• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
The rumor now is summer of 2020. I had a feeling it’s replacement was going to be pushed back after they got that new part for the Agassiz chair in December. The word now is they are going to build a new Hart Prairie lodge. Another interesting rumor is when the new lift goes in they want to put a restaurant up there. With the water issues that seems problematic to me. Personally I think they should figure out how to make decent food before making more restaurants but whatever. I mean, my god their food is total shit.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The rumor now is summer of 2020. I had a feeling it’s replacement was going to be pushed back after they got that new part for the Agassiz chair in December. The word now is they are going to build a new Hart Prairie lodge. Another interesting rumor is when the new lift goes in they want to put a restaurant up there. With the water issues that seems problematic to me. Personally I think they should figure out how to make decent food before making more restaurants but whatever. I mean, my god their food is total shit.

The bad food problem is affecting all of Coleman's resorts. I had one of the worst meals of my life at Purgatory a few weeks ago. Went to Wolf Creek and they had a guy making gourmet pizza at their upper lodge and fresh pulled pork sandwiches, that's how it needs to be.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Agree totally with the poor quality food offerings . When I encourage friends to join me at Snowbowl with the intention of rekindling the ski passion they once had, I have to warn them about the limited menu. Most folks are no stranger to bad food at ski resorts, but then again there is no excuse for lack of initiative in that arena. Many places have genuinely good food whether the resort is large or small. To me, the chondola ---and the expense---- is not a feature that would engender tourism or loyalty to Snowbowl nearly as much as having a really decent dining option. How I get up the mountain is not nearly as important as how I enjoy the mountain with good friends, food, and great skiing.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Almost 50 F at Snowslide Snotel today. Get your turns in while you still can, we are on the countdown.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
We get a refresh on Friday.

Hopefully I can get out for a tour on Saturday.

On the food thing, being in the south west it would be really cool if they just did burritos, street tacos and some south west inspired soups at the Agassiz lodge. Fresh salsas and what nots. Less can be so much more and with a simple menu you can really put out a quality product.

I hear Whitewater ski resort up in BC has some ridiculously good food, I think they are famous for it.

Last edited:

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The bad food problem is affecting all of Coleman's resorts. I had one of the worst meals of my life at Purgatory a few weeks ago. Went to Wolf Creek and they had a guy making gourmet pizza at their upper lodge and fresh pulled pork sandwiches, that's how it needs to be.

Indeed, visited Purg three weeks ago. Three meals in three different venues, all dismal. Not expecting gourmet, but how hard is it to serve a brat that's not approaching jerky?

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Indeed, visited Purg three weeks ago. Three meals in three different venues, all dismal. Not expecting gourmet, but how hard is it to serve a brat that's not approaching jerky?

That is brutal lol. My worst meal ever skiing was at Sunrise. Ordered a french dip sandwich that tasted like it had been dipped in dog shit. Pro tip, order the fry bread taco when out there. I like raisingarizona's ideas about tacos and burritos, that would be great.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
That is brutal lol. My worst meal ever skiing was at Sunrise. Ordered a french dip sandwich that tasted like it had been dipped in dog shit. Pro tip, order the fry bread taco when out there. I like raisingarizona's ideas about tacos and burritos, that would be great.

The MidWay Cafe at Sunrise used to serve the best burritos ever!

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wish Lee would give us an update on this storm. I think I am chasing this one out to Sunrise.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Dumping snow at both AZ mountains and no one is even talking about it. Tomorrow should be excellent.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Will be heading up to Sunrise Fri night to join the Spring break weekend zoo.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It’s golf season!

Jk.

First descents (or pretty darn close to it) in the Arizona back country. Not me or my video.

I love this time of year, best snow and dwindling crowds! I want to see someone do a first descent on Kendrick Peak. I know how to get up there in winter if you ever want to do it.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm going to head up tonight.

As for the food, I've only tried the fries as everything seems overpriced. Almost Vail prices which is a little much for snowbowl. Regardless, I'd probably eat at the Jeep anyway.

Good call on tailgating. Lot 5/6 is where it’s at!

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I love this time of year, best snow and dwindling crowds! I want to see someone do a first descent on Kendrick Peak. I know how to get up there in winter if you ever want to do it.

I bet it’s been skied. It would be a fun adventure though.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I bet it’s been skied. It would be a fun adventure though.

Since the last burn two years ago the inner bowl and some of the northern aspects on Kendrick are completely free of downed logs and brush. During a season like this it is prime 9k+ touring terrain and I bet no one even thinks about it.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Since the last burn two years ago the inner bowl and some of the northern aspects on Kendrick are completely free of downed logs and brush. During a season like this it is prime 9k+ touring terrain and I bet no one even thinks about it.

Oh dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor