• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtlange

Getting off the lift
Skier
I took a few stupid spills due to that. It was tough skiing but still had lots of fun with @Noodler I was gassed at the end though. When I just let it fly the Noctas crushed everything but they do NOT like shorter turns when in this stuff. In lighter snow they can pivot and smear quite easily but this stuff was dense and varied greatly by aspect and small changes topography. Below treeline / in the trees it was much better.

I was making some VERY high speed turns today on the Protests to feel like I had control. That ski's shape just planes on wind affected stuff like nobodies business. It was pushing my comfort zone to say the least.

The X Factor was the COLD. Wow. -5F at 11,500 all morning but only windy above treeline and then the wind calmed down enough. Like I mentioned before skis just dont slide the same when its that cold.

Pretty sure I got some mild frostbite on the tip of my nose.

I had to leave for work at 11:30, did 9 open?

Reactions: nay

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I thought it was weirdly warm this morning at Breck. But everyone else felt cold, so I dunno ...

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I was making some VERY high speed turns today on the Protests to feel like I had control. That ski's shape just planes on wind affected stuff like nobodies business. It was pushing my comfort zone to say the least.

Pretty sure I got some mild frostbite on the tip of my nose.

I had to leave for work at 11:30, did 9 open?

Nope, not even a hint of LL wanting to open it. Never moved an inch.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
Snow was super soft and feet deep up top yesterday. Got to share it with about 50,000 other clowns as the circus came to town.

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
Bummer. On a Thursday? Think it was the schools closed on the front range, spring break gathering steam or both?
We did have a big number on the snow report. Monday and Tuesday spring break shenanigans were on full display, saw three separate incidents of chair loading fails/splats on Tuesday. On Wednesday (storm day) nearly all those folks ghosted the slopes, pretty sure all the cafes ran out of hot chocolate. Yesterday all those folks and half of Denver were back on the chairs.

Def had a handful of first class runs yesterday but all day long I was super happy we made a big day of it on Wednesday.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
We did have a big number on the snow report. Monday and Tuesday spring break shenanigans were on full display, saw three separate incidents of chair loading fails/splats on Tuesday. On Wednesday (storm day) nearly all those folks ghosted the slopes, pretty sure all the cafes ran out of hot chocolate. Yesterday all those folks and half of Denver were back on the chairs.

Def had a handful of first class runs yesterday but all day long I was super happy we made a big day of it on Wednesday.

Where at? LL was pretty chill.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

headybrew

surrender to the flow
Skier
Winter Park was not very busy yesterday, definitely seeing a lot more Texas plates around though. Snow quality was OK medium-ish density powder, steeper faces had a crusty bottom less severe slopes were all packed powder. Overall a nice day of skiing but probably won't end up even being a top ten day for me in this incredible season. Snow pack looking great.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Was it the snow tires that failed or the fact that the car was in snow up past the undercarriage that was the issue?

Yeah, tires don't help when you're high centered. AMHIK.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
235A5F2A-E794-4196-B85D-10BE85EB53FA.jpeg Very nice day at Loveland. We caught #9 not too long after it opened this morning. Lots of untouched wind affected packed snow. Variable density changing on the dime was a challenge.

Pic from the top of Chet looking over to #4

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Was it the snow tires that failed or the fact that the car was in snow up past the undercarriage that was the issue?

Oh look at all the excuses :P. There’s a bunch of snow piled up because the car became a snow fence once it was stuck.

I dragged my frame through this entire pic. The tracks look like that because it was crab walking and kept sliding off the road. I had to go back in and pull out a Tundra that shouldn’t have followed.

AA1E462D-A829-4213-87D6-3F5A2B48C126.png

This is what proper traction looks like when there is no snow on snow traction.

C3CA77A3-89DE-4690-92DF-C5213140FE7F.jpeg

I-70 really isn’t that bad :roflmao:.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
While the masses were heading west past the divide (i70 was a clusterF past the Empire Junction!) I made a few laps on Berthoud Pass (Mines). Snow was soft below treeline and slightly wind packed above. Fun low angle powder. It was cold but not as cold as yesterday! Snow was not sun affected at all, if it gets warmer it will be quickly.

IMG_4200.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

Looks like CDOT got a brand new cat!

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online