• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Same. Made some good turns with @Core2. Skied myself into oblivion.

How about this next storm though?

I hear it’s colder. After this one it should be pretty good. I’m working Wednesday and Thursday though.....ugh. Hopefully the winds aren’t too crazy and the touring is still good for Friday

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Some old dude tried to run me off Snowbowl road because I passed him in the parking lot and he didn't like it. How the fuck can you road rage on a powder day goddamn? Other than that it was a great day. I'm going up Wednesday.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What happened to all the people yesterday? Parking lot was "full" but no real lift lines. Was it the race or the visibility?

yeah it was weird. I'm guessing it was due to all the race teams.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The snow was crazy good today but man it was cold up there! Snotel says it was 9 degrees when the lifts opened and it felt like it.

IMG_0385.jpg

NPhoenix

Joe G
Skier
The snow was crazy good today but man it was cold up there! Snotel says it was 9 degrees when the lifts opened and it felt like it.

View attachment 64967

Ok, so it wasn't just us. We had to hit the vehicle to warm up the toes and I thought we were getting soft. Really enjoyed that sun we it came out for a bit. The snow was phenomenal and should be great tomorrow with temps this low.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Big avalanche up in the SF peaks yesterday it looks like. @raisingarizona is this near the Snoslide Snotel?

51547928_2958917667455400_3742505468031926272_n.jpg

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Big avalanche up in the SF peaks yesterday it looks like. @raisingarizona is this near the Snoslide Snotel?

View attachment 65048

That’s the starting zone of Snowslide but the snotel is far below in the Canyon runout. That went during the tail end of the cycle or wind event. The slab built up from the loading in there was massive after the storm before last, that crown looks impressive!

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Found a good tuner in PHX. Guy will actually set specific edge bevels. He said Ski Pro sets everyone to 90 degrees which explains why some of my skis have been pretty fucked up coming out of there.

https://www.facebook.com/WaxArizona/

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Gonna have to quit my job if this keeps up:

Extended Forecast
Models advertising a pineapple express, atmospheric river event sometime in the 2/13-2/15 timeframe. GFS is a bit later and much warmer than the faster and colder Euro. Both models bringing 4+" of liquid into SoCal with up to 2" making it to AZ. Either way, this may be another huge dump for our mountains. Hoping for a Vday massacre.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
And I have to work on Friday. Dammit.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
This is killing me, I want to come up but have errands and chores to finish before going to Big Sky next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online