• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Webcams show a snowy and windy morning at both Snow Bowl and Sunrise.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Snowbowl was really decent today, snow was nice and creamy. Did not look like mid-March up there.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
They didn't open Agassiz until 1:30 and the place was pretty empty. Snow was good but seemed heavy compared to February storms.

They told everyone on Facebook that Agassiz was open all morning when it wasn't. They started spinning it like an hour or two before loading and people were just sitting over there in the line the whole time. I'd be pissed if I came up on a day trip and had to deal with that.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Yeah, they're having a great late season. Here's the OpenSnow season snowpack graph :

taos.jpg

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another avalanche at Taos. This one ran through the town and a woman was rescued when she was dug out of the snow inside her house!

Santa Fe paper indicated it was one or more snowboarders riding on an old mine tailings pile which is closed to skiing. No indication if they found them.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
On a happier note, Santa Fe skied great today. 15 inches of relatively light snow on top of 8 inches of wet yesterday. The road was still a nightmare but was worth it today. 10 cars sprinkled in the ditches including one pickup nose down being held up by a small Aspen. Yikes! Sorry no photo if the truck but here are some of the snow.
20190314_105422.jpg 20190314_105437.jpg 20190314_124123.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
On a happier note, Santa Fe skied great today. 15 inches of relatively light snow on top of 8 inches of wet yesterday. The road was still a nightmare but was worth it today. 10 cars sprinkled in the ditches including one pickup nose down being held up by a small Aspen. Yikes! Sorry no photo if the truck but here are some of the snow.
View attachment 68525 View attachment 68526 View attachment 68527

Ski SF is awesome. Only been once but I though the tree skiing was fantastic. Super fun terrain. That road is no joke. It quickly takes care of unworthy vehicles. :roflmao:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
^^^
Yeah, they're having a great late season. Here's the OpenSnow season snowpack graph :

taos.jpg

Looks almost All Time! A few pugskiers are there right now enjoying the pow.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Another avalanche at Taos. This one ran through the town and a woman was rescued when she was dug out of the snow inside her house!

Santa Fe paper indicated it was one or more snowboarders riding on an old mine tailings pile which is closed to skiing. No indication if they found them.

Seriously crazy season up there. I was raised in NM and I don't think I can remember hearing of an avalanche at Taos or any other ski area in the state, ever. I'm sure it happens but this season has been wild.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thursday was stupid fun at the Bowl. I’ve realized this year that I really prefer the wind buffed cream over the blower powder every single time. Wind buffed cream is a magical thing and lawd you can ski so fast in it!

Yesterday was windy and cold AF, the winds shifted and conditions overall weren’t very good. There’s still some honey pockets here and there though.

This may sound crazy but I’m a little burnt out. I’m getting excited for spring.

On a different note, I’m curious how much Taos got to run the Kachina chair this season.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm curious about Kachina too. I don't think they've run it much since the avalanche.
@Brock Tice what do you know homie?

Brock Tice

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm curious about Kachina too. I don't think they've run it much since the avalanche.
@Brock Tice what do you know homie?
I was out all this lovely week in AZ with the kids for spring break. I can tell you kachina peak had been open very little this season. I've only been up 4 times, 2 hikes and 2 lift rides all season.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice creamy 3 to 5 inch day at Ski Santa Fe. They are extending the season to the 14th. Great coverage. The photos are at about 10 am looking up and down on virgin snow of what is normally a bump run. 20190322_105501.jpg 20190322_105514.jpg

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Still looking tasty everywhere! AZ Snowbowl is scheduled to go through 4/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online