• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Also, $29 lift ticket horror has begun.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
went hiking today and when I came back cops were standing around my Subaru. They said it looked abandoned so they were running the plates to see if it was stolen. I haven't washed it for about two months so it is dirty af but I didn't think it was that bad...

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Saturday is gonna be super fun at Snowbowl. It’s the KPAC fundraiser party, the bump competition on Agassiz and the card board derby race. It’s the best party of the year

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Saturday is gonna be super fun at Snowbowl. It’s the KPAC fundraiser party, the bump competition on Agassiz and the card board derby race. It’s the best party of the year

I should be at SB Monday and Tuesday, be a lot of time on the HP bunny hill with the grandkids but I will sneak off to the top for at least a few. Be looking forward to your trip report from the weekend @raisingarizona !!

Plan on packing my versatile old twin tips expecting anything.....but I'll have some GS skis too just in case the groomers are firm.

:)

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I should be at SB Monday and Tuesday, be a lot of time on the HP bunny hill with the grandkids but I will sneak off to the top for at least a few. Be looking forward to your trip report from the weekend @raisingarizona !!

Plan on packing my versatile old twin tips expecting anything.....but I'll have some GS skis too just in case the groomers are firm.

:)

I think they move to Thurs-Sun schedule starting 4/1 through closing. I'd give them a call and confirm, I may be wrong.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
46ABAEF0-975A-49D3-BB7D-4E64B038E491.jpeg Even with daily high temps in town hovering close to 60 the north faces are still holding pow up high. The skiing this past week has been excellent for touring. Here’s a rarely skied nugget we got into the other day. The Couloir reaches up much higher into the rocks than the picture suggests.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
A2B5775A-13C7-4BE5-A43D-AB868A22DDC9.jpeg Some stoke from yesterday. After dropping in here you have to bank off that berm and make a hard right to enter the main Couloir underneath the overhanging rock. The fall line pulls you into the horn on the right so I decided to go for the check into the pocket just below my tips which was only about a 10, maybe a little more foot drop below. It was a technical and intimidating move for me. This was my personal best run in Last Chance and my GoPro lens was completely covered from the landing but at least I got this screen-grab I guess. Not that that should matter anyways. We used to just ski stuff to do it and barely documented anything!

Last edited:
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Some stoke from yesterday. After dropping in here you have to bank off that berm and make a hard right to enter the main Couloir underneath the overhanging rock. This was my personal best run in Last Chance and my GoPro lens was completely covered from the landing but at least I got this screengrab.

Hard to believe that is AZ. Your photos always trip me out.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Really crusty up here today. But still cold enough to be slow to thaw. Limited to ripping still fairly icy groomers in the morning right now.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Went from 40 degrees to 18. Full on winter back for a day. If the blizzard continues tonight it should be a genuine blue bird powder day tomorrow. Today was still good on the groomers. Super fluff on top of not completely refrozen crust. But windy!

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
DBF70DE2-A58D-4EA8-B057-3A4FE271BEC0.jpeg D5571D14-BDAF-4C13-9320-9C04D1DEF318.jpeg
Went from 40 degrees to 18. Full on winter back for a day. If the blizzard continues tonight it should be a genuine blue bird powder day tomorrow. Today was still good on the groomers. Super fluff on top of not completely refrozen crust. But windy!

We aren’t getting any of that over here but I’m not complaining. It’s been one heck of a winter and I’m ready for spring.

The Saturday party at Snowbowl was all time!

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hiking and skiing in the same day, love this part of the season. I showed up about 2:30 at Snowbowl and it was full on corn harvest, lots of fun. I saw Coleman up there riding the lifts with a bunch of Forest Service guys. Word is they are discussing the next improvements and the proposed gondola.

11.jpg

22.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor