• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

palikona

Getting off the lift
Skier
Agree...’11 was better. Also ‘08 (I think)?
Yeah, I’m assuming it’s going to be a clusterF.
Maybe I’ll detour to some patchskiing :)

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
He makes an occasional appearance - @KevinF left in an ambulance after skiing with him. :nono: I need to be more of a questionable parent and prioritize skiing over school. :golfclap:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
These tweets from Arapahoe Basin are kind of incredible, when you think of how quickly things change.
From June 9th

Fresh snow on June 23rd

Spring skiing and Lake Reveal in its glory June 29th

Kite Pilot

Putting on skis
Skier
I was up on Sunday, didn't get there until 11, but I thought it was a bit of a zoo. The Lenawee lift had a huge line and people were throwing snow balls, including at the ski patrol who shut down the lift until it stopped, then it would start and snowballs would fly again, this went on and off for a while. Anyway probably would have been better if I'd gotten there earlier. The bumps on Ramrod were great and the line did go down later in the afternoon.

There was good snow in 2011 too, dug up an old video I did that year, here it is. Hope everyone going up for the Fourth has a good one!

Last edited:
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Oh. Hell. No.

AD551089-A670-44DB-8142-7011888B9549.jpeg FC4071A6-7B5E-4524-8D1E-9D1858B56F4F.jpeg

This was at 7:30. It was backed up over the top of the pass by the time we turned around and headed back with a bumper to bumper stream coming up. In another 10-15 mins it would have been backed all the way to Loveland.

Last Friday was great final lift served day. We’re hanging in Vail so that’s all good.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Oh. Hell. No.

View attachment 76783 View attachment 76784

This was at 7:30. It was backed up over the top of the pass by the time we turned around and headed back with a bumper to bumper stream coming up. In another 10-15 mins it would have been backed all the way to Loveland.

Last Friday was great final lift served day. We’re hanging in Vail so that’s all good.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Pretty much as predicted, last Epic A Basin Season going out with a bang!

What a sh!tshow, wow. :bestday::roflmao:

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
That traffic was hardly moving. Easily 2 hours from that point where I posted the pics, and that pace was still with the upper lot open. I know this because one of my sons was coming the other way out of Keystone and he could give us status.

We realized we had to get off the pass ASAP or risk getting stuck for a long time either direction with thousands of people potentially turning around. We’d have probably needed to leave by about 4:45 am from Monument to even have a shot, and the Lenawee lines are going to be insane.

A truly Epic shitshow. We were coming up anyway, so I was happy to see how bad it was with no question of even trying.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
This one is for the books. Never forget :popcorn: :roflmao:

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 11.37.57 AM.png

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
All time.

66454512-BB44-444D-99E9-BDF5BEC20EE2.jpeg

What’s weirder is look mid-mountain. There’s nobody up at BML. I wonder if the closing lift line snowball stuff is basically keeping the lift shut down.

End of an era for sure :golfclap:.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@nay you must have passed us when you turned around. I figured it would be crowded but nothing like that. Then again they were on 9News and Fox31 saying they expected a big crowd. By 8:30 a.m. the parking lots were closed and there was no place to park within 1 mile on either side of A Basin. Not sure why they weren't doing the bus thing between Keystone and there. Maybe it started up after this? There was roadside speculation that if you didn't already have your ticket/pass you probably wouldn't be able to purchase one at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: nay
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
@nay you must have passed us when you turned around. I figured it would be crowded but nothing like that. Then again they were on 9News and Fox31 saying they expected a big crowd. By 8:30 a.m. the parking lots were closed and there was no place to park within 1 mile on either side of A Basin. Not sure why they weren't doing the bus thing between Keystone and there. Maybe it started up after this? There was roadside speculation that if you didn't already have your ticket/pass you probably wouldn't be able to purchase one at this point.

Yep, we would have passed you for sure. Unreal, wasn’t it? I had only purchased one ticket I needed last night in advance for $45 so no major losses.

Although I should get a refund since it was literally impossible to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor