• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
So it turns out yesterday was hail, noted by firsthand observation. Today at the Cirque Series, however, was not.

I used BMX and shortcuts to the top and still only beat the first runners by about 10 mins. It was brutal up there at ridgeline with heavy rain and snow mixed and strong wind. Reports of hypothermia...

Here’s the woman who won in the women’s Pro category reaching Little Lenawee summit.

AB4672A0-6C74-48BE-AC68-34CC1171BFA0.png

Badass.

34E45106-5986-4A00-9F02-94E1685826DE.jpeg

My son was second to the top, 5th overall, and won the expert category. Awesome day.

96B4F872-CC14-49B4-BBD2-2B9D07416A23.png

All pics by me.

And snow.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was going to take a pic today and post. Noticed the leaves are subtly changing in spots between Copper and Frisco. It was a nice day. Mid 60's and a little breezy. Fall is definitely around the corner. Then the drive down to Beau Jo's snapped me back into reality. I70 traffic. No parking in Idaho Springs.

I'm thinking next weekend will definitely look like the start of fall.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I was going to take a pic today and post. Noticed the leaves are subtly changing in spots between Copper and Frisco. It was a nice day. Mid 60's and a little breezy. Fall is definitely around the corner. Then the drive down to Beau Jo's snapped me back into reality. I70 traffic. No parking in Idaho Springs.

I'm thinking next weekend will definitely look like the start of fall.

No worries, this is the last week of summer traffic, after Monday its gonna be gone until the first powder day.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
The alpine is starting to look fallish.

40534924_10101602829568520_1753407960366710784_o.jpg

@Ron -- colors turning up that way yet? I have a 3-day backpack trip anywhere in the state slated for this weekend. Debating Flattops leaf peeping or last bit of summer high up in the San Juans.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Hey Colorado peeps, I hope you all had a great Summer! I'm thinking of making a trip out to see if I can find a 130+ flex boot that is high enough volume for my newly fused ankle. The good news is that getting in and out of a 2 piece isn't quite as difficult as I thought it would be and the pain is way down after they removed my ankle joint. The bad news is that after 3 surgeries over the past few 3 years, so much new bone has deposited around the injured area (lower tibia) that my once skinny/low volume ankle is now really high volume on my right side so I need two totally different volumes for each foot. I'll probably end up with 2 different boots, likely sticking with my RS 130 on my left and then something higher volume or going up one full size in the RS 130 on my right.

So, when are shops and boot fitters usually fully stocked out there? With my unique situation, what boot fitters have the biggest inventory from all of the manufacturers because I may have to try a bunch of boots before I find the right one as I now have one weird ankle where my feet and insteps are similar on both feet, then starting about 1" below the malleolus', one side is way bigger which slowly tapers off above to where 5" above the malleolus' they are back to the same, skinny upper ankle and calfs. Basically there is a bulge around my lower tibia as if I have a bad sprain making it 12" vs 10.5" diameter. So "the best" boot fitter with limited models would not be as advantageous as a good fitter that has pretty much every 130+ flex model to try on my cankle.

Thanks!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
A little bit of stoke …

Typical for this time of year A Basin is now ready to go and just waiting on temps. As soon as they drop it will be full on wrod watch.

View attachment 52637

Now that Copper is closed during the week you will see more activity around the base. These are ready to go.

View attachment 52638

Last year it got cold enough super late hopefully this year will be much sooner :D I predict the first heavy snow at Abay will be on the 8th of October :D

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Hey Colorado peeps, I hope you all had a great Summer! I'm thinking of making a trip out to see if I can find a 130+ flex boot that is high enough volume for my newly fused ankle. The good news is that getting in and out of a 2 piece isn't quite as difficult as I thought it would be and the pain is way down after they removed my ankle joint. The bad news is that after 3 surgeries over the past few 3 years, so much new bone has deposited around the injured area (lower tibia) that my once skinny/low volume ankle is now really high volume on my right side so I need two totally different volumes for each foot. I'll probably end up with 2 different boots, likely sticking with my RS 130 on my left and then something higher volume or going up one full size in the RS 130 on my right.

So, when are shops and boot fitters usually fully stocked out there? With my unique situation, what boot fitters have the biggest inventory from all of the manufacturers because I may have to try a bunch of boots before I find the right one as I now have one weird ankle where my feet and insteps are similar on both feet, then starting about 1" below the malleolus', one side is way bigger which slowly tapers off above to where 5" above the malleolus' they are back to the same, skinny upper ankle and calfs. Basically there is a bulge around my lower tibia as if I have a bad sprain making it 12" vs 10.5" diameter. So "the best" boot fitter with limited models would not be as advantageous as a good fitter that has pretty much every 130+ flex model to try on my cankle.

Thanks!

City fitters should be active about now, not sure on the locations at the resorts. Prolly need to call up and see, and good luck with the fitting.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Summer is back here in Denver, but without the smoke which is nice.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Summer is back here in Denver, but without the smoke which is nice.

Not complaining one bit about the warm days and cool nights, watching hurricanes from high ground.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Not complaining one bit about the warm days and cool nights, watching hurricanes from high ground.

I have been through several Hurricanes in Puerto Rico (3). Let's just say I LOVE Colorado weather any day of the year...

Reactions: nay

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
Thanks for starting this thread, @nay, please save a couple of pages for me, I'll be back in January :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online