• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
This is all vicarious information from web site and friends (who probably want to make me feel bad).

Seeing 49* North has 3 chairs turning so game on. $40 tickets and groomers top to bottom, life could be worse.

Had to work today but it is 1st day for me tomorrow at Pomerelle. Don't know what region that would belong to? The rock skis are ready. 26" new this week, should be good.

Coomba

Booting up
Skier
The website said chair 2 would open but it didn't. Talked to head man fors grooming and he said there is just not enough snow on the lower part of 2

Hey Pete, I was there on Friday too. They did open chair two in the afternoon, you didn't miss anything. They need more snow over there, bottom half of Whitetail was survival mode to the bottom. Fingers crossed for more snow soon, and I'm not talking about 2 inches here and there.

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yep thats what I was told. Tempted to go Tommorrow/Thurs but probably won't, really cold and snow is pretty sparse. Comba how was the grooming on 1 ? The visibility was so bad the other day I really could not rate? Thinking snow is so thin they will be limited on grooming.

NOTE. Slidewright doesn't carry my favorite wax anymore. Can anyone recommend a good wax for our usual around here? Not the real cold days like right now but the normal day.

Thanks Pete

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
A friend here climbed yesterday, said there was more than expected, but even more is really needed. And there's nothing in the forecast. They are opening Thursday, but I might not go until Monday and that's based on what i hear from others.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
91 of 137 runs now open at Sun Peaks, the few rocks that are showing are nicely spaced and I will likely bring out my new Kore 93's, next time it snows. Still, I would not recommend a road trip at this time.

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
91 of 137 runs now open at Sun Peaks, the few rocks that are showing are nicely spaced and I will likely bring out my new Kore 93's, next time it snows. Still, I would not recommend a road trip at this time.

Thanks Dano may have to make the drive this year.

I use Racewax green most of the season.

Is Racewax the brand name? Yes lazy of me I know. Thanks for snow report, ditto on above too. Thanks

Coomba

Booting up
Skier
Comba how was the grooming on 1 ?
I thought it was pretty good considering what they had to work with. Visibility was hit and miss on the front side, but mostly okay. Skiing got a little redundant just doing chair one, I'll probably wait for a good storm before heading up again...maybe next week.

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
I thought it was pretty good considering what they had to work with. Visibility was hit and miss on the front side, but mostly okay. Skiing got a little redundant just doing chair one, I'll probably wait for a good storm before heading up again...maybe next week.

Ditto. Tried to get up the whatever to drive up tommorrow but think I will stay home too.

snowghost

spknmike
Skier
Mt Spokane opening day tomorrow. Should be decent despite what the webcams may show. I've hiked it a couple times and although the snowpack is shallow there's a very good base.

Anyone ski Silver on Sunday? I hear Chair 4 is "waiting" on a part to open.. was there anything left untracked for tomorrow (Friday)?

snowghost

spknmike
Skier
I skied Silver again since.. the grooming was starting to churn up rocks but all that should change with this week's snow. I skied the new glades between Sunset and Eureka just to check it out. I think it's probably the best of the new gladed areas, though the new line into NF glades from the lookout could be fun when it opens.

Friday looks good for Silver, I'm betting still no Chair 4 though..

$10 tickets at Schweitzer this Friday. Patrol posted that pads were going on the Quad.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Come on somebody, hurt us all bad.

How great was everywhere today?

Lookout claimed 33" fresh. Silver 12". 49 says 15" and building.
Pictures would be nice, but know you were busy.

Coomba

Booting up
Skier
Skied Lookout yesterday, was there when the lifts started. The crowds were insane from opening to about 1:00. The snow was good, but was quickly skied out. Chair three still wasn't running, which would have helped with the crowds. Otherwise coverage was good, with maybe the exception of lower Sundance. This next week looks good for additional storms. Didn't bring my phone with me or I would have posted photos of the lift lines.

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Coomba sorry missed you. I pulle up at 840 and couldn't believe the people. Went into lodge and found out cans of food for lift ticket day. Drove down towards chair 1 lower lot 150 yards past lift and found a parking spot. Chair 1 and 2 only, thought lift lines and went home.

BUT. Skied Silver today 12/14 FRI. Chair 2, silver belt and sunrise skied good. Runs off of 2 were windblown, 3-5in of powder on variable conditions underneath. Skied ok. Chair 4: the road over is windblown and about the worst I have ever seen, don't go too fast or you will be very suprised. Gold and Tamarak were groomed (several days ag)o and were rock hard and slick. Off piste on 4 :skied uder 4 and hitl something so go back on groomer. Prospector was full of stick ups and brush. The new widening of Eureka looked good and there were a few people skiing, took a look and passed didn't have my rock skis on or my padding for the body. Overall rating: OK skiing and conditions, need another 2 feet

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Skiing Schweitzer this weekend. Up at the condo now. They got new snow this week 1.5 feet I think and it is snowing now. Frontside lifts are open - will see what it offers tomorrow. Need more snow but should be ok.

Will report back.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Schweitzer update for today - 4 inches overnight, windy, Stella on the backside opens today.

Sponsor