• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
AZ Snowbowl reporting 9" and Snotel reporting 1", who to believe. If anyone goes up today please report back.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Snowslide Canyon SNOTEL seems to be showing 9" on the 14th (far right column is "Change in Snow Depth")... is that the right SNOTEL site for Snowbowl?

upload_2019-1-15_14-50-56.png

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the one you want to be looking at:

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=fgz&sid=XSCA3&num=168

3" for 24 hours now. This Snotel is slightly lower and on the other side of the mountain from where Snowbowl measures their snow.
Yep - that's the same one I posted - SNOWSLIDE CANYON - just the page with a lot more hourly data. I'm not sure how to rectify that against the page I posted a piece of above though... at what time each day do they pick the daily value for the list I posted? No idea.

Here's the page I was looking at : https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/reportGenerator/view/customMultipleStationReport/daily/start_of_period/state="AZ" AND network="SNTLT","SNTL" AND element="SNWD" AND outServiceDate="2100-01-01"|name/-6,0/name,stationId,WTEQ::value,WTEQ::delta,SNWD::value,SNWD::delta?fitToScreen=false

There are a lot of pages with data, reports, graphs, and filters out there... I'm not very familiar with the site, so maybe that's not a good one to look at for some reason.

Spooky

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yep - that's the same one I posted - SNOWSLIDE CANYON - just the page with a lot more hourly data. I'm not sure how to rectify that against the page I posted a piece of above though... at what time each day do they pick the daily value for the list I posted? No idea.

The data are aggregated daily at midnight GMT-08:00 over the previous 24hrs. The 9" change on that report fell early Sunday (13th). Maybe the precipitation coming in from the SSW slowly wasn't making it over the peaks last night. I dunno. Their instagram pic looked like 6"+ plus had fallen wherever the photo was taken.

I went up Monday and the groomers were nice. Light snow showers all day with only a few sunny breaks in the clouds. Maybe Thursday into Friday fills in with a colder storm?

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Boom! Finally a warmer storm that’s bringing in some cream cheese and a bit of wind buffing. The snow slowed down this morning but it became nuke town around noon and conditions started to get really good after that. I was getting a little down with every storm being really cold, not producing much and still skiing the old crusty surface. That shit fuck snow started to disappear today!

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh man. NOT good. I was toying with the idea of being there today, which is a little creepy.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Damn, I hope everyone is okay...

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Surprise stealth powder day at xxx xxxxx xx... they reported one inch at 5 am and by the time we got up there it was 8 and dumping. Fluffy, light, silky snow.

VideoCapture_20190122-184421.jpg this was at about 2:30 south facing fluff on crust. But still fun.

Below was the winter wonderland. Freshies all day 20190122_152842.jpg 20190122_185003.jpg hot cocoa break at the little mid mountain place

And this was at noon on one of the more popular runs. Like a ghost town. 20190122_114955.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online