooKZcPdZ2EeSNZzFQl8NnHMwE_ciNJQouUZ_7SpR2p_EudVl9E8WL1hxBhUeDpNaVZbUfodtnNJIJkSjdbUYkrr3yg6JI2RVm7o0r9csGSHhzN4VkrdG0MkVN1yGEUVP60ijJpnlth1hF0gSo4aqfjCz9sUZHTJ_OqCYnAzDd55hHJbsfMADxqbSFmAPEgLeOgHO3OM1ga0BWrYPmKvCybK6DTlPJxiC-v5naXsH2C-vTt70xUBhyhZl9xPi42cjBO09tyUcsvKyl8LVeV_rHFnteGXv6HeB9juTjUVyL=w567-h755-no

Finished my 2018-2019 season yesterday at Silver. Great spring skiing with good coverage. They didn't operate chair four, but I went over that way and skied Bootlegger. I need these spring skiing days to let me know the season is over and it's time to go fishing, biking, gardening, golfing etc. I reached a high water mark this season of 33 days, that might not sound like much to you folks that live close to an area for me it's two hours one way. Pretty good snow year especially February. See you all next season.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
8QfHYq_mgzgDK87way3rsb9TLB0DvM8q5dGW6t4HnYnMyxwe8zq0d51N-HOG1YgjUaSPqZFFvou_RwW3OqpuhkM5ItBdkMgns8zzcPeGyfjlwOBD13s21FfO90GrI2zCGT0ojiPRDwM-FXN4klBH3_F7fvbnAbL-NwYJJ9sE4M8BxYeQgQ3FZV7op-wX8H8cSvr0wXhyxwpBVr80xYxGuQxDx9BAq7iM_3LFgU4WtzRuUePnUWoZsdNsCSp-oEt8CCm1xszUfpZNFkZVdhwXn3rKOXAfeBkQ-APDMEMMQt6VV7AspXDLr02hp5fmd9-YhCN1bIzlIm4y2Ot7zffdrpNx7Gigv6K18Y_nyNZj8xYymFhooKZcPdZ2EeSNZzFQl8NnHMwE_ciNJQouUZ_7SpR2p_EudVl9E8WL1hxBhUeDpNaVZbUfodtnNJIJkSjdbUYkrr3yg6JI2RVm7o0r9csGSHhzN4VkrdG0MkVN1yGEUVP60ijJpnlth1hF0gSo4aqfjCz9sUZHTJ_OqCYnAzDd55hHJbsfMADxqbSFmAPEgLeOgHO3OM1ga0BWrYPmKvCybK6DTlPJxiC-v5naXsH2C-vTt70xUBhyhZl9xPi42cjBO09tyUcsvKyl8LVeV_rHFnteGXv6HeB9juTjUVyL=w567-h755-no

Finished my 2018-2019 season yesterday at Silver. Great spring skiing with good coverage. They didn't operate chair four, but I went over that way and skied Bootlegger. I need these spring skiing days to let me know the season is over and it's time to go fishing, biking, gardening, golfing etc. I reached a high water mark this season of 33 days, that might not sound like much to you folks that live close to an area for me it's two hours one way. Pretty good snow year especially February. See you all next season.

33 is a lot to me... my high (in 2017/18) is 25 days!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Lots of us are in that kind of number, including me, it is just okay. More can be better, but it is the doing that counts.

There is always hope for more next year.

JHust

Putting on skis
Skier

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Silver Mountain's open again Sunday, May 5, with free lift tickets. I'm somewhat tempted, but probably gonna stay in town and work on the yard. But I was up north of Mt. Spokane this afternoon and, from a few miles distance at least, the coverage on the north-facing runs still looks good. With the extra elevation, maybe Silver's north-facing terrain is holding up even better.

Sponsor

Staff online