• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
I have no idea and will be sending an email.

I was diagnosed with a concussion and whiplash today so no work or school for the next 3 days.

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear it! My wife got nailed last year at WP thankfully it was her shoulder and not her head. Concussions are way more common than people realize as most go undiagnosed. I've rang my bell too many times to count between football and motocross and my memory now sucks! Or at least that's my excuse!

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Ok round two. Let’s hope this one’s not a bust. Can’t go two days of skunk for dinner. 6-10 on the mountain would work. And it’s currently 3* on top so if it does decide to snow, it should be blower.

WHAT...Snow. 6 to 8 inches in Steamboat Springs. 6 to 10 inches
with locally higher amounts in the Elkhead and Park Mountains
and Flat Tops.

* WHERE...Elkhead and Park Mountains, Upper Yampa River Basin
and Flat Tops.

* WHEN...From 8 AM Wednesday to 11 AM MST Thursday.

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
The last couple of weeks have been chock full of gems here at xxx xxxx. Nothing spectacular but a few inches here, a few there and a bunch of right place at the right time have yielded too many grins to count. For good reason, we're not known for our steeps but three shots of what we got got got by my buddy and me under the watchful and enthusiastic eye of our patrol. Good times. A fourth shot got got by about one hundred and ten of our friends before it was our turn. That seemed like a bit of a bungle.

I'd say the hill is skiing pretty well at the moment.

After a flawless start, Strava's been letting me down lately. I haven't examined the clues but it seems to require a manual start after loss of signal? Got a kick out of the time it had me getting on a lift with no mid-station at mid-station.

Today was my fifteenth consecutive, seventeenth for the season. Looks like I'll fly out on a pow day but if all goes as planned I'll be back to do it again next week = ) Maybe another ropey dope tomorrow:thumb:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Ok round two. Let’s hope this one’s not a bust. Can’t go two days of skunk for dinner. 6-10 on the mountain would work. And it’s currently 3* on top so if it does decide to snow, it should be blower.

WHAT...Snow. 6 to 8 inches in Steamboat Springs. 6 to 10 inches
with locally higher amounts in the Elkhead and Park Mountains
and Flat Tops.

* WHERE...Elkhead and Park Mountains, Upper Yampa River Basin
and Flat Tops.

* WHEN...From 8 AM Wednesday to 11 AM MST Thursday.
Yeah but does Steamboat offer any relief for poor furloughed workers? :huh:
Discounted tickets?
Food banks? :eek:

Reactions: Ron

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Went to Key this morning. COLD AF. Pretty much deserted. Drive over LL Pass, really put the Hakkas to the test, wow, they ruled!

IMG_3567.JPG IMG_3568.JPG IMG_3570.JPG IMG_3572.JPG

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Similar here, the mountain is empty. I went up at 11 met some friends and the trees were outstanding @Bruuuce was up there too. The mountain reported 1" but either a lot more fell or it came out of the trees but we were in ankle to shin high. The snow fell heavily all afternoon, they are showing 5" on the stake but by the end of the day we were hitting near boot deep pockets of very light snow. It didnt get above 7* all day so its coming down like, "down" :) Uber blower.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The last couple of weeks have been chock full of gems here at xxx xxxx. Nothing spectacular but a few inches here, a few there and a bunch of right place at the right time have yielded too many grins to count.

I'm guessing the drop you were hoping for didn't happen? I wonder how much more snow is needed before xxx xxxxxx can open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January